Rumor... Clowney to Seattle

kf3339

Reaction score
kf3339":3u1touuo said:
Sports Hernia":3u1touuo said:
Bobblehead":3u1touuo said:
Looks like the Browns have entered the Clowney picture.. Seems they have 43 million in cap space and can easily afford him. That will be one helluva DL with Garrett.
Clowney already has stated he wants to play for a playoff contender. Browns don’t qualify.

There is no rule that says he can't change his mind about that goal. He has already proved that money is his number one driving force. I don't think his statement has any weight at all after 3 weeks of FA.

He stays, he goes. At this point I don't really care and wish we would just lock up Griffen if we can right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This comedy has run it’s course.

I do not believe Clowney will be re-signed, it’s time to let him run out his options for as much cash as he can get.

I believe the FO has done as much as they can but the player wants $ not a team situation. Time to change direction. Let’s hope the team can acquire a comp pick with his departure. I wanted to keep the player but this has become a distraction and the end doesn’t appear favourable to the team.

Sure this is negative viewpoint but if he really wanted to be here they’d have a deal.

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":25v1j6r3 said:

I do not believe Clowney will be re-signed, it’s time to let him run out his options for as much cash as he can get.

I believe the FO has done as much as they can but the player wants $ not a team situation. Time to change direction. Let’s hope the team can acquire a comp pick with his departure. I wanted to keep the player but this has become a distraction and the end doesn’t appear favourable to the team.

Sure this is negative viewpoint but if he really wanted to be here they’d have a deal.

^Agreed.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
jammerhawk":8jxhq745 said:

Agreed. The only way they sign him is if he swallows some pride and takes a 2 year deal that will give him some coin and he is able to prove that he is worth 20 million plus a year. I think if the Hawks can get that deal from Clowney, it’s a cold day in hell! I think he is going for the coin plain and simple at this point.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1dtfpdby said:

I agree as well. I'd sign Griffen tomorrow and just move on.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm burned out on this Clowney BS....

I don't even care any more. We had him last year and were one of the worst lines in the league.

Screw him if he wont sign here, go to Cleveland where careers die.

kf3339

Reaction score
I know the FO makes it own decisions and could hardly care about any of our opinions. But I would have had a hard deadline at two weeks in FA for him to decide, or this last Monday at the absolute latest. If Griffen ends up signing elsewhere while we keep waiting on this guy and he signs somewhere else I will give the FO a hard D for FA on that decision alone.

There is just no excuse to keep this up without a resolution. Clowney has seen the market and "NO" realistic contender with cap room is seriously interested in him, or offers would have come forward well before today. The only teams that have the cap room are not playoff potential teams. Even they never came up to his initial asking price.

His agent needs to sit him down and make it clear his money and contender goals were not going to happen. His feelings are very hurt right now, and I seriously wonder if he couldn't be a disruption coming back to the team at this point. This issue should have been solved by now. Sign or leave. Just make a final decision PC and JS. Enough with this bulls$%t.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Clowney and his agent completely misjudged their situation and worth. We gave him exactly what he asked for, the ability to get top dollar on the open market after the season was over. The market was no where near what he wanted. Word is they had one call with the TItans, the money they wanted was laughable and that ended the Interest from the Titans. I don't think he's even worth the supposed 18.5 Million we offered. He's worth more like 15-16. The longer this plays out the better the chances are he signs here for a bargain.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No urgency needed regarding signing Griffen. According to this article, Griffen’s preferred destination is the Seahawks and is prepared to wait until Clowney decides... https://sports.yahoo.com/report-everson-griffen-interested-seahawks-195528298.html
This is more about impatient fans than players. There are plenty serviceable edge rushers available should Clowney sign elsewhere. Markus Golden, Terrell Suggs, Michael Bennett and Cameron Wake are still available. Suggs is 37 but still had 6.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles last season. He’s still quite effective as a edge rusher.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawkfan68":jh8762p1 said:
No urgency needed regarding signing Griffen. According to this article, Griffen’s preferred destination is the Seahawks and is prepared to wait until Clowney decides... https://sports.yahoo.com/report-everson-griffen-interested-seahawks-195528298.html
This is more about impatient fans than players. There are plenty serviceable edge rushers available should Clowney sign elsewhere. Markus Golden, Terrell Suggs, Michael Bennett and Cameron Wake are still available. Suggs is 37 but still had 6.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles last season. He’s still quite effective as a edge rusher.

