Saquon Barkley

gowazzu02

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11v37db2 said:
gowazzu02":11v37db2 said:
sdog1981":11v37db2 said:
gowazzu02":11v37db2 said:
Meh poor comparison. Zeke played on ohio state surrounded by nfl guys. Not a fair comparison. Penn St isn't some mothers of the poor school but ohio st they are not.

How is it not fair? They played against the same teams. Zeke put up numbers no matter who he was playing. Barkley disappeared when he played elite talent. That is a major red flag. I will bet you your .net signature that he will not be good in the NFL.

They played against the same teams yes, but they didn't have the same supporting cast.

Im saying Ohio States offensive line of all 5 star top 100 recruits opened bigger holes against top tier competition then Penn States oline of 3 star and 4 star guys.....

Ive never done a .net signature bet don't think i'll start now. But what I will tell you is im in a fantasy football keeper league and my team was absolutely ravished by injuries this year, I finished DFL. I will be picking Barkley with the number 1 overall pick next year. (frankly is much more important to me then my .net sig :))
Interesting take by you..
So you are saying Zeke without a mobile QB and a All-Pro line would not be very good?
Say he was @Penn St instead or on the Hawks would he be a bust?

Bust? no not at all. But we don't know what Zeke is without a top 5 college o-line, mobile running qb system or a Best of the best offensive line. I mean the Cowboys oline is so far above and beyond the second best line, atleast last year...

It's not me bashing Zeke, It's saying he's had every advantage a RB could ask for, he took it and ran with it literally. But just because he played better on bigger stages then Barkley doesn't mean that Barkley will bust either.

WITH ALL THAT said,,,,, my original point.. atleast I think, is that a talent choosing to go to Penn St for football instead of an SEC team, does not automatically make him a bust. Isn't that what we were originally talking about? Big10 backs not translating? Or was it just Penn State??? haha i forget now

IndyHawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1fkipos2 said:
IndyHawk":1fkipos2 said:
gowazzu02":1fkipos2 said:
sdog1981":1fkipos2 said:
How is it not fair? They played against the same teams. Zeke put up numbers no matter who he was playing. Barkley disappeared when he played elite talent. That is a major red flag. I will bet you your .net signature that he will not be good in the NFL.

They played against the same teams yes, but they didn't have the same supporting cast.

Im saying Ohio States offensive line of all 5 star top 100 recruits opened bigger holes against top tier competition then Penn States oline of 3 star and 4 star guys.....

Ive never done a .net signature bet don't think i'll start now. But what I will tell you is im in a fantasy football keeper league and my team was absolutely ravished by injuries this year, I finished DFL. I will be picking Barkley with the number 1 overall pick next year. (frankly is much more important to me then my .net sig :))
So you are saying Zeke without a mobile QB and a All-Pro line would not be very good?

Bust? no not at all. But we don't know what Zeke is without a top 5 college o-line, mobile running qb system or a Best of the best offensive line. I mean the Cowboys oline is so far above and beyond the second best line, atleast last year...

It's not me bashing Zeke, It's saying he's had every advantage a RB could ask for, he took it and ran with it literally. But just because he played better on bigger stages then Barkley doesn't mean that Barkley will bust either.

WITH ALL THAT said,,,,, my original point.. atleast I think, is that a talent choosing to go to Penn St for football instead of an SEC team, does not automatically make him a bust. Isn't that what we were originally talking about? Big10 backs not translating? Or was it just Penn State??? haha i forget now
I didn't start bringing Zeke into this,I just added on to it lol.
My take is Barkley needs an All-Pro line like Zeke to flourish and it is not happening with team(s) such as the Hawks.
I am going by your comparison of the lines they had in school ect..

gowazzu02

Reaction score
IndyHawk":38gdgg34 said:
gowazzu02":38gdgg34 said:
IndyHawk":38gdgg34 said:
gowazzu02":38gdgg34 said:

I didn't start bringing Zeke into this,I just added on to it lol.
My take is Barkley needs an All-Pro line like Zeke to flourish and it is not happening with team(s) such as the Hawks.
I am going by your comparison of the lines they had in school ect..

K I think I figured it out. I went back and read some posts. Long story short. I think Barkleys a stud. Some folks (maybe you? ) said that Penn St running backs suck in the NFL. And some folks (maybe you) pointed to his games against the best competition as proof he'll bust.

Either way, I think the kids got all the measurables and athletic gifts in the world. I don't care that Ki Jana Carter got hurt in the league. Im taking Barkley if he's available. just my opinion of course though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You do what you like but most Rb's that come into the NFL fail and that is reality.
I loved ND's Josh Adams earlier and hoped the Hawks could get him.
I changed my mind fast after watching him checkout early in a game
with a migrane and then acted like Lacey in the following games.
We don't need another Procise or a Lacey.
Is Barkley tough?Does he dish out hits?
We had a Penn State Rb years ago and he was great..Curt Warner

sdog1981

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1l5t6nvf said:
Either way, I think the kids got all the measurables and athletic gifts in the world. Im taking Barkley if he's available. just my opinion of course though.

That makes no sense. The measurables and athletics gifts increase with the level of talent that he plays against. When he played other gifted athletes he looked below average. In the NFL he is going to play against the most gifted athletes. I do not follow your logic.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Had good numbers and most of that was on one run that doesn't happen much in the pros.
Had hardly anything inside the tackles which is what he will see more in the pros.
He looks to be an outside the tackles guy in which you need a great line.
I don't think he will be a fit for the Hawks.
I'm not at all sold on him being very good at the next level.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3pu0agvx said:
Had good numbers and most of that was on one run that doesn't happen much in the pros.
Had hardly anything inside the tackles which is what he will see more in the pros.
He looks to be an outside the tackles guy in which you need a great line.
I don't think he will be a fit for the Hawks.
I'm not at all sold on him being very good at the next level.
James Franklin limited Saquon's snaps in the Fiesta Bowl because he knew that Saquon was going to declare. He was doing the kid a favor. Even the announcers knew this.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":2apmd5jv said:
CPHawk":2apmd5jv said:
sdog1981":2apmd5jv said:
Never trust a running back who played in a spread offense. That rule is only followed by never draft a Penn State running back.

Not a fan of Carlson or Zeke Elliot?

Seriously dude? scroll up and read the conversation and who is Carlson? If you are talking about Chris Carson he has less than 50 NFL carries, so we can pick up that argument in 2020 after he comes back healthy.

That's more sarcasm than meaningful analysis.