Seahawk Future QB, Jalon Daniels

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I've been wanting to post about this kid for a long time. After all, he's playing for Kansas. Kansas has been one of the worst teams in FBS for a decade. But they are on their way up that ladder starting this season at 3-0 in no small part due to the play of their QB. He can run, he can throw, and his head is attached firmly and straight. He is a QB perfectly fit for what Seattle wants out of a QB. Not the flashiest guy you might see but he knows how to get the job done right.
The only problem is that he's just a junior this year. Of course that means he'll have another year to keep improving to be even better. Jalon Daniels is a keeper and one we should make a place for on the Seahawk roster.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I've been wanting to post about this kid for a long time. After all, he's playing for Kansas. Kansas has been one of the worst teams in FBS for a decade. But they are on their way up that ladder starting this season at 3-0 in no small part due to the play of their QB. He can run, he can throw, and his head is attached firmly and straight. He is a QB perfectly fit for what Seattle wants out of a QB. Not the flashiest guy you might see but he knows how to get the job done right.
The only problem is that he's just a junior this year. Of course that means he'll have another year to keep improving to be even better. Jalon Daniels is a keeper and one we should make a place for on the Seahawk roster.
If he's a junior, doesn't that make him eligible for the '23 draft?

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score

12AngryHawks; "If he's a junior, doesn't that make him eligible for the '23 draft?"

I'm not sure about the exact details but I think he is eligible to dip his toe in the pool to gather info, meet and work out with teams, and if unsatisfied can, by a certain date, return to school for his senior year. Since he signed as a 17 yr old he is young. He is an extremely coachable individual.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

12AngryHawks; "If he's a junior, doesn't that make him eligible for the '23 draft?"

I'm not sure about the exact details but I think he is eligible to dip his toe in the pool to gather info, meet and work out with teams, and if unsatisfied can, by a certain date, return to school for his senior year. Since he signed as a 17 yr old he is young. He is an extremely coachable individual.
I believe the rules is, you have to be 3 years removed from high school to be draft eligible.

You're right, he is young, he won't be 20 until late Oct/early Nov. So I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed another year.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score

Advancing into conference play it's not easy to look at their remaining schedule and pick two games they could, or should win in order to become bowl eligible. But with Daniels at the helm all opponents must rethink their idea that playing Kansas will be an automatic win. He is for real and is now getting national acclaim as one of the best quarterbacks in the country.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He played well again today versus Duke. 19/23 for 324 yds, 4Tds, QBR 97.3 as well as 11 carries for 83 yds and 1TD
Kansas earned the "W" and is 4-0

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Since regaining the starting position late last year he has played 7 games and has improved each time out. I don't know what his ceiling is but he is setting a very high bar to top every time out, then somehow does it! Unbelievably infectious positive attitude and exudes the ultimate in competitive spirit. I can't even imagine a better fit for a Pete Carrol led culture and system. His decision making ability is quick and off the charts high quality and his personal character matches the quality of his play. Top shelf!

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Jalon Daniels had a slow start but wound up shattering a long list of all time Liberty bowl and ncaa records yesterday. I am totally convinced he is the perfect candidate to be Seahawks choice of QB for the long term. Oh, interesting to note that a couple of those records were held by none other than Drew Lock in 2018 (?) while he was playing for Missouri.