Russell Wilson's Diet (article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
austinslater25":8v37h5qb said:
Some of the reasoning behind his ideas is guru bullshit and experts know the field have had a field day clowning him but in the end if Wilson feels better and is achieving his goals then I'm glad. Its odd to me that at that level there are bad strength coaches, nutritional coaches etc but its actually fairly common in professional sports. Regardless glad RW feels better and believes in what he's doing.

Dealing with the best physical specimens in the world affords those sub-par coaches so much leeway. On the strength side, a lot of what I've seen pop out of NFL lifting programs wouldn't help intermediate/advanced individuals who aren't freaks of nature make much progress. They probably assume the less freaky players they have just have less genetic potential when they're leaving progress in the rack by having them do stupid exercises with sub-optimal programming.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":1fl8evft said:
Some of the reasoning behind his ideas is guru bullshit and experts know the field have had a field day clowning him but in the end if Wilson feels better and is achieving his goals then I'm glad. Its odd to me that at that level there are bad strength coaches, nutritional coaches etc but its actually fairly common in professional sports. Regardless glad RW feels better and believes in what he's doing.

What parts do you think are "guru BS?" Everything quoted above is correct.

It's why every affluent white chick thinks she's allergic to gluten. Highly processed foods, especially grains and carb centric cause inflammation, that's why everyone;s running around saying they're "gluten intolerant." It's a normal intestinal reaction.

If you're advising a normal person, yeah probably want to cut out the grains and fruit, which gets metabolized by your liver as sugar, which can hinder dropping the weight. But like I said above, someone like Russell who's burning a ton of calories in a week, it shouldn't matter.

hawk45

Reaction score
9 meals is a bit obsessive - the meal frequency effect on LBM veers heavily into bro-science. The idea of it boosting metabolism is based on the Thermic Effect of Food, to wit, because it takes energy to digest food the idea was if you ate more often you'd burn energy more often and have a higher overall metabolism.

Research where calories and energy expenditure are controlled in a lab (as opposed to relying on food diaries which are notoriously unreliable) indicates that if you eat 3000 calories a day, it doesn't matter whether it's in 3 meals of 1000 or 6 meals of 500 as it concerns lean body mas.

One benefit to athletes is that more meals let them consume a higher number of calories without the individual meals themselves becoming prohibitively large. But since some of Russell's meals are a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts or a tablespoon of magic butter or whatever, that doesn't seem to be what he's doing.

If it works for him that's all that matters, but he could cut it down to 5 meals instead of being interrupted by a wristwatch 9 times a day for his next feeding. That's just silly. That said, lots of folks - not just athletes - have an easier time with compliance if they think they are on some magic regimen. That's the basis of fad diets.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Nice post. (I know nothing about any of this stuff but it was really clear)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
#2 in career passer rating in NFL history behind Erin Rodgers. This guy will be plenty prepared and ready to dominate this season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o33u9d1 said:
#2 in career passer rating in NFL history behind Erin Rodgers. This guy will be plenty prepared and ready to dominate this season.

If so then he will be vastly improved over how he came to Training Camp last season too fat and too slow.

Bring back speedy Russ!

[youtube]7hbL9di1Mas[/youtube]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Good to clearly see he has lost a lot of that fat.
I never understood why some never could see it(The Fat).
I feel like it's going to be a great season with RW in shape.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fht8mic said:
Well, that's your version. He wasn't too fat.

The boy chunked out. Period. He was trying to bulk up but just got fatter/slower.

It happens.

Now he looks to be back in true playing shape.

If he isn't speedy Russ he's a mid-level QB at best.

Last season he was that. Granted, he was injured and toughed it out. Props for that but the fact remains it was a middling at best QB performance.

More concerning are the behind-the-scenes personality clashes that I warned off early last season. I would rather not have been right about it but I was right about it.

Hopefully those are smoothed over. Winning will help with that.

Anything less and the team will likely get even more dysfunctional that it already was.

richard-sherman-postgame.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mid level at best? Mid-Level QB's don't throw for over 4K yards and go 11-6-1, including a playoff win. All on multiple injuries. He proved he's anything but a mid-level QB. Very few guys in the league could have matched what he did, especially behind that pathetic O-Line. Guys like Rottenbarfer are chubsters, nobody bats an eye.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3n2edzd5 said:
Mid level at best? Mid-Level QB's don't throw for over 4K yards and go 11-6-1, including a playoff win. All on multiple injuries. He proved he's anything but a mid-level QB. Very few guys in the league could have matched what he did, especially behind that pathetic O-Line. Guys like Rottenbarfer are chubsters, nobody bats an eye.

It's a ridiculous narrative (one of a handful) that he continues to try and sell people on.

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":38zcb87v said:
SoulfishHawk":38zcb87v said:
Well, that's your version. He wasn't too fat.

The boy chunked out. Period. He was trying to bulk up but just got fatter/slower.

It happens.

Now he looks to be back in true playing shape.

If he isn't speedy Russ he's a mid-level QB at best.

Last season he was that. Granted, he was injured and toughed it out. Props for that but the fact remains it was a middling at best QB performance.

More concerning are the behind-the-scenes personality clashes that I warned off early last season. I would rather not have been right about it but I was right about it.

Hopefully those are smoothed over. Winning will help with that.

Anything less and the team will likely get even more dysfunctional that it already was.

Possibly you could remind us all of what exactly you predicted last year that has now happened? :snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
semiahmoo":386fmcd6 said:

Not sure how you can come to this conclusion when Russell got hurt halfway through the first game, and then sustained two more serious injuries after...........therefore was hurt the entire season, and had no ability to get back to 100% to make this judgement.

There is no film to see a "heavier" healthy Russell running and moving slower than in years past.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Best "mid-level" QB of all time then.

With multiple injuries AND a horrific O-Line he puts up:

4,219 yards, 21 TD, 11 int, 92.6 QB Rating. Goes 11-6-1 and wins a playoff game, yet again.

Yeah, sooo horrible. :roll:
Many teams in the NFL would LOVE to have those numbers from their QB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dggu185 said:
Best "mid-level" QB of all time then.

With multiple injuries AND a horrific O-Line he puts up:

4,219 yards, 21 TD, 11 int, 92.6 QB Rating. Goes 11-6-1 and wins a playoff game, yet again.

Yeah, sooo horrible. :roll:
Many teams in the NFL would LOVE to have those numbers from their QB.

Agreed... it's a poor narrative but that doesn't stop it from popping up in multiple threads.

titan3131

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2af8gwe2 said:
It all just means I was right again.

Carry on...

Correction - we were right.

I cant stand these people ignorantly going on how he was only fat post injury. That whole offseason he was telling everyone he was trying to bulk up - which he failed to do and only got fat eating out on dates with ciara.

They said he was above 225 he probably was 230 and they are trying to cover for how fat he was.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
titan3131":37kxzjml said:
semiahmoo":37kxzjml said:
It all just means I was right again.

Carry on...

Correction - we were right.

I cant stand these people ignorantly going on how he was only fat post injury. That whole offseason he was telling everyone he was trying to bulk up - which he failed to do and only got fat eating out on dates with ciara.

They said he was above 225 he probably was 230 and they are trying to cover for how fat he was.

But how do you know he was "fat" and not "bulked up" with muscle as Russell and team said in pre-season.

Like I said, there's zero body of evidence to point to to prove either way because he was hurt the first game, and subsequently hurt again the entire season with serious leg injuries hampering his mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts