Rex Ryan to the Bills

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":2wcxxq3i said:
hawksfansinceday1":2wcxxq3i said:
pehawk":2wcxxq3i said:
Well, Greg Roman is going with him. I think that's the only reason the Bills are doing it, Rex WITH Roman should work and counter any incompetence Rex may show offensively. If they can retain Schwartz, that's one hell of a staff.

That Bills squad is FULL of talent. Even on offense its full of talent. EJ hasn't shown much, but he was the closest to Wilson intangible wise in that draft. I think Roman will get the most out of him.

The Bills job is a good job...that's such a stacked roster.
Agree, but until they find an NFL caliber QB they will be a .500 type team. EJ ain't it man. Trade for Glennon might be a good idea. He ain't Erin or Russ, but he's good enough to get you to 10-6 with the rest of that roster IMO.

Roman's a perfect OC selection for Manuel. For whatever reason the Bills never let Manuel move around like Roman and Bevell did/do Kaep and Wilson. Imagine someone taking that from Wilson or Kaep from day one...that's what happened to EJ. Don't throw Manuel away, quite yet.
OK, if they don't trade for someone I will. And that does make sense man.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":25j92vs0 said:
pehawk":25j92vs0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":25j92vs0 said:
pehawk":25j92vs0 said:
Well, Greg Roman is going with him. I think that's the only reason the Bills are doing it, Rex WITH Roman should work and counter any incompetence Rex may show offensively. If they can retain Schwartz, that's one hell of a staff.

That Bills squad is FULL of talent. Even on offense its full of talent. EJ hasn't shown much, but he was the closest to Wilson intangible wise in that draft. I think Roman will get the most out of him.

The Bills job is a good job...that's such a stacked roster.
Agree, but until they find an NFL caliber QB they will be a .500 type team. EJ ain't it man. Trade for Glennon might be a good idea. He ain't Erin or Russ, but he's good enough to get you to 10-6 with the rest of that roster IMO.

Roman's a perfect OC selection for Manuel. For whatever reason the Bills never let Manuel move around like Roman and Bevell did/do Kaep and Wilson. Imagine someone taking that from Wilson or Kaep from day one...that's what happened to EJ. Don't throw Manuel away, quite yet.
OK, if they don't trade for someone I will. And that does make sense man.

I'd still trade for Glennon though. I really, really like him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
jkitsune":y6ckryl0 said:
BlueTalon":y6ckryl0 said:
pehawk":y6ckryl0 said:
Well, Greg Roman is going with him.
I wouldn't count that as a positive. The Digits never figured out how to get plays called efficiently under Roman.

Greg Roman is 10x the whipping boy Bevell ever has been here. Niners fans will be delighted that he's finally leaving. Not sure that's a legitimate upgrade for the Bills.

Jim Harbaugh had more to do with the 49er offense than Greg Roman did. Ya, Greg called the plays but I think Jim Harbaugh had his finger on what they did. He was just running what Jim dictated. Just like PC has with the Seahawk defense. I do agree that Kaep is not very smart QB. The 49er offense was much better when Alex Smith was running it.

zifnab32

Reaction score
FireHawk79":8x9ngd62 said:
Sarlacc83":8x9ngd62 said:
Should have gone to Atlanta.

Agreed! Amkes no sense to me why he goes to the bills, only reason I see is he stays in NY. But Atlanta seemed like the better job to me.

Reports are going around that Atlanta was Rex's first choice, but they wanted to wait until some more coordinators were available before making a choice.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Roman/Rex combo for the offense does NOT inspire confidence IMO. Schwartz already had that D trending up. Don't love the hire for Buffalo considering their needs.

Rex needs a seasoned QB if he wants to roll the dice with Roman. ATL makes more sense. Too many young players and questions at QB for Roman's unnecessarily cumbersome system.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Bills seem like one of the most dysfunctional orgs since they were last good in about 1993. I don't see Ryan changing that.

kearly

Reaction score
If Orton wasn't retiring, I'd understand this. Maybe Rex plans to trade for Cutler? EJ Manuel is not good enough, and he's not going to jive with Roman.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Bills have announced that Schwartz won't be retained by Rex because of differing philosophies for the defense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3tfv1mar said:
Bills have announced that Schwartz won't be retained by Rex because of differing philosophies for the defense.

He'll be a good coordinator for somebody to pick up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SeatownJay":gq5nbe6w said:

Makes sense. Schwartz is a 4-3 guy who never blitzes. Not suited for Rex. Just another reason this hire doesn't make sense IMO. Buffalo's defense wasn't the problem, and now it'll be overhauled.

Maybe Schwartz makes sense for Seattle upon Quinn's departure?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Maulbert":1kjsekma said:
Watch the Bills sign Sanchez and then start him week 1 against the Jets. Might be hilarious.
I think that would be a smart move until they find their guy cuz EJ is not it