Richard Sherman...pre-season goal acheived

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":nzm8lb2l said:
Here is my unpopular view of Sherman.

He is a hell of a player but I honestly wish he wouldn't be so bragadochous.

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

Unpopular view around here, I know.

Easy there, Tim Ruskell. ;)

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Aros":27rb34ew said:
Normally I wouldn't care for that kind of character but he reminds me of Gary Payton who is one of my all-time favorite sports players.

Exactly. The other day on Twitter, someone asked if Russell Wilson was the new Gary Payton, my response to that was. Russell is the new Nate McMillan, Sherman is Payton. Russell is "Mr Seahawk" to his core whereas Sherm is "The Glove." The lock down 1st team All-Defense guy that will trash talk Jordan/Brady and back it up.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":2qodayb6 said:
Aros":2qodayb6 said:
Normally I wouldn't care for that kind of character but he reminds me of Gary Payton who is one of my all-time favorite sports players.

Exactly. The other day on Twitter, someone asked if Russell Wilson was the new Gary Payton, my response to that was. Russell is the new Nate McMillan, Sherman is Payton. Russell is "Mr Seahawk" to his core whereas Sherm is "The Glove." The lock down 1st team All-Defense guy that will trash talk Jordan/Brady and back it up.

We just need to go out and get Shawn Kemp (the supremely talented wr), I guess. Not a Sonics fan, but to carry out the analogy....

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Shermans a team first guy . with that comes us 12's. he loves us fans. Him posting those stats and letting everyone know he is the best is just more ammo for us seahawk fans.

Sherman and Wilson are shaping this team and becoming my favorite players on the team , yet both have different personalities.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":o9xn2e5h said:
Tech Worlds":o9xn2e5h said:

Just not my style. His play should,does, and will speak for itself. He takes away from his greatness at times with his look at me attitude.

Dude is great player, and a great team mate but I feel he hurts his perception with his mouth.

Yes, but no individual on this board is harsher on the players than you.

That might be true but I don't think I am being all that harsh on Dick. He is a great player that would be so much more enduring league wide if he would just pick his spots to talk a little better.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Do we really care if he's more enduring league wide. I guess we want our cake and to eat it too. Our team used to not have character...now we have too much? Seems silly to me, but I'm a guy who likes that sort of character.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":3mytoy03 said:
Do we really care if he's more enduring league wide. I guess we want our cake and to eat it too. Our team used to not have character...now we have too much? Seems silly to me, but I'm a guy who likes that sort of character.

Like I said. It is an unpopular opinion.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":28yoymjq said:
FortWorthSeahawk":28yoymjq said:

I don't know if it's really that unpopular. Sherman has a pretty typical love/hate kind of personality. I'm usually against what he's doing as well, but there's something about the way he does it that makes me like him more and fall on the love side of the dividing line. And, if you think about it, forcing people to develop an opinion about him also forces them to think about who he is. Better than apathy, at the very least, and a generally good marketing tool.

Edit: You can even see some of the baiting inside his claims. If you can get opposing QBs to mark you, you can take advantage of their reactions with interceptions and more defensed passes. Nothing like a little wounded pride to make some players press and overreact.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2szqb7me said:
FortWorthSeahawk":2szqb7me said:

Fair enough...that's what makes this board great.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":103wx9dl said:
MontanaHawk05":103wx9dl said:
Tech Worlds":103wx9dl said:

Yes, but no individual on this board is harsher on the players than you.

That might be true but I don't think I am being all that harsh on Dick. He is a great player that would be so much more enduring league wide if he would just pick his spots to talk a little better.

I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. He really gets into opposing players' heads and makes them play worse in an effort to 'get back' at him. See Steve Smith last year, Tom Brady this year, etc. He doesn't turn it off after the game because then opposing players would see him as just another mouth, instead of somebody they hate...That's what takes them out of their game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":mpz61m62 said:

If he had a $30 million contract with guaranted money in the bank I would be inclined to agree with you. He is playing under a 4 year $2.2 million contract that can't be renewed for another year. He has a huge interest in staying in the media and being focused on. Being a pro-bowl player or not can impact his next contract with a few hundred thousand etc. He is not in the media because of getting arrested or beating his spouse or something he is in the media just with a few words here and there.

I for one have no problem with it and understand that these rookies are now screwed by the CBA and need to put themselves in the limelight for the next contract

scutterhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":g7myf6jb said:
This tweet smacks of someone who is still pissed about being snubbed.

Sherman "according to the numbers/the numbers don't lie." Translation - take your votes and shove them where the sun don't shine, my numbers do the talking.
You bet,,, he's going to force feed the idiots that snubbed him, THEY are the ones with stupid on their resume'
That chip is turning into a log, and the Playoffs will only intensify his resolve.
Let's turn this road game into a road kill game, GOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":ig9z37wh said:
Whatever, I really don't see the kind of cheap trash talk we used to get from Divas like Neon Deion and TO.

I can live with Sherm having a bit of an attitude. He's earned the right, IMO.
Hell to the YES.
We finally get a player that has confidence running out his ass, and why not, he's giving everything he's got in the games, and he should just quietly stand in the shadows?,,HELL NO!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3bsx0syr said:
sutz":3bsx0syr said:
Whatever, I really don't see the kind of cheap trash talk we used to get from Divas like Neon Deion and TO.

I can live with Sherm having a bit of an attitude. He's earned the right, IMO.
Hell to the YES.
We finally get a player that has confidence running out his ass, and why not, he's giving everything he's got in the games, and he should just quietly stand in the shadows?,,HELL NO!

Who said that? Not me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":24ox9gj6 said:
Who said that? Not me.

To be fair, you implied it; even if it was unintentional. It sounds like that's what you think about him, to most of the rest of us in this thread.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh and another thing folks, that "Bragadacious" player,(as was coined), sealed the win yesterday,,,Gives him the right to chomp about his value to the Seahawks. :thirishdrinkers:

bellingerga

Reaction score
I think after all the high character, high motor, no skillz players we had over the years it's a welcome change to have someone who can back up his talk, no matter how much he talks. As long as the whole team isn't that way, it doesn't hurt to have one big mouth on the team.