OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
volsunghawk":j7jrsjj9 said:
mbtitleist":j7jrsjj9 said:
JSeahawks":j7jrsjj9 said:
Cal is playing a team from the best college football state in the Union. What do you expect?

Are we forgetting Oregon State's loss to a Washington FCS school last week?

Must be all those championships that's got J saying that.

Oh you'll get yours this Saturday my volunteer friend. This ain't some rinky dink little sec team you're playing this week!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1n78jtzc said:
volsunghawk":1n78jtzc said:
JSeahawks":1n78jtzc said:
Cal is playing a team from the best college football state in the Union. What do you expect?

Oh you'll get yours this Saturday my volunteer friend. This ain't some rinky dink little sec team you're playing this week!

You know damn well I'm no Tennessee fan. :thfight7:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2mdx7y4a said:
JSeahawks":2mdx7y4a said:
volsunghawk":2mdx7y4a said:

You know damn well I'm no Tennessee fan. :thfight7:

Actually I think I got you confused with VolHawk. My bad!

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3e4o4shc said:

Haha. Is this like Oregons cute little counter punch. Beat a down SEC team every few years to help take the sting off of losing their national respect in big games against Auburn and LSU? Whatever, nobody in the SEC is worried about Tennessee. They are a low hanging fruit team in our conference.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Have to agree, talking smack about UT ( who's fans have been great btw) is like bama talking crap about beating CU.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Confused how losing a national championship game on a last second field goal results in Oregon losing their national respect.

I'm sure you will enlighten me though.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
seahawk2k":w4793ixq said:
Confused how losing a national championship game on a last second field goal results in Oregon losing their national respect.

Why does how much you lose by matter? Losing is losing. Winning is winning. How much you win or lose by means nothing. It doesn't change the FACT that you won or lost. Maybe you feel differently.

Oregon choked throughout that game. They should have beat Auburn. Choking like they did versus LSU and Auburn lost them respect. Elite level programs (like UO proclaims themselves to be), don't choke like that. (BTW, before you talk about UW, let me just say that I've never said UW is an elite level program, like Oregon fans say UO is. Elite level programs don't choke like that.)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":2gd7xbxo said:
seahawk2k":2gd7xbxo said:

Why does how much you lose by matter? Losing is losing. Winning is winning. How much you win or lose by means nothing. It doesn't change the FACT that you won or lost. Maybe you feel differently.

Oregon choked throughout that game. They should have beat Auburn. Choking like they did versus LSU and Auburn lost them respect. Elite level programs (like UO proclaims themselves to be), don't choke like that. (BTW, before you talk about UW, let me just say that I've never said UW is an elite level program, like Oregon fans say UO is. Elite level programs don't choke like that.)

I hate myself for taking your bait again, but what the hell.

Sometimes you lose football games. It doesn't mean you choked. Auburn was a 3 point favorite, and they beat us by three points. Nick Fairley dominated that game.

I am really curious who you would consider the current elite football programs though?

Clearly Alabama is THE elite program of this era. But then, they "choked" a game against A&M last year, so maybe they're not elite either? If you look past them there is nobody who has a better resume in the last 5 years then Oregon and LSU. (LSU has a title, but Oregon has been to more BCS games). If youre the 2nd or 3rd best program in a five year span, I would consider that pretty elite whether you've won a Championship or not.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Dammit JSeahawks, I got the kid blocked so I don't lunge for that carrot that he dangles in front of everyone and then he ropes you in. Add another five pages to this thread.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":15ht7p99 said:
Dammit JSeahawks, I got the kid blocked so I don't lunge for that carrot that he dangles in front of everyone and then he ropes you in. Add another five pages to this thread.

I know, I fall for it every time, but I cant help myself.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ie61alj5 said:
Dawgs0":ie61alj5 said:
seahawk2k":ie61alj5 said:

I hate myself for taking your bait again, but what the hell.

Sometimes you lose football games. It doesn't mean you choked. Auburn was a 3 point favorite, and they beat us by three points. Nick Fairley dominated that game.

I am really curious who you would consider the current elite football programs though?

Clearly Alabama is THE elite program of this era. But then, they "choked" a game against A&M last year, so maybe they're not elite either? If you look past them there is nobody who has a better resume in the last 5 years then Oregon and LSU. (LSU has a title, but Oregon has been to more BCS games). If youre the 2nd or 3rd best program in a five year span, I would consider that pretty elite whether you've won a Championship or not.

Choking can mean many things. Choking can be when you play better than another team, but you fail to win. That's what happened in that game. Oregon played better than Auburn and they should have won, but Chip Kelly and Oregon choked. There's no other way to say it. Your team choked.

Of course, when a team loses it doesn't mean they choked. That's obvious. But watching that game, it was easy to see Oregon should have won. They just choked. No other way to say it.

What do you consider this era? IMO, any team that has won a recent National Championship is automatically a better program than Oregon. That is the ultimate prize. That includes a lot of SEC teams. IMO, the point of college football is ""Natty" (like Oregon fans call it) or bust". Alabama, USC (don't care if it's vacated), Texas, Florida, and LSU over the last 10 years have had a better run than Oregon, due to each of their national titles. Their failures outside of those titles matter less, because of their ability to bring the title home, which Oregon has failed to do.

Then you could debate programs like Stanford, who have beaten Oregon and knocked them out of the "Natty" race and have had similar success, in terms of BCS wins. Teams like Oklahoma and Ohio State and Florida State, who haven't won anything, but have had success in their leagues. If you consider this era the last ten years, you could look at USC under Pete, as they had an extremely dominant run.

You can prop up Oregon's PAC 12 wins, in what has been a weak PAC 12 over the last couple years, but when you continuously choke on the national stage (especially against elite SEC opponents) as a program, like Stoned Cold said, you lose credibility as a program. You lose national respect. You lose the opportunity to be called an elite program. Elite programs beat everybody. They don't choke as often as Oregon does.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2imnn2vb said:
JSeahawks":2imnn2vb said:

Haha. Is this like Oregons cute little counter punch. Beat a down SEC team every few years to help take the sting off of losing their national respect in big games against Auburn and LSU? Whatever, nobody in the SEC is worried about Tennessee. They are a low hanging fruit team in our conference.

Nice pic at the walmart with the trophy, which one is you stonecold?

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse ... 070812.jpg

Latest posts