Saturday, 9/7 Football thread.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I really want to pull for the Cougs. But at the same time I want Kiffin to remain the head coach down there in LA for a long time. Losing at home to WSU would not help that goal.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
CPHawk":17rd8223 said:
pehawk":17rd8223 said:
(sigh)

It's a duck thread until that games over. At least they played a BCS opponent today, kudos.

Whats up with your Cal Bears, J?

And, who in the hell does the Cougs scheduling? Really? Two weeks on the road against tough opponents?

Funny thing is, this BCS team UO played, would beat the overrated non BCS team UW beat. Oct 12 reality slaps dog fans right in the face, and doche canoe Ed Cunningham.

I expect the ducks to beat the huskies again this year, but I don't agree that UVA would automatically beat BSU. I would say BSU beats UVA 7 out of 10 matchups.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agreed on Clemson. I like Boyd. I haven't nearly enough to offer any NFL-readiness opinion on him. I just like the dude.

ivotuk

Reaction score
T.J. Jones is a warrior. Can't say the same for Atkinson who seems to be allergic to the ball.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Am I in an alternate universe? For the second straight week West Virginia's defense is carrying the offense through the first three quarters of a game.

I'm really hoping Lane Kiffin pulls a classic Lane Kiffin game out tonight. That would be beautiful.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
BYU looking good. Hell of a run by their QB for a TD. I'd love for them to knock off Texas (even though I probably stupidly bought into the Texas hype this year)

cesame

Reaction score
Thomas Tyner is ridiculously explosive for his size. This kid is an easy 1st round talent in a couple years if he stays healthy.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I got more joy out of Texas losing than just about anybody. Hate the way they "play" football and can't stand Mack Brown. Like the way BYU plays, physical and sound.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Van Noy is an SOB man. At least he is if you're a Texas fan. Guy is a monstar.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Virginia. It was ugly. It was strange. Another massive rain/lightning delay, and the field had about a foot of water on it. It completely stopped the running game, but they kept running hurry-up the whole game and never established anything because Robert Anae is Holmgren-esque in his refusal to adjust game plan. Defense played well against Virginia (look at point totals in Virginia's two games, and all of a sudden BYU doesn't look too bad defensively). It was the offense that just flat out sucked and did nothing. They play like a dome team and would probably destroy a lot of teams on turf due to speed on defense and Hill and Williams running speed (which is crazy). Although Lasike is killing Texas too, and he has no speed, just rugby bashing ability.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Connor Halliday is going to drive me to drink...more.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
BYU's QB is a hell of a lot of fun to watch. He's got a 20 pound knee brace on his leg and just about up to 200 yards rushing.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Forgot Cody Hoffman was out last week too. Guy has first round talent at WR whether draftniks want to say so or not. He's got NFL hands and size. Hill now has 3 rushing TD's and is making Texas look silly. Van Noy has at least 5 hurries and a sack. He had 13 sacks last year, and I'm sure he'll eclipse it this year. One reason that Te'o backed out on his BYU commit was that he had a recruiting trip and camped with Van Noy and knew that Kyle was better (not kidding). Manti wanted a GUARANTEE that he'd be a starter as a freshman and Mendenhall said everybody earns their spot. That really made poor Manti mad. Now I see why he was nervous. He would have been second banana. But Van Noy sat out a year due to a really stupid incident and is playing his 4th and will be a higher pick than Manti was.

Latest posts