Rost:49ers have a weakness that plays into Seahawks strength

ivotuk

Reaction score
Stacy Rost: 3 Key Players: 49ers have a weakness that plays into a Seahawks strength

Tre Greenwall is going to be stepping in (for Kwon Alexander) and he’s a mid-round rookie with very little experience. Now, he can fly too and he’s got the instinct, he just doesn’t have the experience that Alexander has. So that’s going to be an advantage.

But nine weeks into the season, Seattle trails 27 other clubs in pass defense. The Seahawks’ sack leader is outside linebacker Mychal Kendricks (3.0) and the most productive member of the defensive line has been Clowney – which probably explains why he’s among the league’s most double-teamed edge rushers.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/721188/3 ... -strength/

IMHO, Kwon Alexander being out is HUGE for this game!

Here's that Tweet about the Double Teams against Clowney, who is right up there with JJ Watt, Myles Garrett, DeMarcush Lawrence, and Josh Allen.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1 ... 12/photo/1

And a related story by Willie McGinest last February (Prior to Franchise Tags):

Ten pass rushers worth pursuing in free agency/2019 NFL Draft

2) Dee Ford, OLB/DE, free agent

Ford's versatility allows him to succeed as both an outside linebacker and defensive end. Healthy in 2018, Ford racked up a career-high 13 sacks and forced seven fumbles. He and Justin Houston were the most effective edge-rushing duo in the NFL with 118 pressures, according to Next Gen Stats. Ford has improved off the edge in terms of using his lean and leverage. The 27-year-old could continue being a premier pass rusher with full health, one that the Chiefs have strongly indicated they'd like to keep on their roster.

3) Jadeveon Clowney, OLB, free agent

He's a freak who constantly disrupts plays. Now, I would like to see Clowney use better technique at times, but he's one of those special players who can produce without it, thanks to his rare ability to make unorthodox moves. You can't teach some of the traits Clowney possesses, and he has all the raw tools of a great pass rusher. If Clowney, who had nine sacks in 2018, becomes more disciplined, the sky's the limit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -nfl-draft

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Let's be real here if the Seahawks play defense like have the last couple weeks were getting blown out Monday night. I think we have a chance but this defense has to step up weve been waiting for it to happen all year and it hasn't. They have to on Monday or were taking the L.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like their chances, especially w/that offense. I'd rather concentrate on hope than be all afraid of the almighty Niners. Have some faith, give it a shot :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3rgz4jjv said:
Let's be real here if the Seahawks play defense like have the last couple weeks were getting blown out Monday night. I think we have a chance but this defense has to step up weve been waiting for it to happen all year and it hasn't. They have to on Monday or were taking the L.

Unless something crazy happens with turnovers, yes this will have to our defenses best performance of the year......and with Jefferson coming back and Diggs ready to roll it's entirely possible that may just happen.

But IMO this game's squarely on Russell's shoulder. No one should be expecting anything from the defense, so this is a game we have to win something like 31-28..........that means Russell plays like he's been playing, mistake free lights out and clutch.

Anything less and this is a game we lose 34-17. Clean, mistake free, Meyers pulls his head out of his ass and Russell make a bunch of clutch throws.........and we win.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hvf9dwo said:
Northwest Seahawk":2hvf9dwo said:

Unless something crazy happens with turnovers, yes this will have to our defenses best performance of the year......and with Jefferson coming back and Diggs ready to roll it's entirely possible that may just happen.

But IMO this game's squarely on Russell's shoulder. No one should be expecting anything from the defense, so this is a game we have to win something like 31-28..........that means Russell plays like he's been playing, mistake free lights out and clutch.

Anything less and this is a game we lose 34-17. Clean, mistake free, Meyers pulls his head out of his ass and Russell make a bunch of clutch throws.........and we win.

We'll see maybe SF's defense is overrated. Or maybe we get some turnovers it's football after all anything can happen. I just think banking on Seattle outscoring them down in SF will be very very difficult to pull off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":30vbhvbf said:
Sgt. Largent":30vbhvbf said:
Northwest Seahawk":30vbhvbf said:

We'll see maybe SF's defense is overrated. Or maybe we get some turnovers it's football after all anything can happen. I just think banking on Seattle outscoring them down in SF will be very very difficult to pull off.

For sure, lots of crazy stuff can happen. It's a divisional game after all.

But straight up predictions based on matchups? I have no faith our D can hold down the Niners run game and Garopollo, especially if Kittle plays.....................so IMO Russell's gotta play perfect.

Which he can, we've seen it all year.

WarHawks

Reaction score
In Russ we trust.

These are the games he lives for, and rises up to, time and time again. Something tells me he's going to be a very, very bad man Monday night.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They absolutely have to play their best game of the year, period. Capt. Obvious stuff yes, but no turnovers and keep the stupid penalties way down, and they can win this game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Night Game- Check
November- Check
Two MONSTER sized receivers, a TE with hands and Lockett- Check
Bobby Wagner- Check
RW3- double check

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":3okaf3sj said:
Tre Greenwall is going to be stepping in (for Kwon Alexander) and he’s a mid-round rookie with very little experience

I feel like I might trust this writer more if they got EITHER Dre Greenlaw's first OR last name right.

They're right that Tre Greenwall doesn't have any starting experience (I mean fair, Tre Greenwall doesn't exist), but they seem to also be unaware that Dre Greenlaw has been starting at Sam all year and is moving over to Will.

rlkats

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ebzn0rl said:
They absolutely have to play their best game of the year, period. Capt. Obvious stuff yes, but no turnovers and keep the stupid penalties way down, and they can win this game.

This is the same for the Niners. Any mistake and the hawks win. They make teams pay when there is a mistake.

JGreen79

Reaction score
rlkats":3mmvom3t said:
SoulfishHawk":3mmvom3t said:

This is the same for the Niners. Any mistake and the hawks win. They make teams pay when there is a mistake.

Which is huge part of Pete's defensive philosophy. Sure you know what Seattle is doing defensively, but can you exexute every single play.

It works better with a great defense that can beat you even when the offense knows what they're up against.

Now it seems like it more often comes down to a can your offense execute in the clutch situations, because theres a QB on the other side that will most of the time.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tkv6a9vj said:
Northwest Seahawk":tkv6a9vj said:

Assuming Wilson gets the chance. Remember SF is not as good against the run and #1 against the pass. So that gives PC all the ammunition to go back to run at all cost thoughts. If that happens we loose.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3gy7hwc7 said:
Bad news about the Seahawks they play to the level of the competition
Good news about the Seahawks they play to the level of their competition .
I expect a focused group this week

Greenhell

Reaction score
I hope to see Russ running on them the way Lamar Jackson. He's the X-factor in winning this game. Pete's bend don't break Defense will get broke if we can't handle their running game. Put the game on Jimmy G's shoulders and lets see him throw a few picks.