Sam Howell is Geno's Backup!!

Rat

Reaction score
I would be shocked to see us do it, but the only QB I can see making an aggressive move-up for is McCarthy. We don't have the capital to get high enough up the draft for the top 3, and Penix/Nix shouldn't require more than a few spots at most. McCarthy is probably going into the in-between area. I wouldn't hate it, helmet aside.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I love all the optimism. Maybe Howell can break the mold and be the first 5th round qb to ever win a sb. Brady was a 6th rounder, so you never know. At least it's something to talk about. 28 pages and counting. Not too shabby.
Jesus Christ, NO ONE is saying he's the guaranteed answer. We just aren't writing him off. I HATE negative fandom.

Jac

Reaction score
Timeframe is 4 years, not 18 months, unless you’re satisfied with a mid-level QB. Anybody who says he can accurately predict these QBs is kidding you. The data shows that half of the first round picks are a bust, and we don’t know for sure until they play about 30 games. There are exceptions on both ends.
But Howell only gets 18 games before his career ceiling is determined because The Atlantic said so?

chris98251

Reaction score
Shitty system, 700 passes damn, a defense just pinned their ears back every snap, explains the sacks especially against a suspect line, add that he was hurried or escaping a ton, yeah I would expect higher INT's also, but still had good completion percentage, I would look back at his college numbers and you see low interception numbers and high completion rate, that's who I think he really is.

Seahawker

Reaction score
*WarHawks & Bear-Hawk putting pennies on the tracks trying to derail our offseason.*
They can't find any empty beer or pop bottles to get coin to buy bubble gum. very sad, the tracks have been picked over. 😞

WarHawks

Reaction score
*WarHawks & Bear-Hawk putting pennies on the tracks trying to derail our offseason.*
They can't find any empty beer or pop bottles to get coin to buy bubble gum. very sad, the tracks have been picked over. 😞
Yeah, pretty much, because that's what I'm all about, trying to derail our offseason.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chill dude. Good grief.
You're the one acting like the goddamn sky is falling if we don't draft the bust of the year. I don't mind taking a flyer on Penix or Nix if we trade back into the 2nd round and they're available, but I don't want to blow a first rounder on a question mark because every idiot is scrambling for a QB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trade down and late first, very much worth consideration a QB. Just my opinion, but this move for Howell kind of makes it at least SEEM as if they're not gonna' consider a QB in the first couple rounds. I'm good with it, trenches trenches trenches.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah,
You're the one acting like the goddamn sky is falling if we don't draft the bust of the year. I don't mind taking a flyer on Penix or Nix if we trade back into the 2nd round and they're available, but I don't want to blow a first rounder on a question mark because every idiot is scrambling for a QB.
Well excuuuuse me for hoping they finally try to get a top qb prospect after years of being stuck in Purgatory. How dare I.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah,

Well excuuuuse me for hoping they finally try to get a top qb prospect after years of being stuck in Purgatory. How dare I.
Not trying to get into your guys' feud at all, but I think we can still walk away with another QB if we trade back from 16. Those top guys though, you'd have to give up too much.

Latest posts