ImTheScientist

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":27ju9xv2 said:
Will the PED/cheater label stick? Maybe, probably. But as long as we keep winning it doesn't really matter to me.

All the hate out there is great, I love it. I rather be hated than ignored.

The hate = significance. If we're hated so much, we're doing something right.
:13:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I won't ever lose a wink on the few players getting popped for PED use. No one can prove that they took anything other than Adderall which is perfectly fine with a prescription. Are the teams with players that are taking it with a prescription cheating? I would bet big money that every team has at least one player with an adderall script.

Then I consider the source of most of the comments about cheating. Most of it comes from Niner fans, who thrive on the negative. Knowing the tainted past of that franchise it is easy to dismiss anything they say.

It is wrong to take anything on the PED list, which is why the players have served suspensions and why Irvin will serve his.

It is very possible that out of the handful of players getting caught, that one or two have not been forthcoming about what they took, but knowing that a group of folks DOES know what they took, I find it difficult to believe that they all were taking something other than Adderall. Especially when you start finding its use in a recreational manner.

If Sherman didn't pass his second test or a previous offender was caught a second time, I would be concerned, but ultimately, the comments made by haters don't even register.

Larry Grant was caught and suspended for PED use. Some Niner fans are even hoping the Niners can sign him on the cheap as a backup. What does that say about those fans?

There has been multiple suspensions handed down since Irvin got his, is anyone labeling those teams?

Just remember the majority source of the comments before letting it bother you. Niner fans believe if they say something enough that it is true. They always have and always will.

Haters gonna hate.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2aa1y9r7 said:
MLTHawk":2aa1y9r7 said:
Do you guys think this cheater seahawks thing will stick, or is it just a this year thing?
You'd better get used to it. As long as "Pete the Cheat" is coaching, it will always be a subtext. The Adderall stuff just put fuel on a fire that was already burning among Carroll haters.

Yep, opposing fans have been ripping PC since he took the job and it will never stop nor will it ever matter to me. The guy is a great coach and built a strong team from nothing without "cheating". That is all that matters to me.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1w4a7i0a said:
like ive said before the giants and broncos only have 1 less suspension in the same time period but nobody cares.

Seattle gets all the heat because of a few reasons:

1. Fail Mary
2. Pete Carroll
3. Richard Sherman

and those 3 things spell VICTORY for us so i couldn't care less.

Also the 12th man media love probably has other teams fans a little POd. It is sort of like how the Dallas Cowboys "America's Team" label sprung from NFL Filmd and now it is spoken of as gospel. The 12th man love is something that will never be taken away but definitely spurs some backlash of hate.

7-9 division winner and playoff victory was a point of disdain. I remember Jason LaConfora tweeting about being able to enjoy the NFL playoffs once the Seahawks lost to Chicago. Sort of like the Skip Bayless rant on the Seahawks not deserving to be in his Superbowl.

EDIT:

And yes, get use to the Cheaters label.

I am sure Tom Brady is a fine young man, with a little bit of swagger but the Patriots are still called Cheaters. They just have a higher standing with the NFL community, so folks accept the Patriots with their warts. It is too late to undo the respect built up for the organization as everybody at one time wanted to do things "The Patriots Way". All about perspective. Win a bunch of Superbowls, be a annual contender for the conference crown and the haters just have to stuff it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I assume that the majority of pro and collegiate athletes are juicing (hell, It was prevalent during my two years of juco hoops and sprinting) and it doesn't bother me one bit. But ya, hopefully our guys stop getting caught or get up to speed with the masking agent technology - and I don't give a damn about what other people think, its the lost games that could hurt the team, as you can only afford to lose guys as good as BB and Irvin for so long before it costs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Do not care how the rest of the league views our team or us the fans, I love this moment in the Seahawks timeline, its fun! I'm not gonna let other fans who don't like being viewed in a certain manner tell me how I should act because it isn't becoming to other fans, do not care!

Don't care how other fans of other teams view us, we can keep talking our shit until it all falls down, and the same goes for Sherman, Tate, Browner, and whoever wants to talk their shit.

Rest of the NFL? SCREW 'EM!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Agreed. Do we actually care about PED use at this point? Really? If so tell me why given everyone in the NFL is a user of some form of it. HGH anyone? Bueller? Let alone the current stuff. What did you say Jo? More advanced stuff? No way! :roll:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The haters are:

1. Butt hurt from their college team getting whooped by USC.
2. Butt hurt from their pro team getting beat by the Hawks.

And because of a single impropriety between Bush and his AGENT, Pete is labeled a 'cheater.' Also, he surely wouldn't have won any championships without Bush.."cough, cough." No rationalization happening here.

