Russ looking kind of out of shape? Should we be concerned?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Russ getting fatty yuuge so he can be his own offensive lineman :lol:

IrishNW

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2jnj9z0j said:
IrishNW":2jnj9z0j said:
Spin Doctor":2jnj9z0j said:
IrishNW":2jnj9z0j said:
I have came to terms that football might not be the most important thing in his life. He has other dreams and is obviously committed to making them happen. He will be in good enough shape come the season, he will probably never be as lean as his rookie year but w/e
Again... as a Quarterback you WANT to have a little extra fat on you. You don't want to be lean, and skinny. It opens you up to injury, just look at RG3, and Sam Bradford. You want to be thicc. It has nothing to do with personal life and everything to do with protection. On the same hand you don't want to look like a greek god either. If certain muscles are huge it starts becoming a hindrance to your passing abilities.

how do you explain Brady, Brees and Rodgers? The added weight is not a good thing. Ironically the added weight has probably saved his career at this point but he has lost speed and quickness noticeably.
What? Brady Brees and Rodgers are not buff or lean, they have dad bodies like I said. Russell Wilson did not look any slower either. The one season he looked noticeably slower is when he came into training camp looking like a body builder. Dan Marino spent his whole career looking like he spent his free time at Krispy Kream. This right here is a non issue if I ever saw one.

he totally looks slower dude, go back and watch his rookie season. I guess I dont understand whats your saying about QB and having body fat? are you trying to say being fat is better at taking impacts then muscle? thats just not true dude, get a grip

IrishNW

Reaction score
Russ is getting fat, hes almost 30. Happens to the best of us, hes also going to tear this league a new one. Dont be blinded by your fandom but also dont sweat it. lifes going to be good as a hawks fan going forward

chris98251

Reaction score
Geez another he's too fat thread to start the season and in 6 weeks it will be the angle was bad because he looks buff now.

Aerik

Reaction score
He's too fat, too short, will never see over his linemen, and will never win a SuperBowl.. Midget

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Aerik":2rvog2kw said:
He's too fat, too short, will never see over his linemen, and will never win a SuperBowl.. Midget

I am pretty sure that was Mel Kiper's actual quote on draft day.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PSA For The Day:

Quick observation...I think I know why some people think Russell has put on weight. If you look closely, he is wearing bulky padding in his stomach and lower back area in conjunction with his traditional shoulder pads. That definitely gives the impression of extra weight but it's not. That's all, carry on.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure but something tells me not every nutritionist out there would agree with that guy's theory.

Fade

Reaction score
So uhh... after the 1st pre-season game anyone still share the OPs concerns

iu

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now we know who to blame, Wilson gave 16 pounds to Penny.

May be because were playing in London this year, not sure what the exchange rate is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You might want to call your eye doctor and schedule an appointment.
I’m not seeing what you are claiming.