Saw the video - I dunno Kaep could bridge for a year

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I saw the video with no e. I thought he looked good -

couple of stutter steps there - so receiver was adjusting to the weak deep ball in a couple cases - BUT

overall i thought it looked like he could carry us until next year's draft.

I know this is heresy - but strictly based on the video - i thought 'why not' -

now, the reason 'why not' is obviously the oppressive, crushing baggage that he brings with him ;)

at least he don't dress like cam ;)

all will be made clear at 2:30pm apparently ;)

flmmkrz

Reaction score
hard not to look okay while just tossing the ball around, hes always had a good arm its the decision making that was suspect. If he can get back to being the old Kaep he's as good as Baker or Goff and people want to trade for those stiffs

Stud

Reaction score
Ugh, some of you need to get over the Kap schtick. He wasn't that good when he last played. He got replaced by Blaine Gabbert for effs sakes because he played so bad. Even when he got his job back he set an NFL recording by passing for 4 yards and taking 5 sacks against the Bears in 2016, a year after his first 2 passes were pick sixes against the Cardinals in 2015. Kap was almost always in the bottom half of the league in a lot of QB statistical categories. Never passed for more than 21 TD's. Now he hasn't played in 6 years and you think he'll still be good?

I'm thinking some of you are just letting your politics get in the way of reality. Then again this is a board based in Seattle where you let a bunch of harmless green hair soy drinkers occupy a couple of blocks 2 years ago, so I shouldn't be surprised.

djb28

Reaction score
I will take anyone who can stand in a pocket and deliver in 3 seconds. I watched Wilson make circles in the backfield only to get sacked long enough.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Stud":2m6n7gnw said:
Ugh, some of you need to get over the Kap schtick. He wasn't that good when he last played. He got replaced by Blaine Gabbert for effs sakes because he played so bad. Even when he got his job back he set an NFL recording by passing for 4 yards and taking 5 sacks against the Bears in 2016, a year after his first 2 passes were pick sixes against the Cardinals in 2015. Kap was almost always in the bottom half of the league in a lot of QB statistical categories. Never passed for more than 21 TD's. Now he hasn't played in 6 years and you think he'll still be good?

I'm thinking some of you are just letting your politics get in the way of reality. Then again this is a board based in Seattle where you let a bunch of harmless green hair soy drinkers occupy a couple of blocks 2 years ago, so I shouldn't be surprised.

And then strangely didn't want Watson here.......

Seattle politics apparently can change with the wind :)

But back on topic, agreed 100% I mean I dont care if they try him out or whatever, but I don't see why those advocating for him arent also advocating for Gabbert/etc.

Chapow

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that Drew Lock and Jacob Eason would look pretty good just tossing the ball around a field too.

Doesn't mean much though because tossing a ball around a field is nothing like playing in an actual NFL game against NFL defenses.

Chapow

Reaction score
Stud":p5qls8d7 said:

Also, this.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Stud":2dqi5hjh said:

There is no room for logic and truth here

94Smith

Reaction score
49er fan (obviously) . I think a lot of the issues with Kap in 2015 was injury related and playing on a terrible team that led to the replacement by Gabbert. His body looked like a shell of its former self in training camp 2016. I think you could do a lot worse than Kap. Should come cheap. Seattle is the place to do it if any, but the baggage would be huge. I think he would be more fun to watch than Lock.

Rat

Reaction score
If he is willing to sign a reasonable contract to compete for the job (no promises of being the starter), I'd be very happy with that. I'm guessing he's not though.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
94Smith":20tclqxn said:
49er fan (obviously) . I think a lot of the issues with Kap in 2015 was injury related and playing on a terrible team that led to the replacement by Gabbert. His body looked like a shell of its former self in training camp 2016. I think you could do a lot worse than Kap. Should come cheap. Seattle is the place to do it if any, but the baggage would be huge. I think he would be more fun to watch than Lock.

I saw keeps last game against the hawks. It was 23-27 hawks if I recall, but the issue now is that it was 1/1/2017.

I don’t see anything wrong with bringing him in at this point, but he hasn’t played since then.

JPatera76

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":oukptue3 said:
94Smith":oukptue3 said:

I saw keeps last game against the hawks. It was 23-27 hawks if I recall, but the issue now is that it was 1/1/2017.

I don’t see anything wrong with bringing him in at this point, but he hasn’t played since then.

i dont mind seeing them bring him in and look un the rocks and dig up people and try them out doesnt hurt.

94Smith

Reaction score
Strictly football speaking, people always say that Kaep sucked and got beat out by Blaine Gabbert. And he did in 2015 and early 2016 perform pretty bad.

If you look at photos from training camp 2016 he was in bad physical condition as surgeries had taken a lot out of him

https://ninernoise.com/2016/06/19/c...rs-qb-has-the-most-to-prove-in-training-camp/

Play improved the last quarter of the season when I think his body was finally taking form. If you look at the QBR from the last 4 games it was pretty good and completion percentage was up. Of course this whole season was the kneeling season, Lynch and Shanahan get signed the following season and the rest is history.

People take the narrative that he sucks based on 2015 and 2016 which isnt fair because he had 3 injuries and several surgeries.

Media storm and fan disapproval yes though.

94Smith

Reaction score
Strictly football speaking, people always say that Kaep sucked and got beat out by Blaine Gabbert. And he did in 2015 and early 2016 perform pretty bad.

If you look at photos from training camp 2016 he was in bad physical condition as surgeries had taken a lot out of him

https://ninernoise.com/files/2016/06/colin-kaepernick-nfl-san-francisco-49ers-minicamp.jpg

Play improved the last quarter of the season when I think his body was finally taking form. If you look at the QBR from the last 4 games it was pretty good and completion percentage was up. Of course this whole season was the kneeling season, Lynch and Shanahan get signed the following season and the rest is history.

People take the narrative that he sucks based on 2015 and 2016 which isnt fair because he had 3 injuries and several surgeries.

Media storm and fan disapproval yes though.

chris98251

Reaction score
George Blanda had not played QB in 20 years but QB'd the Raiders to wins and kicked field goals. It can happen.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Quit your job-call the company slave owners-complain about not getting an interview.....???

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would like to re-iterate from the locked Kaepernick thread that if he still has the athletic ability, the arm, and the mindset to perform at a Professional level then get him into camp and see what he can do, let him compete for a roster spot.

While this might turn off some fans as stated in previous threads, I hardly suspect the players feel the same way some people do, and that Kaep could not only galvanize but distract a team from all the questions being asked after Wilson was traded. As well as, someone who might be a decent mentor for Willis/Ridder type of QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
You don't 'suck' as a qb and take your team to the superbowl and nfccg in back to back years.

As has been said, his worst year was impacted by injuries. After that, he began to improve and was at minimum average at the point in his recovery when he was sacked by the FO.

He's no world beater, but he didn't suck. Woukd rather kick the tires and see what he might do in camp, than waste time on Mayfield.

HawkinNY

Reaction score

Haha