Fast forward to present day and we have the hater college fans looking at the PED suspensions to conveniently keep the 'cheater' label alive as if to make it into some sort of trend. Pete is now encouraging players to take adderall (or who knows what), just as he encouraged agents to offer college recruits certain perks (yeah, right!).

"It's so unfair that Seattle is winning" "They can't be playing by the rules because their coach is a 'cheater" Bwaaaahahahah! Listening to all of the talk, you'd almost think Pete was video taping opponents' practice sessions and walk-throughs.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":9rm50z1n said:
Psst.

That media attention everyone's been wanting?

This comes with it.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Was going to say the same thing.

NFL_Football2013

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":31wiv54b said:
The haters are:

And because of a single impropriety between Bush and his AGENT, Pete is labeled a 'cheater.' Also, he surely wouldn't have won any championships without Bush.."cough, cough." No rationalization happening here.

Fast forward to present day and we have the hater college fans looking at the PED suspensions to conveniently keep the 'cheater' label alive as if to make it into some sort of trend. Pete is now encouraging players to take adderall (or who knows what), just as he encouraged agents to offer college recruits certain perks (yeah, right!).

"It's so unfair that Seattle is winning" "They can't be playing by the rules because their coach is a 'cheater" Bwaaaahahahah! Listening to all of the talk, you'd almost think Pete was video taping opponents' practice sessions and walk-throughs.

im not sure AMATUER athletes are allowed to hire agents, once a college athlete hires an agent they become a professional athlete, if reggie bush took something from his AGENT as an "amatuer" then rules were violated.

i hate USC btw

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team has a convincingly solid season this year and the the "adderal" suspensions stop, the noise from the haters will die down but will still be there. There will always be the haters and in the long run the noise from them is mostly personally based and not based upon any legitimate basis that would tend to show the reason why the team has evolved into a legitimate elite team and a probable contender for the post season playoff prize because they have been cheating.

Until then I could frankly care less and think much is being blown out of proportion by a few hand wringers and many haters who are butt hurt b/c the hawks have genuinely kicked the rear ends of their team or teams or they have a personal hate for PC or some other member of the team. In a sense it fun to watch. Most of the complaints are quite ridiculous.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Further, and not directly responsive to the PED question. I have absolutely no concerns at all that the team is developing a reputation as a tough team and a very physical opponent who will slobberknock every opponent when possible. I like that a great deal and am glad the days of being a finesse team are past.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NFL_Football2013":25c5f9df said:
HawKnPeppa":25c5f9df said:
The haters are:

im not sure AMATUER athletes are allowed to hire agents, once a college athlete hires an agent they become a professional athlete, if reggie bush took something from his AGENT as an "amatuer" then rules were violated.

i hate USC btw

The "help" given to Bush by the agent was in return for representing him when he reached the NFL.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2ekm5ng0 said:
NFL_Football2013":2ekm5ng0 said:
HawKnPeppa":2ekm5ng0 said:
The haters are:

i hate USC btw

The "help" given to Bush by the agent was in return for representing him when he reached the NFL.
It wasn't an agent. It was a pair of wannabe marketers in San Diego who hooked up with Reggie's (now ex) stepfather.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MLTHawk":38sii0qy said:
All this PED cheater seahawks talk is really starting to get to me. I was on nfl.com and it was everywhere. It's a fact that all teams get busted, so I guess I just don't understand why it always seems like there is a ton of hate against Seattle teams.

I fear the seahawks creating a legacy of winning and all anyone will point to is that we cheated to get there. Maybe it's my own doubts and the fact that it may be true. I read a pretty good article about it, over at hawkblogger, and it put me at ease a bit.
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/06/jim- ... itter.html

I guess I just feel like to have a quarterback that looks to be such a genuine guy, it's a shame what this teams reputation is.

Do you guys think this cheater seahawks thing will stick, or is it just a this year thing?

They will point to what ever excuses they can, to try and cover up for their inferiority.
If there are ANY players or fans that use this as excuses going forward? they need to man up like Vern Davis did.
NO EXCUSES just DO IT.
oh, AND by the way, deep down their hatred is fueled by fear, and we all know it, right :49ersmall: ?