Round 1 Offense or Defense ?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
If Seattle can crate a feeding frenzy on QBs at 5, we'd make a geat haul on draft picks by trading back. I like the idea of trading back to the 9th pick, and taking Bresee DT5 /DE hes great against the run and pass, a day one starter at DE.

At 20 another trade Back possibility unless a superstar is available, Robinson Myer.or Wilson. Adding picks is more opportunitys for a homerun player. They are alot of great players available in round 2, and Pete and John can sniff them out.

Cheers

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
#20 - Dawand Jones, Kancey or Sanders.
Jones would be a big step towards being bullies again
I am very intrigued with Jones and have brought up drafting him at 20 and have got push back when suggesting moving Lucas to guard not sure if it’s an emotional response with Lucas being a local guy. After seeing him dominant the Senior Bowl practices I went back and watched some 2022 game film it was common for his opponent to just fold and give up.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If the top DE are gone, trade back a few picks, get another 2nd rounder and maybe 4th, and take D, hopefully the kid from TT.

BASF

Reaction score
I am very intrigued with Jones and have brought up drafting him at 20 and have got push back when suggesting moving Lucas to guard not sure if it’s an emotional response with Lucas being a local guy. After seeing him dominant the Senior Bowl practices I went back and watched some 2022 game film it was common for his opponent to just fold and give up.
I have posted against taking Jones and moving Lucas, but it has nothing to do with Lucas being a local kid. It has everything to do with I believe that O'Cyrus Torrence has a better career ahead of him than Dawand Jones does and we would not have to move Lucas off his position. As impressive as Jones was at the senior bowl, Torrence was very impressive himself. Watching film of the two of them, Jones looks to have more to work on than Torrence does.

Jville

Reaction score
Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm .....

But, there is not a pressing need for a starting offensive tackle. And the team already has players on the roster that need snaps to develop. The second tier tackles returning this year include .... Jake Curhan, Stone Forsythe, Greg Forsythe and Jalen Mckenzie. At least three of those names will be considerations at guard.

Shane Waldron and Andy Dickerson come out of system that adds offensive tackles and converts some of them to interior linemen. I'm thinking it would be timely to add a center. But it seems to me that could be addressed later in the draft.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm .....

But, there is not a pressing need for a starting offensive tackle. And the team already has players on the roster that need snaps to develop. The second tier tackles returning this year include .... Jake Curhan, Stone Forsythe, Greg Forsythe and Jalen Mckenzie. At least three of those names will be considerations at guard.

Shane Waldron and Andy Dickerson come out of system that adds offensive tackles and converts some of them to interior linemen. I'm thinking it would be timely to add a center. But it seems to me that could be addressed later in the draft.

yeah i could see seahawks going wr at #20. it's a definite need now and into the future. if quentin johnston or zay flowers is there at #20 it's a possibility

I don't hate the idea of a WR at 20. Mainly because there appears to be a lot of value there.

jeremiah

Reaction score
First off, trade the comeback POY, get another 1st rounder, and load up on the D and maybe a great O lineman. We are going nowhere fast, without the line of scrimmage superstars