Seahawks drafting #1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, top 3, there will likely be some very good trade offers. JS could really load up IF he wanted to. And we know how much he loves to trade down.
Still think they should go DE with that first pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
How do you know this? Are you another couch expert? Half kidding, but I'll go ahead and trust scouts who are paid to do this. By most accounts, Anderson is going to be a hell of a player. As is Carter. It still comes down to the same thing every year: People freaking out if they don't pick who THEY want the Hawks to pick (these guys are clueless, they suck etc) And everyone suddenly becoming draft experts before every draft. I'd be plenty happy with either of those guys.
Like the Scouts that said Aaron Curry was an elite LB?

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Chicago could take Carter at 2… we need them to win one of their last 2 games. Definitely a chance with Vikings resting people in the last week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was talking about that with a friend yesterday. They could get both. That would be insane. In a good way.

Reactions: bbq

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With that early pick, they HAVE TO get a stud D Lineman. I wouldn't have a problem if they grabbed a QB later, but with that first pick? No thx

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I'm starting to like the idea of trading down with a qb needy team and selecting some combination involving Bryan Bresee/Myles Murphy and Siaki Ika/T'Vondre Sweat.

Spohawks

Reaction score
All I know is this.
If we pick a QB first I’m gunna be a pissed off Seahawk fan.
Free agency starts March 17th. If the Hawks don't franchise Geno or give him a contract by than, he is gone and that first pick will be a QB.

The percentage chance goes waaaay down of an early QB if there is a contract in place.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point on the timing of Free Agency. A little over a month of free agency before the draft. That can change draft plans drastically.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Free agency starts March 17th. If the Hawks don't franchise Geno or give him a contract by than, he is gone and that first pick will be a QB.

The percentage chance goes waaaay down of an early QB if there is a contract in place.
This certainly is a possibility, I don’t think it’s an automatic.
Hopefully we don’t end up in that position.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Carter did not impress me against OSU. He was manhandled by their O-line all game. Yes, they held a lot, but that will happen in the pro's as well.

I am for trading down a bit...maybe getting Murphy and getting more pics in round's 1-2.