Rumor: Browns trying to trade Manziel & 1st for Bradford?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rg264pr said:
Popeyejones":2rg264pr said:
Sgt. Largent":2rg264pr said:
Oh I'm sure the Brown's are desperately trying to shop Manziel, but lol @ thinking the Eagles would be interested in only moving up 8 spots, losing their starting QB and taking on the Manziel circus show.

What's moving up 8 spots?

They'd be doing this if they were trying to get Mariota; having two first round picks to move up with gets them a heck of a lot closer to getting that done, if not getting it done outright.

In essence they'd have traded Nick Foles and a 2016 2nd round pick for Manziel and a 2015 1st round pick (pick #12 or #19).

That's a very big win for them, even if Manziel ends up being as useless as he has been so far.

You think Mariota's going to drop to 10? Or that Kelly's going to trade picks to move up?

I don't think either. I think the logical answer to your question though is that the Eagles would be doing this to package two first round picks to move up for Mariota.

I get that you don't think they should or will do this, but if they made the trade, that's what they'd be doing.

FWIW though and just as an aside, even if they WEREN'T doing to nab Mariota if I were the Eagles I'd still make this trade, as even if Bradford performs well in the Eagles' offense (if he can stay healthy -- a big if -- I can't imagine he won't), I still think Bradford for pick 12 and Manziel is a good trade for them.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think ruling out an RG3 style trade for Mariota is foolish. If Philly got their hands on one of the Browns 1st rounders.. I think they'd absolutely package those two 1sts + 2016 1st to get Mariota if Chip believes he is the missing piece to that offense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I wish for once there could be a super crazy mega trade.

For instance this 6 team swap 'em up.

PHI trades Bradford, Barkley , and Pick #20 To CLE For Pick #12 and Manziel.

PHI trades Manziel + #113 to DAL and they also swap picks so DAL moves up 7-9 spaces in rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, for pick #27.

PHI trades picks #12, #27, #60 + Ryan Mathews to TENN for pick #2.

TENN trades picks #12, #27 to SD for Phillip Rivers.

SD trades picks #12, #17, to the CHI for Jay Cutler and pick #7.

CHI trades picks #12 #39, #71 to CLE for Josh McCown and picks #19, #20, #77

0r some ish like that... I gave my self a headache .

PHI gets Mariota.

DAL and Jerry gets Manziel to groom under Romo. Which is probably the perfect situation for Manziel in Texas behind Romo for 3 years.

CLE gets Bradford and get back #12.

TENN gets Rivers and Mathews together under Whiz.

SD gets Cutler to alienate the city of SD to move to LA plus they'll have picks #7 and #27.

CHI rids itself of Cutler for a huge dead cap price for McCown but in turn get back a surplus of picks #17, #19, #20.

All this is completely irrelevant but would be fun as hell to see.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
That's good, PH. Not only the wackiest hexagonal trade ever, but actual legit reasons for each one. Jeremiah Johnson nod of approval. :lol:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Report: Eagles yet to talk extension with Sam Bradford

If Sam Bradford really is the Eagles' long-term answer at quarterback, we're still waiting on evidence to prove it.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly has publicly endorsed Bradford as the team's quarterback and has laughed off speculation that Bradford will be dangled as trade bait to help land Marcus Mariota in the draft.

Perhaps Kelly is telling the truth, but the Eagles have been in no rush to address Bradford's contract. ProFootballTalk reported this week that no meaningful talks have occurred in regard to an extension.

Bradford is due a shade under $13 million in the final year of his bloated rookie deal, signed a year before the new collective bargaining agreement put a hard cap on earnings for first-round picks. (Cam Newton weeps at the timing of his existence.) A Bradford extension would serve two purposes, giving the quarterback security while offering salary cap relief to the Eagles.

So what's the hold up? That all depends on what's really going on behind the scenes in Philadelphia, where the Eagles continue to be connected as a player for Mariota. The Eagles might be waiting until the dust clears in Chicago before taking the next step with Bradford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... atn_hanzus

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Very well could be. I don't care if he only wins 2 games a year, as long as those 2 wins are against Jerruh's kids!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2k64x6l0 said:
That's good, PH. Not only the wackiest hexagonal trade ever, but actual legit reasons for each one. Jeremiah Johnson nod of approval. :lol:
May 1st can't get here soon enough. My God is this offseason just getting beyond silly and crawling by like a snail.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":13y09p5z said:
When I first saw this topic, I thought it was a funny distraction, bored off-season thing.

It's gained some momentum. Showing up all over the place now.

I will be sad for B if it's true.

A Rams fan feeling sorry for a former player going to the Browns? Throwing stones from a glass house isn't a good idea.

Latest posts