Seahawks drafting #1

Rainger

Reaction score
Stranger things have happened. Here is the info of who to cheer for:

PS: The Seahawks have NEVER had the #1 pick in their History.

Last edited:

Polk738

Reaction score
you give john schneider the #1 pick, he's probably trading it.

I'm thinking the same thing, great way to load up on top level picks by trading with a QB needy team, but I do think it's kind of a long shot I'd just be ecstatic to get the second overall pick at this point.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is there a QB that screams number 1 pick? The 2 standout defensive picks are only likely to go that high due to the dearth of genuine top talent.

seabowl

Reaction score
Not going to happen. Also the Chargers very likely will rest their players vs Broncos as they are already in as a WC. It’s also possible that the Colts jump the Broncos and Hawks pick 4th.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not going to happen. Also the Chargers very likely will rest their players vs Broncos as they are already in as a WC. It’s also possible that the Colts jump the Broncos and Hawks pick 4th.
The Chargers could run their practice squad out there and it still would not be a Bronco Guarantee win this season. The team is beat up and now playing for a job next year, somewhere at least. They are going to do a roster churn on offense for many pieces. So players playing as individuals and not a team.

GemCity

Reaction score
I expect the Broncos to beat the Chargers for this reason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With the season being 17 games, if a team can't improve their playoff seeding? Why not rest a bunch of guys? There will probably be a few teams that rest a bunch of starters in week 18.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Only if they’re secure in seeding.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
With the season being 17 games, if a team can't improve their playoff seeding? Why not rest a bunch of guys? There will probably be a few teams that rest a bunch of starters in week 18.
I have seen plenty of teams rest their starters before going into the playoffs and be flat for the playoff game especially if they also have a 1st rd bye

Ozzy

Reaction score
Is there a QB that screams number 1 pick? The 2 standout defensive picks are only likely to go that high due to the dearth of genuine top talent.
I’m pretty high on Bryce Young. KJ Wright said if he was available he’d take him over any defensive player

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m pretty high on Bryce Young. KJ Wright said if he was available he’d take him over any defensive player
I heard Pete likes him too but Jalen Carter is a game wrecker and too good to pass up if available. I would also take Will Anderson in a heartbeat if available at 3 over any quarterback in the draft. 24’ is the year of the quarterback draft and supposed to be incredibly deep.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I heard Pete likes him too but Jalen Carter is a game wrecker and too good to pass up if available. I would also take Will Anderson in a heartbeat if available at 3 over any quarterback in the draft. 24’ is the year of the quarterback draft and supposed to be incredibly deep.
That's what most people were saying last year about the '23 draft.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I am not sold on Will Anderson.

I feel he gets sacks and TFL mainly off of stunts and a single move hand fighting technique.

Basically, Anderson, is often unblocked or he wins by pure speed and maybe bad technique by the offensive lineman.

Watched a lot of his film and his few moves in his canvas is very worrisome.

I’d grab Jalen Carter automatically. Like run to the podium and call Carter’s name.

Carter, to me, has the biggest first day impact and will make an immediately difference that the team can build around for the next decade.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I am not sold on Will Anderson.

I feel he gets sacks and TFL mainly off of stunts and a single move hand fighting technique.

Basically, Anderson, is often unblocked or he wins by pure speed and maybe bad technique by the offensive lineman.

Watched a lot of his film and his few moves in his canvas is very worrisome.

I’d grab Jalen Carter automatically. Like run to the podium and call Carter’s name.

Carter, to me, has the biggest first day impact and will make an immediately difference that the team can build around for the next decade.
With you on that. Will Anderson has "good" NFL player written all over him, but not "great". He's not gonna be Von Miller or Khalil Mack or Micah Parsons. Could be Bruce Irvin.

Jalen Carter has a shot to be a Tez or Donald level talent, a game-wrecker.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How do you know this? Are you another couch expert? Half kidding, but I'll go ahead and trust scouts who are paid to do this. By most accounts, Anderson is going to be a hell of a player. As is Carter. It still comes down to the same thing every year: People freaking out if they don't pick who THEY want the Hawks to pick (these guys are clueless, they suck etc) And everyone suddenly becoming draft experts before every draft. I'd be plenty happy with either of those guys.

morgulon1

Reaction score
How do you know this? Are you another couch expert? Half kidding, but I'll go ahead and trust scouts who are paid to do this. By most accounts, Anderson is going to be a hell of a player. As is Carter. It still comes down to the same thing every year: People freaking out if they don't pick who THEY want the Hawks to pick (these guys are clueless, they suck etc) And everyone suddenly becoming draft experts before every draft. I'd be plenty happy with either of those guys.
We're ALL draft experts on here . 😂
Just saying who we 'think" Seattle should take. Don't people know by now that they'll do something completely weird and unexpected. Hopefully it works out for them.

I'd like Carter BTW. Interior game wrecker from the SEC.. shit man.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
If we got first overall pic ( we never have before) I’d love to trade it down.