Santa Clara 49ers already whining about Superbowl L

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yrwiq5b said:
Marvin49":2yrwiq5b said:
Not sure why Niner fans have to do anything about those facts.

The Cards nearly won one as well. Then again, I've never really been a "we have 5 rings" drumbeat guy anyway. I remember them all and wouldn't give them up for anything, but they have NO relevance to what's going on now.
There fixed it for ya! It's just like this years ring for the Hawks, it has no effect on next years on field results! It's a new and different season.

Why does he think a game that happened nearly 20 years ago would have any relevance?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":kkmfmyyz said:
Sports Hernia":kkmfmyyz said:
Marvin49":kkmfmyyz said:

The Cards nearly won one as well. Then again, I've never really been a "we have 5 rings" drumbeat guy anyway. I remember them all and wouldn't give them up for anything, but they have NO relevance to what's going on now.
There fixed it for ya! It's just like this years ring for the Hawks, it has no effect on next years on field results! It's a new and different season.

Why does he think a game that happened nearly 20 years ago would have any relevance?

Sigh....

I say it has little relevance and the point you guys take from that is that I'm saying it has some relevance.

SMDH. Its a figure of speech. Saying "little relevance" is just a way to say it doesn't matter.

IE, you are arguing grammar. Methinks you are just looking for a reason to argue just about anything.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ycd89fn said:
hawknation2014":1ycd89fn said:
Sports Hernia":1ycd89fn said:
Marvin49":1ycd89fn said:

Sigh....

I say it has little relevance and the point you guys take from that is that I'm saying it has some relevance.

SMDH. Its a figure of speech. Saying "little relevance" is just a way to say it doesn't matter.

IE, you are arguing grammar. Methinks you are just looking for a reason to argue just about anything.
:34853_doh:
Lighten up Francis, you are not always the victim.!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Super Bowl L will be the 21st Anniversary of the 49ers' last Super Bowl win.

Let's drink to that . . .
lets-drink-to-that.gif

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2n4xl39j said:
Super Bowl L will be the 21st Anniversary of the 49ers' last Super Bowl win.

Let's drink to that . . .
lets-drink-to-that.gif
.....and pop in the VHS tape of the game! And maybe we can drop Soundgarden's Superunkown in the CD player while we watch.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I agree with the switch..but that is a sad, sad logo.. looks like a project in a beginning programming class.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Vetamur":ytc2e8iv said:
I agree with the switch..but that is a sad, sad logo.. looks like a project in a beginning programming class.

Agree. Maybe that's just a sample and the actual has not be produced yet.
We can hope right?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The whiners prevail. No more Super Bowl L.

Something about that doesn't sound right.

460x

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":1ogoh99e said:

I actually agree with the change, as well. Not necessarily for any lack of American understanding of the Roman numeral system, but just for design purposes. Having a big "L" as the central part of the logo just wouldn't look all that great, imo.

In addition, it's forward-thinking. The NFL is not likely to die out in the next, say, 40 years. Do we really want to see a Roman numeral logo for Super Bowl LXXXVIII? Sure, there's some fun to be had in the lead up to Super Bowl LIX, but I don't think humor is high on the NFL's list for their premier game.

And yeah, I sincerely hope they alter the logo between now and when the game is played. That effort is weak. I certainly don't have any interest in grabbing the Seahawks' threepeat merch with that ugly thing on it.

EDIT: Well, apparently according to this link, this is a one-year deal. Although, given their rationale, I wouldn't be surprised to see them repeat it 50 more years down the line so they can avoid Super Bowl C.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Weston said her team has been working on the Super Bowl 50 logo since April 2013, having gone through 73 versions. At some point along the way, it was concluded that having the "L" stand alone didn't work.

The league has made two logos for the game, which will take place Feb. 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, the new home of the San Francisco 49ers. Both the national and regional logo feature the "50" in gold, serving to call attention to the game's golden anniversary as well as the game's location in the "Golden State."

And this is the best they could do? That's just sad.

Nfl e sb 50 b1 400x600

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rybiu7c said:
Shadowhawk":1rybiu7c said:
Marvin49":1rybiu7c said:
While I like the Roman numerals...I do think they are going to have to change soon. I actually don't mind the "L", but eventually its gonna be like 8 digits long and nearly impossible to read.

It will only be a handful of digits for several years and won't get to 8 digits until Super Bowl LXXXVIII, which is 40 years from now. The zombies will have overrun us by then anyway.

XLVIII looked great in the logo, but that's just my opinion. :)

Yeah...I just wish they'd stop using the same logo. I hate that they standardized the SB logo.

Completely agree. The standardized Super Bowl logo sucks balls.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":28hnce6m said:
Weston said her team has been working on the Super Bowl 50 logo since April 2013, having gone through 73 versions. At some point along the way, it was concluded that having the "L" stand alone didn't work.

The league has made two logos for the game, which will take place Feb. 7, 2016, at Levi's Stadium, the new home of the San Francisco 49ers. Both the national and regional logo feature the "50" in gold, serving to call attention to the game's golden anniversary as well as the game's location in the "Golden State."

Nfl e sb 50 b1 400x600

Actually...

06 04 2014 super bowl 50 logo skyline

Still has to resemble generic SB Logo

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":2lq6tnmj said:
hawknation2014":2lq6tnmj said:

Nfl e sb 50 b1 400x600

Actually...

06 04 2014 super bowl 50 logo skyline

Still has to resemble generic SB Logo

Both the generic version and the regional version are incredibly weak and outdated.