Seahawks -1 underdogs vs SF for Thanksgiving

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1afcla63 said:
One nice thing as well is that the 9-2 Cardinals are only favored by 1.5 or 2 points (depending on the book) at 4-7 Atlanta on Sunday. That game could be a great sweat for us if we find a way to win on Thursday. The NFC South being in complete shambles may help us, since 4-7 Atlanta is still right there in the division title race and has plenty to play for.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1661/larry-fitzgerald

Larry Fitzgerald in danger of missing Week 13

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Just stating the obvious... if the Seahawks win Thursday, it isn't a win in San Francisco. The game is being played in Santa Clara. (Yes, this is lame, and the team should change their name, to the South Bay 49ers.)

HawkerD

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2mea7ewn said:
Just stating the obvious... if the Seahawks win Thursday, it isn't a win in San Francisco. The game is being played in Santa Clara. (Yes, this is lame, and the team should change their name, to the South Bay 49ers.)

Should the Jets and Giants change their name to the East Rutherford Jets/Giants? Should the Cowboys become the Arlington Cowboys? The list goes on...

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkerD":j35izp9z said:
BocciHawk":j35izp9z said:

Should the Jets and Giants change their name to the East Rutherford Jets/Giants? Should the Cowboys become the Arlington Cowboys? The list goes on...

I'd like to thank a 'hawk fan for pointing out this obvious fact.

By that logic I guess we should have the Foxboro Patriots as well. Hell, We have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers in the league. Problem, there are no such places as Tampa Bay (its called Tampa) or Carolina (there is a North Carolina and a South Carolina, but there is no Carolina).

Canuck49

Reaction score
Niners fan here, Harbaugh just revealed that Anthony Davis is still suffering post-concussion symptoms. Which means John Martin will likely start at right tackle. That;s a nightmare for us with him going against Avril.
Also, looks like our nose tackle Dorsey is still sidelined. That makes the belly soft for Lynch.
Defence has been remarkable considering the injuries and suspensions it has dealt with. But it mostly excels in the nickel. Against you guys we will likely be in a lot of base personnel. So the loss at the nose could really hurt this week.
Looking forward to a good game. We need to beat you guys to stay alive. I'm not confident on winning in your stadium at all with the way our offence has played. Hoping Aldon's return, and the emergence of the rookie Lynch as a pass rusher, can contain and pressure Wilson. Rough season on the injury front for both squads. Hope everyone makes it through this one okay.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3a1dmvkd said:
Sgt. Largent":3a1dmvkd said:
I read that Pete Carroll has yet to win a game in San Francisco.

Luckily this game's being played in Santa Clara.

You better check those stats Jimmy. Are you saying as coach of then Trojans he never one a game in San Fran?

Who the hell plays in San Francisco from the PAC 12? Bears and Cardinal dont

kmedic

Reaction score
I just get a sinking feeling that the refs are gonna job us somehow this week. It just seems like we have gotten no breaks with the refs this season. I expect a critical call or non-call to go against the Hawks this Thursday.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":nxmbygzl said:
HawkerD":nxmbygzl said:
BocciHawk":nxmbygzl said:

By that logic I guess we should have the Foxboro Patriots as well. Hell, We have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers in the league. Problem, there are no such places as Tampa Bay (its called Tampa) or Carolina (there is a North Carolina and a South Carolina, but there is no Carolina).
Regarding home field advantage -- Personally, I've always thought that it was the fans that created the noise, not the stadium. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":9t9o0g9y said:
therealjohncarlson":9t9o0g9y said:
Sgt. Largent":9t9o0g9y said:
I read that Pete Carroll has yet to win a game in San Francisco.

Luckily this game's being played in Santa Clara.

You better check those stats Jimmy. Are you saying as coach of then Trojans he never one a game in San Fran?

Who the hell plays in San Francisco from the PAC 12? Bears and Cardinal dont

Carroll coached the Trojans in the 2009 Emerald Bowl, which was played at Candlestick.

So technically I was wrong, but considering these guys knew what I was referring to with my joke, they still couldn't let it go. That's just how some posters are, the d-bag urge is just too strong sometimes to override just being cool to people and letting shit go.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Marvin49":2cig0hhg said:
HawkerD":2cig0hhg said:
BocciHawk":2cig0hhg said:

Not entirely sure why my Seahawk brethren/sports radio guys find the Santa Clara thing to be such a slam, but they sure do.

I can't stand the niners any more than the next guy, but why is constantly referring to them as Santa Clara a thing? Who cares?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawkpower":przesy1l said:
Not entirely sure why my Seahawk brethren/sports radio guys find the Santa Clara thing to be such a slam, but they sure do.

I can't stand the niners any more than the next guy, but why is constantly referring to them as Santa Clara a thing? Who cares?

I have no idea either.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Because they play in Santa Clara? It's just a thing people like poking fun at, like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Anthony Davis's health is a really big deal. I'm sure everybody will be looking closely to see whether he can participate tomorrow because Martin is a softer version of Garry Gilliam. The line is still at -1 as of tonight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AgentDib":2h9z844c said:
Because they play in Santa Clara? It's just a thing people like poking fun at, like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Anthony Davis's health is a really big deal. I'm sure everybody will be looking closely to see whether he can participate tomorrow because Martin is a softer version of Garry Gilliam. The line is still at -1 as of tonight.

Right. Except that playing in a city a few miles from your namesake isnt that uncommon. Or weird. And certainly not worth the frothy mouth passion that a lot of "12's" throw behind it.

Heaven help us if our next stadium has a burien zipcode. The audacity. :D

Giedi

Reaction score
kmedic":hilctizg said:
I just get a sinking feeling that the refs are gonna job us somehow this week. It just seems like we have gotten no breaks with the refs this season. I expect a critical call or non-call to go against the Hawks this Thursday.
I would't sweat it. The refs hate the 49ers as much they do your team. Plus the 49er fans aren't as intimidating as the 12's. 8)