Schedule looking better by the day

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
vs. TEN- No Locker
@ STL- Looking much better than it did pre-season
vs. TB- No Freeman
@ ATL- at 1-4 with Julio Jones possible done for season
vs. MIN- at 1-3 who is their quarterback anyway?
@ NYG- 0-5 off to the worst start in history, giving up 35+ per game

The rest of the games seem to be about what most would have expected. NO strength a little surprising perhaps, but we get them at home.

Feeling very optimistic despite our few obvious issues.

C-Dub

Reaction score
There's really only 2 games I'm really worried about now. @SF and NO and they are back-to-back. CANNOT go 0-2 during that stretch.

Tenn - not a real threat, ok defense, should be a blowout
@AZ - short rest Thursday game, division game, not to take for granted...but they look like shit.
@STL - division game, not to take for granted...but they look like shit.
TB - the team is imploding, should be a blowout
@ATL - Julio out for season?, White hurting bad, RB woes, defense looking soft, road game in a dome
Minn - they suck, blowout
@NYG - hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
AZ - division game, not to take for granted...but they look like shit.
STL - division game, not to take for granted...but they look like shit.

Edit: Atlanta is better than what they are, but they are a team that looks like they've given up hope. This is a great week for a bye for them, but until a see a spark from them, I'm not worried.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
No road game is an easy win.

And all those easy games aren't going to get us a lot of respect. The Houston, Indy, and New Orleans games will say far more about us.

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
I skipped a few games because those all still seem to be what I expect them to be. Arizona has a good defense and that is about it.

Those other six games are all shaping up to be much friendlier than I expected going into the season.

Polaris

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, of all the games we have to play in the next four weeks, it's @Arizona that worries me the most. That's a THURs game, on the road (always hard for the road team) against a team that has a stout defense (whatever their offense looks like) and frankly seems to have our number when we play there.

rsm650

Reaction score
Inb4 someone says we should only look at next week. From a fan's point of view (I certainly hope our players don't think too far ahead), I could see us losing most (okay, worst case scenario) of those road games if we still aren't at full strength *knock on wood.*

Home games are likely to be a sweep for us. @AZ worries me because they have a good defense like W1 Carolina. @STL might look weak but big fluke plays might cost us the game like Indy. @ATL just lost their big weapon Julio so I'll have to see how that goes for the Falcons. @SF could definitely go either way since our offense hopefully should be clicking by then, but they also have injuries to their receivers who are getting healthy. They also shut down Schaub which looks good for their D. @NYG...if Whitehurst could do it (+Browner), Wilson should be able to do it.

Damnit why couldn't we play the Steelers this year here at Heinz Field :snack:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
All home games should be a given. NO could be tough but you can't not favor us at home.

All road games are suspect. I'm done thinking we are a "bad road team", but any team has a disadvantage on the road that could even the odds against team you should otherwise beat.

I just can't believe that the Giants are this horrible; I have a hard time understanding how they could fall so fast. Same with the Falcons.

When we play the 49ers in their house we will find out how much of the last two games against them has been we 12s losing our S int he stands and how much is our team just having them figured out. 71-16. I can't think that the 12th man gives a 4 touchdown advantage to us. There has to be something more to our dominance of them the last two meetings.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":qw3c4xot said:
Didn't Arizona win Sunday?
Yep. The Rams look awful but AZ is not going to be easy, especially in their house.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We lost to the 4-12 Lions and 5-11 Cardinals on the road last season. Have to keep that in perspective. No gimmes in the NFL. But I do agree the games @ ATL and NYG certainly look less daunting than they original seemed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
not super worried about AZ to be honest. Palmer isn't doing much but throwing picks. They have no real running game and fitzgerald is their only weapon and he's got 57 yards a game.

Defensively they are above average but are in the back half against the pass.

This is a team we beat twice if we just win the turnover battle.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1rqhin8h said:

And all those easy games aren't going to get us a lot of respect. The Houston, Indy, and New Orleans games will say far more about us.

I don't give a teeny tiny damn about respect. I care about the #1 seed and a path to the SB that's tilted more in our favor. :mrgreen:

andyh64000

Reaction score
volsunghawk":bcgoxmc1 said:
MontanaHawk05":bcgoxmc1 said:

I don't give a teeny tiny damn about respect. I care about the #1 seed and a path to the SB that's tilted more in our favor. :mrgreen:

I think the Saints will go 13-3 (including a loss to us) so we probably need to win 5 road games to get the #1 seed. We have two so far which means any 3 of @az, @stl, @nyg, @atl, and @sfo...probably in that order of difficulty. Had we pulled it out against Indy this past weekend the #1 seed would have almost been a lock.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":17dk5iqi said:
We lost to the 4-12 Lions and 5-11 Cardinals on the road last season. Have to keep that in perspective. No gimmes in the NFL. But I do agree the games @ ATL and NYG certainly look less daunting than they original seemed.

^^

OP
OP
SonomaHawk

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":3kfricmr said:
so we probably need to win 5 road games to get the #1 seed. We have two so far which means any 3 of @az, @stl, @nyg, @atl, and @sfo...probably in that order of difficulty. Had we pulled it out against Indy this past weekend the #1 seed would have almost been a lock.

Here is how I'd rank our 5 remaining road games in terms of difficulty:

#1: @SFO- no question
#2: @AZ- short week, tough defense, will still be missing 2 of starting OL still
#3: @ATL- they have talent, will cause some problems, but without Julio I'm not scared
#4: @NYG- they are really, really bad. Their O line is awful, we will eat them up, if this wasn't 10am game, it would be #5
#5: @STL- if it weren't a MNF game, I'd put it at #4, but they are not a good team.

nepahawk

Reaction score
SonomaHawk":3daa7h5v said:
vs. TEN- No Locker
@ STL- Looking much better than it did pre-season
vs. TB- No Freeman
@ ATL- at 1-4 with Julio Jones possible done for season
vs. MIN- at 1-3 who is their quarterback anyway?
@ NYG- 0-5 off to the worst start in history, giving up 35+ per game

The rest of the games seem to be about what most would have expected. NO strength a little surprising perhaps, but we get them at home.

Feeling very optimistic despite our few obvious issues.

Freeman is out of Tampa and now with Minnesota. Freeman should help the Vikings but, shouldn't pose a problem for us @ home.

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
Tampa game should be fun for Wilson fans who followed him from NCSU. It shall be named the TOB Bowl.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think 13-3 will lock up home field and I'd say San Fran and ATL seem the most likely candidates for losses. But I have a feeling that there could be a WTF? loss yet in this team and the record will be 12-4. I hope I'm wrong. That Saints game is going to be so huge! Glad it's at home.

Latest posts