Seahawks could renegotiate with Lynch without losing face

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The reason Lynch wants to renegotiate is because he understands it may be his last year. He wants to collect all he can this year as he knows he will likely not be here next year. I understand his stance and also sees the team's stance too. Hopefully they can work something out that's deemed fair for both sides.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21t1ni4s said:
The reason Lynch wants to renegotiate is because he understands it may be his last year. He wants to collect all he can this year as he knows he will likely not be here next year. I understand his stance and also sees the team's stance too. Hopefully they can work something out that's deemed fair for both sides.

The following suggestion is likely too simple to actually be feasible, but:

Since the Hawks have committed to a certain level of guaranteed money, can they roll more guaranteed money slated for 15 into 14? Wouldn't this reduce any cap hit next year, essentially making Lynch a free agent in 2015? I love the production RB's in the last year of their deals typically enjoy. Running for the money, remove '15 liability.

Since everyone including Lynch seems to see the writing on the wall, let's give him a great swan song.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I understand Marshawn isn't a public type of guy. But you want extra money? I'm sure there are thousands of sponsorship opportunities just knocking at his door that would pay way more than his salary. Hell I think he gets paid at least $100k for a few hours of autograph signing. Want more money, Bout That Action Boss...speak to the media, do interviews, do commercials, pretty much what every other professional athlete does to get paid.