RG3 benched ......

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Snyder wants to fire Shanahan, but he wants to fire him "for cause" so he doesn't have to pay him any money. Shanahan knows this so he's going public with his feud with Snyder regarding RGIII. Shanahan is claiming that he felt pressured to play Griffin at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year when he wanted to go with Cousins instead to protect Griffin from further injury. And now he's benching Snyder's "golden boy" for the rest of the season and basically daring Snyder to fire him now "without cause" so he can collect the rest of the money on his contract without having to deal with the little pokemon*.

* "pokemon" is Japanese for "pocket monster", which is a jab at Snyder's height as well as his Napoleonic complex. Just in case somebody missed it.

Jac

Reaction score
SeatownJay":25jcl2a5 said:
Snyder wants to fire Shanahan, but he wants to fire him "for cause" so he doesn't have to pay him any money. Shanahan knows this so he's going public with his feud with Snyder regarding RGIII. Shanahan is claiming that he felt pressured to play Griffin at the end of last year and at the beginning of this year when he wanted to go with Cousins instead to protect Griffin from further injury. And now he's benching Snyder's "golden boy" for the rest of the season and basically daring Snyder to fire him now "without cause" so he can collect the rest of the money on his contract without having to deal with the little pokemon*.

* "pokemon" is Japanese for "pocket monster", which is a jab at Snyder's height as well as his Napoleonic complex. Just in case somebody missed it.

This is exacty right. This is precisely what is going on. It's a public divorce between the two. The only thing involving next year is whether Shanahan gets his money, not whether RG3 is healthy or Cousins nets a draft pick.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1oq4sboj said:

You're probably correct but fact is RG3 should have been PUPed until game 7 regardless and he was crap and lost it and is currently lost going by that game versus the Chiefs no 200.00 dollars no pass go. I do have a huge issue with benching him for the rest of the season though.

OrFan

Reaction score
The reasons why this happened? Couldn't care less.

What I love about this whole thing is that because of the way it is playing out, I am happy. It makes the redscums look like the mess they really are. It makes Snyder look like an idiot for putting them in this situation, and having a qb who is still injured because he is a cheap owner who couldn't have a decent field to play on. It makes Shanarat look like the red faced temper tantrum throwing idiot we all knew he has always been, ruining team after team. It shows just what an immature little "look at me" punk that RG3 really is.

This entire mess just makes me happy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow, we can pat each other on the back. :D

In all seriousness, I watched a bunch of RG3 on NFL Game Rewind last year between week 17 and wild card weekend, and I'm far from an expert, (and FAR from being among the most NFL-knowledgeable posters of .NET) but I just didn't see RG3 stand tall in the pocket very much last year and pass down the field when there was any pressure. He used safety valves ALL the time. Now that defenders are able to just recklessly charge at him because his speed isn't there at present, he's terrified.

A lot of people ignore telltale signs of stuff like this in regards to judging quarterbacks. RGKnee and Kaepernick are the two best recent examples.

OrFan

Reaction score
What is really going to be funny is when Bob says "screw you" to the redscums after his rookie deal is over.

That team spent so much to get him, everything goes to crap, he is not happy, the team has no future, and then he leaves.

I will laugh so hard.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hahaha, true, OrFan. Watch him go to the Rams after his rookie deal. The team that got so much draft capital for the right to draft RGKnee gets him in the end. I'd die laughing.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Carmon1274":2qkmrwey said:
Uh excuse me? You're overreacting.

What's wrong with drafting 2 QB's. Both of them played good and did well. Kirk cousins came in for RGIII against Baltimore and helped them tie the game and beat them in OT.

Did the Patriots make a mistake drafting Mallet in the 3rd round pick?

Two big differences between the Patriots and the Redskins. First, Tom Brady had already established himself for years as one of the best in the league before Mallett came along, so when Brady struggled this year, nobody ever considered benching him for Mallett because people figured that he would bounce back. RGIII, despite a good rookie season, hasn't played long enough to establish himself so whenever he struggles, there are always going to be people questioning whether it would be better for Washington to go with Cousins.

Second, as mentioned above, Washington needed all the talent it could get, especially since they would be sending high draft picks to the Rams for three years. Yes, Cousins won a game or two for them, but what if they could have drafted someone in that spot who would have helped them win games consistently over the last two seasons instead of a game or two? The Patriots, on the other hand, already have loads of talent on their roster and could afford to spend a relatively high draft pick on a backup quarterback.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2izqzfcr said:
Hahaha, true, OrFan. Watch him go to the Rams after his rookie deal. The team that got so much draft capital for the right to draft RGKnee gets him in the end. I'd die laughing.
Ok, this made me giggle manically like Dr.Evil. Well done sir.

chris98251

Reaction score
If the Rat gets fired I think he gets 7 million, if he quits nothing since he would have violated his contract if I understood things. Sitting RGIII is just a chess match with Snyder. Probably best for him and his long term future, the Skins will lose revenue if they look like they are and this is where to use it Sandbagging the season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Actually I think a factor is this drama is that it's the perfect way to showcase Cousins. Heck we were dumb enough to give Flynn more than a dollar and he wasn't under team control for another 2 years coupled with a sweet rookie contact...

Subzero717

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":zite5c1p said:
RolandDeschain":zite5c1p said:

Not me. A team in the AFC South I may give a courtesy giggle. A team in our division, I'd puke.

RedAlice

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3i41eakm said:
RolandDeschain":3i41eakm said:

Read this as a joke on twitter -

Skins trade RG3 to Rams for the Rams #1 pick (our own). That then leaves the Rams with RG3 and the Skins Top 3 pick.

Funny.

muxpux

Reaction score
god what a mess...poor rookie of the year....

http://deadspin.com/rgiii-is-a-pawn-in- ... 1480654532

According to a report in the Post, the threat to bench Griffin seems "an attempt by Shanahan to provoke Snyder to fire him this week." Because Shanahan's contract contains very specific language giving him control over personnel moves, that would qualify as a firing without cause—and entitle Shanahan to his remaining money. He wants Snyder to ax him and save Griffin from the bench.

But a source in the front office says Snyder won't interfere with Cousins being named starter. Consider Shanahan's bluff called.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":289wjqpd said:
HawkWow, we can pat each other on the back. :D

In all seriousness, I watched a bunch of RG3 on NFL Game Rewind last year between week 17 and wild card weekend, and I'm far from an expert, (and FAR from being among the most NFL-knowledgeable posters of .NET) but I just didn't see RG3 stand tall in the pocket very much last year and pass down the field when there was any pressure. He used safety valves ALL the time. Now that defenders are able to just recklessly charge at him because his speed isn't there at present, he's terrified.

A lot of people ignore telltale signs of stuff like this in regards to judging quarterbacks. RGKnee and Kaepernick are the two best recent examples.

Totally agree with your every word, Roland. The guy never concerned me and my only question was when will the wheels fall off? That was when he was drafted. Then, I knew I would ultimately be right by the way he refused to step away from hits, playing like every play was 4th and goal and he was being asked to win the title. Manziel will be RG4. I am certain.

I am likely a bit harder on Griffin than necessary because of his ego and how his game was somehow viewed as superior to Wilson's. Wilson understands team and that his own health is more crucial to team than any ESPN highlight he might be able to manufacture. Maybe Griffin will get this figured out, but after 2 knee surgeries and possibly a bruised ego, I wouldn't hold my breath if a DC fan. I think they would be fortunate to get a single 1st rd pick for him. Someone LOLed that he could end up a Ram. I only hope.

General Manager

Reaction score
There extremely lucky he's still able to play, they should have started Cousins, RG3 was obviously not ready at the start of the season.