Running Game Prediction

peppersjap

Reaction score
kearly":3ddwdyuk said:
Russell Wilson: 550 yards
Marshawn Lynch: 1250 yards
Fred Jackson: 300 yards
Thomas Rawls: 100 yards
Surprisingly Rawls already passed that. I would have gone with your estimate, I love it when someone proves me wrong in a positive way.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mojambo":3tw9kqco said:
There is no way on earth Thomas Rawls is rushing for 370 yards this season.

Well... he has 104 from one game alone. Maybe Lynch gets dinged up more than usual this year. Who knows if Jackson stays healthy? He's kinda long-in-tooth.

ringless

Reaction score
I would like to disclose and I think it's obvious I do really like the Seahawks because we don't get to greatness too much in our lives on the level this team has played at. This is by no means meant to poke at Lynch but just honest thought on what I felt, observed, and kind of gathered from sports history.

I really felt going into this season that Lynch would have a down year. There were a lot of signs pointing to it. A lot of that stems from last year and the fact that the man played through an incredible amount of pain. Surely more than 99% on this board could ever play through. I am sure most can recall him not being able to walk to the locker room during the Chiefs game at the half and then playing through that.

The thing is, father time is undefeated. History has shown that RB's at his age typically have a big decline at this age. Lynch runs a punishing style of running, and has taken on a ton of extra snaps through Seattles deep playoff runs. He came into this year clearly not as healthy. Wrist, back, Hamstring, Calf already listed on the injury report by week 3. He still has 12 more games to play through and I just can't see him being who Seattle needs him to be come week 17. But I do feel his body is really breaking down.

Lynch like everyone else reading this except the google bots is human. Every time Lynch gets, hit, runs hard etc he gets inflammation. The bodies natural response, which then triggers repair/rebuild after physical trauma. Eventually it becomes weaker, and less elastic. The more it happens the more energy and resources are needed from the body.

It doesnt help that the O-line is in a state of disarray.

I still of course believe he will have some huge games this season because he is a guy that plays through the whistle, and keeps his legs and the pile moving at all costs. But I think the offense is going to have to evolve because I honestly feel he isn't going to be that same kind of play maker he has been his entire career. They don't have that same style of runner, or one that is proven as Lynch which means the solution is going to have to come from a new offensive game plan.

The Detroit game showed a post Lynch Seattle world, and that will be one with struggles no matter how well the defense plays.

ringless

Reaction score
Remember when Shaun Alexander had a record year in 2005 and then seemingly fell off a cliff afterwards?

It almost feels like Lynch is following that same path. I believer the Seahawks also lost two key offensive lineman following that year. Much like this year. Both years also coming off a Super Bowl loss. But really the important thing to take into consideration is RB's break down around the age of 29, or 1800 carries. Lynch is around 2200 carries.

I think his age and toll is really starting to show. I said it before the season and why I felt that way. We are 6 weeks in

182 yards on 55 carries and 1 Touchdown. Good for 3.3 YPC.

I am actually surprised Rawls only had one carry today against the Panthers. He immediately got 8 good yards and then was never seen again. He really seems to be a playmaker and possibly the future.

mrt144

Reaction score
ringless":kir1ciog said:
Remember when Shaun Alexander had a record year in 2005 and then seemingly fell off a cliff afterwards?

It almost feels like Lynch is following that same path. I believer the Seahawks also lost two key offensive lineman following that year. Much like this year. Both years also coming off a Super Bowl loss. But really the important thing to take into consideration is RB's break down around the age of 29, or 1800 carries. Lynch is around 2200 carries.

I think his age and toll is really starting to show. I said it before the season and why I felt that way. We are 6 weeks in

182 yards on 55 carries and 1 Touchdown. Good for 3.3 YPC.

I am actually surprised Rawls only had one carry today against the Panthers. He immediately got 8 good yards and then was never seen again. He really seems to be a playmaker and possibly the future.

To be fair, the line is terrible.

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":397zab7e said:
Russell Wilson: 1,010
Marshawn Lynch: 1,200
Fred Jackson: 470
Thomas Rawls: 125
Damn I was way off. I should have known Rawls was going to be good.