Santa Clara 49ers Stadium in bad location

ivotuk

Reaction score
They are trying to get out of weekday evening games because of rush hour traffic. What? No one thought about the traffic when they chose the location? Hope they remembered to include parking...and toilets. :p

" Though every team plays at least once on Thursday night, the 49ers will play that game on the road.

It’s not expected to be a permanent situation for the 49ers. According to the report, officials want one season to determine the “kinks of the traffic, parking and public safety plans at the new stadium.” As soon as the 2015, the 49ers will reportedly ask to host games on Monday and/or Thursday nights.

San Francisco is set to be home to Super Bowl L in 2016."

Some of the fans are upset about the location: "you have to drive through FOURTEEN other cities to get from SF to Santa Clara, it's two counties over and there's not a single person in San Francisco who would ever visit the city of Santa Clara or have anything in common with that demographic...

The 49ers --- who have played every single home game in San Francisco since 1950 --- will be playing in new stadium is over forty miles away, an hour drive or much more in traffic
"

http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/21/4...ht-games-monday-night-football/?sct=obnetwork

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Wpid dolls laughing2

I hope traffic is TERRIBLE for years to come.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I drive a truck and have frequent deliveries right across from that stadium and their fear of bad traffic is real. Without ggames even being played there yet, it takes a very long time to get to where I need to be. The idiots at cal-trans must not have even remedial math skills because they don't know how to get the lights timed up so traffic can move.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
I don't see the problem, you can simulate what traffic may be but until you actually try it you wont know for sure what impact it will have on traffic. There are alot of people in Santa Clara County that are already impacted on thier daily commutes by traffic, and not all are football fans. So this seems like a resonable request.

Cant tell you how many times I have been stuck in traffic when I made the mistake of trying to get to Seatac via the ferry on a Sounders, or Mariners game night.

mikeak

Reaction score
The city was given the option to pay for the stadium. Rightly or wrongly (doesn't really matter) they didn't want to pay that money. The team elected to move the location of their games to Santa Clara. It is a privately owned team - they have that right.

Fans don't like it - don't buy tickets. You wanted the team to stay then you should have talked to your elected officials you know a FEW YEARS AGO

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
That's a bunch of crap. Probably 80% of the fans that are driving to the stick are coming from the south anyway. The other 20% from everywhere else around the Bay to Sacratomato. None of the fruits and nuts that actually live in SF go to games... or at least very few anyway...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":niifm0l3 said:
I don't see the problem, you can simulate what traffic may be but until you actually try it you wont know for sure what impact it will have on traffic. There are alot of people in Santa Clara County that are already impacted on thier daily commutes by traffic, and not all are football fans. So this seems like a resonable request.

Cant tell you how many times I have been stuck in traffic when I made the mistake of trying to get to Seatac via the ferry on a Sounders, or Mariners game night.

Have you driven in that area in rush hour? It's pretty much a disaster.

chris98251

Reaction score
San Francisco just needs a year to threaten everyone down there to stay off the roads when the team plays or they will be considered collateral damage. 49er fans get freeway priority.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1i2rfyb6 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1i2rfyb6 said:

Seattle has had Sounders and Mariiner games scheduled the same day and it's a pretty big mess getting in and out of the city proper, once on the freeways it's not as bad. Most fans seem to get there early. Its lunch time games the Mariners have that really balls up traffic, the stadium releases everyone just about rush hour, streets are blocked and cops doing traffic control. Of course the fans walking feel that they have the right to cross anywhere at anytime which creates sudden stops and back ups in a bad situation.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":sxyrhuy9 said:
lvnginhwktwn":sxyrhuy9 said:

Yes I have driven there. That's why I said I don't see a problem with electing to not have week day evening games until they see what kind of impact the new stadium will have on traffic.

253hawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":4982e07h said:

What traffic? They can all just ride together on that humongous bandwagon.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":21gdl7qp said:
Wpid dolls laughing2

Oh NOES! Someone's jealous their stadium can't host a Superbowl.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Uh, no. Because it's completely out of my hands, I couldn't care less where the Super Bowl is played.

Having an idiot fan base get their day ruined by traffic is just fine by me.

Drinkingcoffeesmiling zps47aa0375

At least Santa Clara has a new football team, worth the traffic in some sense.

mikeak

Reaction score
So when does the Santa Clara 49ers logo get unveiled anyways?

Or will the be known as the former SF 49ers?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3o58s1l0 said:
SouthSoundHawk":3o58s1l0 said:
Wpid dolls laughing2

Oh NOES! Someone's jealous their stadium can't host a Superbowl.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol fake hawk fan at its finest.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ue0l8b7 said:
So Mrs. Carmon is a 9er fan.
I thought that was established awhile ago. Actually nevermind, I had a vet tell me he was a longtime member and I should respect him. Lmao

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep,
I called it long ago. He gets out of "character" once in awhile, like in this thread, for exhibit A

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Either way, the traffic will be better than it is in SF. It is a disaster getting to and from games there. Sorry to burst some bubbles, but it's not as tragic as some of the reactions are. And to be honest, no matter where the stadium is moved to in the Bay Area, it will still have some traffic issues. More people live in the Bay Area than the entire state of Washington. :roll:

And Carmen, who cares if the SB is hosted at our stadium. That's typically what happens when a new NFL stadium gets built somewhere with good weather in February, or has a dome.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle can be expanded for a Super Bowl; the league setting the Meadowlands precedent opens that door also. Seattle winning a Super Bowl or two will bring a lot more focus on the city and clout as well. 12th biggest TV market vs. the low 20's or so when we came in the league brings clout as well.