Richard Sherman to the IR--Florio

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
People on local news are saying it for sure will be just three weeks since Kyle said, and saying too that it was aggravation of an older injury, and people pretty split as to whether this means Sherm's inevitable decline has begun.

They've plugged in Witherspoon who they basically put on the back burner fairly early, and they got some guy off the ps of the Dolphins, and they're going to continue playing Moseley who was far better than Spoon but was meh in that game (though he was matched with Hopkins, that's an atypical opponent).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":b3ysdsah said:
People on local news are saying it for sure will be just three weeks since Kyle said, and saying too that it was aggravation of an older injury, and people pretty split as to whether this means Sherm's inevitable decline has begun.

They've plugged in Witherspoon who they basically put on the back burner fairly early, and they got some guy off the ps of the Dolphins, and they're going to continue playing Moseley who was far better than Spoon but was meh in that game (though he was matched with Hopkins, that's an atypical opponent).
Either here or elsewhere it said Spoon was in concussion protocol.
Anyways Sherman is in decline just like Earl Thomas is. ....but if there is anyone that can still be successful while in decline it’s Richard Sherman. Thought I did see Murray just shed him on the TD run And I thought at the time “is he hurt”? Because he is One of the surest tacklers in the league.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1po44jb6 said:
Anyways Sherman is in decline just like Earl Thomas is. ....but if there is anyone that can still be successful while in decline it’s Richard Sherman. Thought I did see Murray just shed him on the TD run And I thought at the time “is he hurt”? Because he is One of the surest tacklers in the league.

I'm in the local market and watch this guy every game. He doesn't produce with the same consistency that he did with the Hawks, at all, but he's smart enough to boost his contribution enough to facilitate his team's advancement. I'd say he hands down remains the top corner in SF--and i think that about the Hawks too.

But there's no question the decline has started. Injuries catch up with mortal individuals, after all.

KinesProf

Reaction score
If it's the achilles, unfortunately it could blow at any time. He was managing it in 2017 but then it blew on a Thursday night, as that Sunday to Thursday turnaround was just too short.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The injury report just says "calf." Meanwhile Witherspoon remains in concussion protocol and Verrett is nursing a hammy. They picked up a guy from the Dolphins PS.

I'm confused about the covid PS rules for this year as there's been talk of how some people can't get poached from it. How many people is that, or is that just the vets?

Osprey

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2eg6wuqs said:
I'm confused about the covid PS rules for this year as there's been talk of how some people can't get poached from it. How many people is that, or is that just the vets?
You can protect 4 of the 16 each week.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1rdxq83u said:
The injury report just says "calf." Meanwhile Witherspoon remains in concussion protocol and Verrett is nursing a hammy. They picked up a guy from the Dolphins PS.

Wasn't Sherm dealing with calf issues right before his achilles blew out?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
HawaiiD":21uyo62y said:
SantaClaraHawk":21uyo62y said:

Wasn't Sherm dealing with calf issues right before his achilles blew out?

I vaguely remember that. Shan said a couple days ago that it was a reaggravation of an old injury so that might be the one.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ebezpm3 said:
Sports Hernia":2ebezpm3 said:

I'm in the local market and watch this guy every game. He doesn't produce with the same consistency that he did with the Hawks, at all, but he's smart enough to boost his contribution enough to facilitate his team's advancement. I'd say he hands down remains the top corner in SF--and i think that about the Hawks too.

But there's no question the decline has started. Injuries catch up with mortal individuals, after all.

Sherman is a team leader whose loss will be felt in more ways than his play. Super bowl hangover.....