Seahawks Fall in Pre-Season Power Rankings

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2w3gag96 said:
lsheldon":2w3gag96 said:
But the Donkey's are now rated as #1? Oh yeah, something just feels off. That explains it. I'm glad they could come up with some concrete indisputable evidence. Plus Denver looks great on paper.

1. Denver Broncos – After a tumultuous offseason last year, training camp 2014 is relatively peaceful in the Mile High City. And on paper, the Broncos are a much better team than the one on the field was in Super Bowl XLVIII. (LW: 2)

2. Seattle Seahawks – Something just feels off about the Seahawks this season. A Super Bowl hangover seems to exist, and a fall almost seems imminent. Marshawn Lynch’s holdout, which gets uglier by the day, is just the latest sign. (LW: 1)

http://cover32.com/2014/07/29/power-ran ... edition-2/

You know who else seemed like they were a better team on paper than the Seahawks...the Broncos at SB 48. I remember the arguments being, the Seahawks are the #1 defense of 2013. The Broncos are the #1 offense of ALL TIME. Yeah we all saw how that turned out.

Either way, you're a dominant SB winning team and you lose as many players as we did. You're not going to look better than you did last year on paper. I'm okay with this ranking. I do agree with the holdout, McCoy getting injured, Rice retiring, and the players we lost. PLUS RW's divorce (he can say all the right things and do all the right things on social media, but unless he's dead in the heart, I'm sure it's taking a toll on in somewhere). I hope this ranking helps motivate the team, because right now you're hearing about being great as a player, but I'm not getting that same hunger feeling for repeating as I got for wanting the franchise's first championship. Go Hawks. Beast get your butt back to camp!
With Peyton at the helm of the most prolific Offense in the history of the NFL, you'd expect that he would have been able to overtake the Seahawks Defense with his ability to read everything they could throw at him, like the master strategist that he's being touted to be, but that's the trouble with believing what is being written on paper.

jake206

Reaction score
Broncos...uh no. They are not better than the Seahawks. Other teams in the NFC-west, it might be debatable. Any AFC team will always be no better than the 8th best team in NFC. 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Eagles, Saints, Panthers are all better than the Broncos.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jake206":m0itqwd7 said:
Broncos...uh no. They are not better than the Seahawks. Other teams in the NFC-west, it might be debatable. Any AFC team will always be no better than the 8th best team in NFC. 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Eagles, Saints, Panthers are all better than the Broncos.
BINGO!!

brettb3

Reaction score
General Manager":3c41ggoy said:
Riley12":3c41ggoy said:
General Manager":3c41ggoy said:
If we go into Denver and can't run the ball and struggle offensively the pressure will really start to build on the FO. If we can then Lynch's hand is gonna take a big hit.

Based upon a scrimmage? I don't think anyone in the front office is going to change course with any plans regarding Lynch based upon what does or doesn't happen in Denver.

Even if Lynch were in camp this past week, he would have seen little to no playing time against the Broncos next week.

I usually respect your opinions, but this one is a little out there.

This is from a Seattle media point of view and don't kid yourself if we struggle running the ball in Denver the media will run with it and it will put more pressure on the FO . I'm not saying it will force anyone's hand but it could have some effect. It's an NFL game man so the media will have there take after it's over plain and simple right or wrong. Were already seeing Lynch's holdout factored in to the media power rankings . When there's actual game day evidence one way or another there will be fallout.

Since when has this regime allowed the media to pressure them into doing anything?

McG

Reaction score
Who cares opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Now when opinions are written by assholes then they are usually shitty.