Rumor: Hawks willing to trade Graham for LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaRox

Reaction score
All from the same source at this point, but with the trade deadline approaching, the next few days could get interesting.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfl/status/924616331684696064[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/924618750036463617[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/924613323949248513[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is the obvious path to getting a guy like brown since we don't have close to enough cap room and Graham gives that to us. I like Graham and think he's underutilized here. Either way I agree with Rappaport that it's unlikely but we will know soon enough as the deadline is fast approaching

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I wish Graham all the best but if someone is willing I am all for this.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IF we trade him now, he still has time to be the best receiving TE in the league.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’d be OK with trading JG for DB.

I like may, like JG but am frustrated with how we use (don’t use) him.
We really could use some solid O-line “bolstering”.

Here locally, DB made many comments during his “hold out” that he loved Houston and that Houston is where he wanted to stay. I’m paraphrasing.
Having said that, I don’t want DB if it’s forced on him, and he doesn’t want to play for the Seahawks. If he’d be happy as a Hawk, make it happen.

Seymour

Reaction score
Rees has his best game as a backup LT and now they let this news out? Damn, the timing of this news is pretty sad, we've been talking about this trade for weeks. If Rees can hold his own and continue to improve, that is not even our biggest need with both him and Fant to slug it out next season. Replacing Ifedi would be our biggest need IMO.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suppose this could happen, yet somehow I doubt it unless the OT comes at a good price. In a way to me this has a feel of some desperation to it when there has been some noticeable improvement from the OL. I still think the team holds Fant in high regard and won't be ready to sell the farm to acquire a rental at LT. I could be very wrong but somehow messing around with a winning team at game 7 seems a bit risky.

That said, I have genuine doubts the team will keep Graham next year as he will want more than they will pay for his services. If that happens the team will acquire a fairly early compensatory pick for Graham in the following season's draft, and that is more certain than possibly re-upping an aging expensive OT. I guess the plan for the future will be revealed to some extent by what happens this trade deadline.

The team has 38 deals that end this year and there will be lots of changes. There quite a few on the roster that may need to raise their games besides Graham to be kept here after this season like: Lacy, Joeckel, Lane, Aboushi, and some of the depth on the D who won't be that expensive. I also wonder about Shead who would be worth keeping. I suspect trying to keep Sheldon Richardson will be a genuine priority however, that isn't certain b/c he might be in real demand and attract a gigantic deal from some team. That could also attract a very high comp. pick. The RFA deals are also going to be interesting.

It will be an interesting offseason, the nucleus of a strong team will still be here

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seattle is the place where receivers come to die. As much as I know Graham will light it up when he's gone if we can get a LT than we have to do it. Wilson has better chemistry with Willllsssson and he was re signed which imo meant the end for Graham. Sometimes when Graham is on the sideline the offence looks better does it not...even though it shouldn't. Regardless of what happens the Jimmy G experiment has failed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":24a5z3ej said:
Rees has his best game as a backup LT and now they let this news out? Damn, the timing of this news is pretty sad, we've been talking about this trade for weeks. If Rees can hold his own and continue to improve, that is not even our biggest need with both him and Fant to slug it out next season. Replacing Ifedi would be our biggest need IMO.

Who let this news out?

Seems A+B reporting here

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don’t think Rap actually knows anything. He has just seen this idea floated lik everyone else and is stating as fact ahead of deadline to drum up clicks.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u2awiec said:
Seymour":2u2awiec said:

Who let this news out?

Seems A+B reporting here

I trust Rapoport. If he is letting this out, he NOW has a reliable source.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
None of this is new. It’s what, 2-3 weeks old? But he’s reporting it when the two teams meet.. and early enough that it hits the ticker of the London game.

But sure.. he’s got a source.. today.

I have no doubt this is a story. I have no doubt this has been discussed for weeks and wasn’t “leaked” today.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is sports journalism today? Just make up your own rumor and then report on it? This headline would be the same as an NFL insider stating that “Teams will make moves to stay under the salary cap”

IrishNW

Reaction score
I'm 100% ok with this. Russ seems to play better when he doesn't have a player like jimmy graham on the team. Its like he feels forced to get him the ball and it messes up his game (remember percy). Baldwin seems to be the only player of pro-bowl caliber that Russ can deal with.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Tow years too late. Watch Bevell try to force the ball to Graham today to pad his trade value before the deadline.

OP
OP
LolaRox

LolaRox

Reaction score
sdog1981":1kdl5gz0 said:
This is sports journalism today? Just make up your own rumor and then report on it? This headline would be the same as an NFL insider stating that “Teams will make moves to stay under the salary cap”

The only thing that goes a little further than speculation is Ian is reporting that Hawks had talks around trading JG

from the article -
... To make a move for a blindside blocker, Seattle would be willing to part ways with tight end Jimmy Graham for salary-cap purposes, per Rapoport. The team has had trade talks centered around the tight end, Rapoport said on NFL Network's NFL GameDay Kickoff. The Seahawks have less than $2 million in cap space. Graham, in the final year of his contract, has a $10 million cap hit for this season....

I never thought JG fit the team in scheme or attitude. If he is the piece that gets them a legit OT, they have to do it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
It's kind of a catch 22. Jimmy Graham has actually played relatively well for us. However because of his salary, reputation, and size people were expecting more. And those expectations are CAUSING the overall negative judgment of him on our team.

The truth is, we should have an offense where Russ doesn't feel pressured to get it to a particular receiver. But how can we expect that when even we as a fan base puts pressure on the Hawks to use him more? I personally am in the minority of keeping him, as I think that if we're able to groom or sign a free agent LT(even during the offseason) we're better off long term. I'd like for Graham to retire a Seahawk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":14iqhe7u said:
Seattle is the place where receivers come to die. As much as I know Graham will light it up when he's gone if we can get a LT than we have to do it. Wilson has better chemistry with Willllsssson and he was re signed which imo meant the end for Graham. Sometimes when Graham is on the sideline the offence looks better does it not...even though it shouldn't. Regardless of what happens the Jimmy G experiment has failed.
This isn’t a chemistry issue. Jimmy alone is responsible for his drops, but he was/is misused . His is the biggest mismatch we have on the offensive side of the ball. The OC broke him. We should be moving that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.