Russell Wilson has beaten

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
dutchman063":2mhkr87z said:
technically GreenBay (Rodgers) beat us

Technically he did beat him, since that is what the record shows. Also if you want to be really really technical that was the correct call no matter what the emotional hoopla was over it. Tate touches the ball first so technically he possessed the ball first, we can argue the semantics of it all we want but that is the fact and I have not seen any evidence that disproves that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":mnujh36b said:
Almost every team with a premier QB in the NFL

Ryan
Brees
Newton
Manning the lesser
Romo
Griffin
Cutler
Rodgers
Kaepernick
Brady
Manning the greater

To do list:
Rivers
Roethlisburger
Luck
Stafford?
Foles?

Who else?

*Rodgers - Need to win a game (in the regular season) without a controversial last play of the game with replacement refs. Of the second list the only ones that really matters to me Rivers, Roethlisburger, Luck. Maybe Foles if he continues playing like he does.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hold up

That call wasn't controversial, Tate had possession, both feet on the ground well before MD Jennings or whatever his name is.

Also that play shouldn't even happened, game should've been over when Kam slapped the ball away cleanly from a GB receiver and got called for a bull PI.

Russell beat Rodgers fair and square.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah I was at the GB MNF game- pretty sure we won 14-12. At least thats what the scoreboard said.

I'm inclined to accept that as the final result.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
korboko":31r4cmu1 said:
Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Super Bowl rematch with the Steelers? Wilson vs. Roethlisburger. Imagine all the story lines.
No, it wouldn't be awesome. I don't want PIT to EVER go to the SB again.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers only came back when the refs started allowing the GB OL to hold the hell out of our DL. No controversy can change the fact, that if the game was called correctly, we would have had another 3-4 sacks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawks46":2wwp81hw said:
Oh man, I would so love to see this team rip into the Stealers like a buzzsaw.

I know it's not the same team, but it would be cathartic.
JUST GIVE ME SOME STEELERS.

garrylt4

Reaction score
If I live to be 100 years old and the pittsburgh stealers make it to the playoffs 1 time that'll be 1 time too many.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2lio4qfp said:
Hold up

That call wasn't controversial, Tate had possession, both feet on the ground well before MD Jennings or whatever his name is.

Also that play shouldn't even happened, game should've been over when Kam slapped the ball away cleanly from a GB receiver and got called for a bull PI.

Russell beat Rodgers fair and square.

You don't need to convince me anything about that game. Trust me anything you can say, I've already said myself trying to convince others. But the fact is, if you want to stake claim that RW beat Rodgers to anyone OUTSIDE of the Seattle fan base. They're going to bring up that play, "fail mary" and replacement refs. I think the one that that has quieted down people (other than the obvious Seahawks just won the SB), is that the Seahawks beat the Niners, and play similarly (IMO better). And the Packers apparently have no answer for the Niners, so they stopped talking about the Seahawks at this point.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here...RW has lost to the following QBs:

Ryan
Kaepernick
Bradford
Palmer
Skelton/Kolb
Tannehill
Stafford
Luck

Many of those losses weren't necessarily because of his play but if are going to credit him for wins then he should be looked at for the losses. Basically it's a team game.

Rocket

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":qkhogbwr said:
Premier QBs are awesome.

So awesome that the team that has lead the league in passing yards has never ever won the SB, remember. Stlll true.

I'd like to see the point differential between Russell's team and the teams quarterbacked by anybody named Manning. I think it would be a whole lot to... not very much

:th2thumbs:

Subzero717

Reaction score
Brady-check
Manning-check
Rodgerd-check
Breesx2-check

To all the GB talk, Tirico called it simultaneous as it happened.

theascension

Reaction score
3rd year is a really important year for Russell. I'm hoping we can both average near 300 yards a game AND have an awesome defense. Wilson does seem to have slightly better games against great quarterbacks though. I think our game against Greenbay this year we'll score 30 points.

canfan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":36yht8td said:

Ryan
Kaepernick
Bradford
Palmer
Skelton/Kolb
Tannehill
Stafford
Luck

Many of those losses weren't necessarily because of his play but if are going to credit him for wins then he should be looked at for the losses. Basically it's a team game.

Well, if you are compiling that list, you have to add Alex Smith (Game 1 against SF in 2012). On the flip side he has also already beat 1/2 of the QB's on that list. It will never be a clean sweep though....I doubt he'll get a chance at revenge on Kolb or Skelton!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
canfan":31lqdcau said:
hawkfan68":31lqdcau said:

Ryan
Kaepernick
Bradford
Palmer
Skelton/Kolb
Tannehill
Stafford
Luck

Well, if you are compiling that list, you have to add Alex Smith (Game 1 against SF in 2012). On the flip side he has also already beat 1/2 of the QB's on that list. It will never be a clean sweep though....I doubt he'll get a chance at revenge on Kolb or Skelton!

Agreed. Totally forgot about Alex Smith. Nice catch on that. I think that one that burns me the most is the loss to Skelton/Kolb who are below average QBs. The defense really let him down in that one.

A

Anonymous

... the living crap out of everyone that splits-up sentences between the titles and the first sentences.

Russ has it handled on all the other boards on the internet, and now, he has entrusted the Mods here to systematically rid this board of the dreaded "sentence splitters" and cast them off, one by one.

These individuals, who obviously suffer from inferiority complexes, continually carry on this age-old message-board trick in an effort to attract post viewers. Even though these long-time users need absolutely no tricks to get people to click, they continually split there titles and first sentences in such a way as to create a magnetic pull on the their fellow users to click on their posts. Sadistic bastages! Many times, users find such glorious input within these posts they simply shake their heads and ask, why? Why do these lucid and talented writers resort to such madness? Why, why?

Like fingernails down a chalkboard, so are the sentence-splitters...

(steps off soapbox...)

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Never liked the "my quarterback beat your quarterback" stuff. Russ is like a God in our home. But HE didn't beat any of those guys. Our TEAM beat the TEAM those great QB's play for. Sidney Rice didn't beat Larry Fitzgeral. Okung didnt beat Staley. Just a dumb way to label it. Now if you wanna say "Russ has out performed any of these great QB's in there respective games" thats a diff story, and makes a lot more sense. The ball is shaped funny for a reason. Too many goofy fluke things happen in a game to decide its outcome. Did Palmer beat RW? We lost that game, but Russ outperformed him (though it wasnt great lol). Ok, off my soap box. Continue on! :)

SF49r

Reaction score
Don't forget about Alex Smith, he's 0-1 against smitty

Latest posts