Robert Turbin to be waived w/ injury designation (update)

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Bye Turbs...hopefully he'll be back. he reminded me of TJ Duckett...for some odd reason..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He seems like a classy guy, but as a RB he is the epitome of a 'JAG' (which ironically is exactly where I think he winds up)

I expect us to address RB very early in the draft next season, barring Christine Michael really showing something to get excited about for the future

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Man Russ should have offered him some Recovery Water. So C-Mike is that bad that they couldn't wait 5 weeks and then go out an sign a 34 year old yes I said 34 year old RB. As Bob Dylan said " Times, they are a changin"

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2p621wks said:
c_hawkbob":2p621wks said:
So if not claimed in 24 hours he's still a Seahawk on IR right?

Then he gets an injury settlement and becomes a free agent.
That's optional, pending both parties agreeing to it. Seahawks IR if he's not claimed is not.

At least that's how I understand it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2jp8mva5 said:
hawknation2015":2jp8mva5 said:
c_hawkbob":2jp8mva5 said:

That's optional, pending both parties agreeing to it. Seahawks IR if he's not claimed is not.

Yes, but that's how the team has operated in the past. On IR, he can still choose to sign with other teams.

Seafan

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":zz6cdfs9 said:
hawknation2015":zz6cdfs9 said:
c_hawkbob":zz6cdfs9 said:

They could have given him a settlement but I doubt they put him on IR and have to pay his entire salary and can't play him this season.

This is as I expected.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/639994558860783616[/tweet]

NFL is a real cold harsh world. :(

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If he's going to be out five weeks, then IR does make sense. I imagine they'd like him back eventually with at least an injury settlement + waiting period. However, I think some team may try to pick him up once healthy. At some point, someone's going to lose their feature back and Turbin will look appealing as at least a backup.

xgeoff

Reaction score
jake206":vxhk077z said:
Doubt he comes back if he's cut though...opportunities elsewhere.

I don't think there are huge opportunities elsewhere. Every year there are young guys coming out of College, and every year there are guys like Jackson coming available who, frankly, look better. Don't get me wrong, I like Turbo and, if he's healthy, would want him on the team. But I don't see anything special about his play. As big and fast as he is, I would think he'd be more of a physical runner, but he's not. I actually think Rod Smith was the most physical runner we had after Marshawn.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
xgeoff":395yut67 said:
jake206":395yut67 said:

I don't think there are huge opportunities elsewhere. Every year there are young guys coming out of College, and every year there are guys like Jackson coming available who, frankly, look better. Don't get me wrong, I like Turbo and, if he's healthy, would want him on the team. But I don't see anything special about his play. As big and fast as he is, I would think he'd be more of a physical runner, but he's not. I actually think Rod Smith was the most physical runner we had after Marshawn.
Turbin can pass block. In this league, that is pretty special.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Scottemojo":t928dc50 said:
xgeoff":t928dc50 said:
jake206":t928dc50 said:

Interesting question as to whether he clears waivers:

- he's a FA next year anyway, so claiming him would only make him yours till the end of the season, you'd almost certainly have to negotiate a new contract with him

- High ankle sprain with possible ligament damage means you wouldn't get much return on your investment this year

- The only thing in favor would be that it would put you in better bargaining position for his next contract

The only team I see claiming him would be Jacksonville.

Or maybe the Niners.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'll always be a fan of Turbo's. Hope he's back on the field again this season.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":11xuso2j said:
Scottemojo":11xuso2j said:
xgeoff":11xuso2j said:
jake206":11xuso2j said:

- he's a FA next year anyway, so claiming him would only make him yours till the end of the season, you'd almost certainly have to negotiate a new contract with him

- High ankle sprain with possible ligament damage means you wouldn't get much return on your investment this year

- The only thing in favor would be that it would put you in better bargaining position for his next contract

Or maybe the Niners.

Niners are unbelievably stacked with RBs.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":k9f4fb2w said:
c_hawkbob":k9f4fb2w said:
Scottemojo":k9f4fb2w said:
xgeoff":k9f4fb2w said:

Or maybe the Niners.

Niners are unbelievably stacked with RBs.
Actually that last hook was there to catch a chuckle, but I'll take the correction.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1jffu5nf said:
Scottemojo":1jffu5nf said:
xgeoff":1jffu5nf said:
jake206":1jffu5nf said:

Or maybe the Niners.
I'd say Dallas over either of those choices. Also San Francisco doesn't need a running back they need OL help.