Russell is still getting very little respect from other fans

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2jg5k3el said:
If you haven't yet, listen to this fool (Colin Cowherd). Fast forward to around 4:20 and listen to what Colin said about Russell after the Super Bowl. (Colin acknowledged somewhere that he picked the Broncos, because he wanted to have Manning on his show after the Super Bowl.)

I hate Colin, but I think he is really on the money when he talks about Russell here. Looking at the teams that Seattle has faced this year, very few QBs would have had better numbers than Russell against these teams. And Andrew faced Arizona and St Louis and we all know how that went. Yes, Luck beat Seattle and 49er. But I doubt he could beat these teams twice. Not only did Seattle faced the teams in the toughest division, they faced the teams in the Second Toughest Division (NFC South) and went 4-0 against them.

Ya he said Wilson was good last year. He said it doesnt take 5 years to know when a QB is good. You know it when you see it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
el capitan":33516hr0 said:
joeseahawks":33516hr0 said:
The good thing I see about this is that, If Russell were to hit the Free Agent market today, not many teams would bid for him and therefore, his price tag wouldn't be too high. I know fans don't sign free agents, but I'm sure lots of GMs don't think too differently. Meaning, we won't need to pay him Brees or Rogers or even Flacco money. And by keeping his salary relatively low, we can afford high priced free agents and depth at many positions. We can also afford a solid veteran backup like TJax (instead of some cheap rookie).

Whilst there are obviously a few pretty dumb GM's out there most aren't anything like as blinkered as most fan bases or the media. If Russell Wilson hit free agency today the only teams that wouldn't be bidding for him are those that are already spending $20m+ on their QB's.

I couldn't care less what the fans of other teams think, of course they don't want to accept that he's a franchise QB, they want to believe that with a couple of free agent signings and a good draft they'll be right up there challenging us for the NFC crown. But first they have to make us mortal. We have without doubt one of the greatest defenses of all time and we have Marshawn Lynch. Their greatness is not up for debate so if your gonna pick holes in the Seahawks the en vogue thing these days seems to be to attack Russell Wilson's stats.

But this is where most fans are retarded because we have a great running game and a great D so we don't need to throw for 400 yards per game. Every time Russell Wilson has to win a game for us he does. Think back to the Chicago game last season, the guy engineered TWO game winning drives back to back, and look at the games this season against the Texans and Bucs. Only Dan Marino has thrown more TD passes in his first two seasons, no-one has won more games in their first two years and since he joined the league he's one of only three QB's to finish both seasons with a QB rating over 100. The other two are Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning.

So in conclusion, fans of other teams are generally retarded and should be treated as such.

I am pretty sure wilson is the ONLY QB to have 100qb rating in his first 2 seasons

sutz

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.

Winners gonna win.

Wilson is a winner. :)