Seahawks 4th cheapest in Offensive Line

Mizak

Reaction score

Steelers are the cheapest when it comes to offensive line.

got it from an SBNation article:

toffee

Reaction score

Steelers are the cheapest when it comes to offensive line.

got it from an SBNation article:

I think Big Ben get rid of the ball very quickly as his OL only provided 2.1sec of pocket time compare to Russ's 2.4 seconds. But Big Ben only suffered 18.6% pressure/drawback which is 4th lowest, while Russ was 27%, 28th in the league or 6th highest.

Our OL is young, very young. If our youngsters perform to their potential, we may have one of the highest pay OL in a few years. Our OL may get cheaper if we release Jackson.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Any body wanna take a swing at predicting who the underpayed starting O-Line will be?
LT Cross
LG Stone Cold 4sythe
C ?
RG Curhan
RT The WSU Rookie

4 tackles and a center works for me. Using so called real guards didn't do much last year.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Any body wanna take a swing at predicting who the underpayed starting O-Line will be?
LT Cross
LG Stone Cold 4sythe
C ?
RG Curhan
RT The WSU Rookie

4 tackles and a center works for me. Using so called real guards didn't do much last year.

LT - Cross
LG - Lewis
C -Blythe
RG - Curhan
RT - Lucas

Spohawks

Reaction score
My dream is that in the first 2 rounds next year the Seahawks draft the best Center and Left Guard and just let these guys have the greatest 10 year offensive line run of all time!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they just drafted two Tackles, of course the average salary is gonna' be lower. Give em a chance, they likely will take some lumps this year, but should be solid moving forward.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
LT Cross
LG Stone Cold 4sythe
C ?
RG Curhan
RT The WSU Rookie

Yikes. I hope it's not this. We'd be doing a huge disservice to the rookie tackles playing 2nd year, inexperienced tackles at guard next to them.

I think we'll see improvements out of our guards in the passing game (or at least we'll blame them less for the sacks the QB take.)

If I had to guess:
LT - Cross
LG - Lewis
C - Blythe
RG - Jackson
RT - Lucas

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Lewis is a promising prospect. I hope he takes a step forward this year and becomes a great Guard for Seattle.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Elite teams save money on the oline. You can get a good online with 2-7th rounders and free agents.
Rams 25th
Packers 27th
Titans 20th
Chiefs 17th

TraderGary

Reaction score
Yikes. I hope it's not this. We'd be doing a huge disservice to the rookie tackles playing 2nd year, inexperienced tackles at guard next to them.

I think we'll see improvements out of our guards in the passing game (or at least we'll blame them less for the sacks the QB take.)

If I had to guess:
LT - Cross
LG - Lewis
C - Blythe
RG - Jackson
RT - Lucas

I believe that will be the starting five, although I would love to see them move Lewis back to RG where he excelled as a rookie. Had a rough go of it last year at LG.

toffee

Reaction score
A line of the following would be intriguing:

LT - Cross
LG - Haynes
C - Blythe
RG - Lewis
RT - Lucas

Haynes is hard to predict, he did good last season when he played, but he has spend more time injured than played in past seasons.

Chapow

Reaction score
My dream is that in the first 2 rounds next year the Seahawks draft the best Center and Left Guard and just let these guys have the greatest 10 year offensive line run of all time!

That's a nice dream, but the reality is that if these guys all work out, you're going to have to pay them at some point. Probably can't afford to pay a top LT, a top LG, a top C, and a top RT all at the same time without huge sacrifices in other areas.

Spohawks

Reaction score
That's a nice dream, but the reality is that if these guys all work out, you're going to have to pay them at some point. Probably can't afford to pay a top LT, a top LG, a top C, and a top RT all at the same time without huge sacrifices in other areas.
True! So my dream has changed for a sweet 5 year run while they are on rookie deals.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I like Lewis staying at Left Guard. He is now a veteran and can be a leader of that unit, especially when working with our rookie Left Tackle Cross, at one of the most important jobs of the offensive line...Blind Side Protection!

Lewis would probably prefer to play the Right Guard position, but that position is the biggest question mark to me. We want Lucas to start at Right Tackle, but having Curhan at Right Guard would be a great option. Jackson has been good... but "promoting from within" with a very deserving young player might be better for the salary cap and team morale. Maybe Jackson should start the season with the youngsters Curhan and Haynes working to compete their way in.

I am really hoping that this group will be a new and different version of the "Legion of Boom". That group came together through the draft and came to trust each other as professionals and friends...I think this group could develop the same type of attitude...tough playing team-mates.

Latest posts