So why not sign the guy that wants to be here and be done with it? I think Clowney has been given plenty of opportunity to be shown what the league values him at. So now even if he does sign here there is much higher potential for him to be a distraction over being disappointed with his contract. As a team signing Griffen at this point would make the statement that they will reward people that want to play here.

kf3339

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1jbo6iaz said:
hawkfan68":1jbo6iaz said:

So why not sign the guy that wants to be here and be done with it? I think Clowney has been given plenty of opportunity to be shown what the league values him at. So now even if he does sign here there is much higher potential for him to be a distraction over being disappointed with his contract. As a team signing Griffen at this point would make the statement that they will reward people that want to play here.

^ Exactly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2k78aubv said:
hawkfan68":2k78aubv said:

Maybe the Seahawks have more information about Clowney’s intentions and desire to play in Seattle than fans do.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2tbcsfym said:
JustTheTip":2tbcsfym said:
hawkfan68":2tbcsfym said:

Maybe the Seahawks have more information about Clowney’s intentions and desire to play in Seattle than fans do.

Valid point.

poly1274

Reaction score
kf3339":2b1say7x said:
that have the cap room are not playoff potential teams. Even they never came up to his initial asking price.

His agent needs to sit him down and make it clear his money and contender goals were not going to happen. His feelings are very hurt right now, and I seriously wonder if he couldn't be a disruption coming back to the team at this point. This issue should have been solved by now. Sign or leave. Just make a final decision PC and JS. Enough with this bulls$%t.

Uh that's kinda wrong. He can get the money but it all depends on how high the Chiefs, Baltimore and Jags are high on their players. I'm sure the 3 teams are trying to get as much draft picks possible, and if the prices are too high even on draft day, someone will give clowney 19mill + Contract.

TAB420

Reaction score
None of those teams have 19m in cap space. In fact, we have as much if not more than all of them.

poly1274

Reaction score
The most ridiculous thing I ever heard was when RW saying

“Clowney come back,” Wilson answered, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “If you are listening, bro. We’ve got another Super Bowl to win, man. We need you. We need you to come back Clowney. Clowney, Clowney if you can hear me, please come back, bro. I need you, homie.”

RW got the best offer that was given to him, and didn't give Seattle any discount.

Btw Idk why fans are so upset that Clowney isn't re-signed yet. Clark was tagged last season, and he didn't agree his terms until he was traded to KC.

kf3339

Reaction score
poly1274":2xi72991 said:
kf3339":2xi72991 said:
that have the cap room are not playoff potential teams. Even they never came up to his initial asking price.

Uh that's kinda wrong. He can get the money but it all depends on how high the Chiefs, Baltimore and Jags are high on their players. I'm sure the 3 teams are trying to get as much draft picks possible, and if the prices are too high even on draft day, someone will give clowney 19mill + Contract.

Uh, you need to look at those three teams cap room at this point. None of them have even close the money needed to give Clowney his number. In addition, all three already have the pass rush they need without him.

This has came down to either Clowney signing back with us, or him going to a bad or rebuilding team that can meet his new lowered number. Those are the choices. Many of our points are that he is not going to have a good attitude with a lowered contract and may become a disruption within our team.

Griffen would come to this teams wanting to be here and a lower contract number. That is the best option now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
poly1274":3mpdlsja said:

“Clowney come back,” Wilson answered, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “If you are listening, bro. We’ve got another Super Bowl to win, man. We need you. We need you to come back Clowney. Clowney, Clowney if you can hear me, please come back, bro. I need you, homie.”

RW got the best offer that was given to him, and didn't give Seattle any discount.

Btw Idk why fans are so upset that Clowney isn't re-signed yet. Clark was tagged last season, and he didn't agree his terms until he was traded to KC.
I saw that ridiculous tweet from RW and really if he wants him
so bad then RESTRUCTURE your deal Russ!
Otherwise let someone who wants to be here and that is
Griffen.
We can sign another rusher to go with him for a year like Suggs ect.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ju3f5r2q said:
poly1274":ju3f5r2q said:

I saw that ridiculous tweet from RW and really if he wants him
so bad then RESTRUCTURE your deal Russ!
Otherwise let someone who wants to be here and that is
Griffen.
We can sign another rusher to go with him for a year like Suggs ect.

HEY!!, I think you're on something.....Seriously though, Wilson doesn't have to restructure, IF Clowney doesn't feel that he's being respected enough, and Griffen >DESIRES< to come in for a lot less?, I think it's a no brainer.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kf3339":n9ms3fp8 said:
JustTheTip":n9ms3fp8 said:
hawkfan68":n9ms3fp8 said:

^ Exactly.
ditto

Latest posts