Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
"He does a lot of Pete Carroll's dirty work," Robinson said. "He talks to players who need talking to because again, Pete doesn't accentuate the negative. You talk about his sacrifice on the field, he's probably the one guy in the National Football League that can set your edge from the defensive end position on the outside part of your defense. He's also a guy that drops in the box, he's also a guy that plays middle-of-the-field safety and gets interceptions ... he's Bam Bam, he's the face of this team, he's the guy they all go to. So I think he'll be sorely missed.

"He's a guy who, he lines (safety) Earl Thomas up, that's what he told me this week. I said Kam, I played with you for four years and I didn't even know that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... inson-says

HawksSoc

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1rr6cype said:
"He does a lot of Pete Carroll's dirty work," Robinson said. "He talks to players who need talking to because again, Pete doesn't accentuate the negative. You talk about his sacrifice on the field, he's probably the one guy in the National Football League that can set your edge from the defensive end position on the outside part of your defense. He's also a guy that drops in the box, he's also a guy that plays middle-of-the-field safety and gets interceptions ... he's Bam Bam, he's the face of this team, he's the guy they all go to. So I think he'll be sorely missed.

"He's a guy who, he lines (safety) Earl Thomas up, that's what he told me this week. I said Kam, I played with you for four years and I didn't even know that."

Reads as a frantic plea for validation from both Robinson and Kam to be honest. He lines up ET on plays is that what he's implying? Please.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
People telling Kam to "get your money" are the ones who are costing him money. No doubt this falls on Kam 100%, he's his own man. Don't give me the bad advice angle, we've all resisted bad advice. But when so many around you give constant terrible advice you start to believe the BS. Do I feel bad for Kam? Not even a tiny bit. He looks like a fool maybe because he is one and we just never knew.

Anyway I'm done talking about the chump that's not even playing today, it's game day!!!! Go Hawks!! And here's to Bailey making Chumpcellor a distant memory!

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
HawksSoc":1sgzgkfd said:
dontbelikethat":1sgzgkfd said:

Reads as a frantic plea for validation from both Robinson and Kam to be honest. He lines up ET on plays is that what he's implying? Please.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... me-for-Kam

He's pretty vocal on this video too. Can see where Kam is probably getting his advice and reinforcement to hold out.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
So how is it a former Hawk with a big mouth is part of the problem and not the solution?
Didn't we help him win the big one after we cut him and brought him back, and now he
turns into a giant douche against his former team to prove he belongs with the mediots?
I can't stand "mikrob" and am sick of his self promotion by throwing the team under the bus.
Not a friend to the Seahawks at all.
Just lame.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
I am surprised the Kam health angle to the story has not been talked about in the media-such as on ESPN Seattle 710AM. Though one guest weeks ago mentioned he talk to Kam after SB 48 and Kam said right after the SB he had emergency surgery for bleeding pancreas. Good theory that his body is really beat up and he might have one year left before injuries for him to retire-hence the "Blackmail" act he is trying to do on the team to get more money now. If this is the case, then we can understand Seattle's hard line stance.

Yes, time to move on and either trade Kam or let him retire by his not reporting. Seahawks might loose one to 2 games this year because of his absence but the team will survive without him. Besides, the Hawks GM and Head coach will probably find a repalcement for Kam in the 2016 draft-hopefully someone close to his skill set. :lol:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I've read tweets posted elsewhere that claim Kam wants to be paid extra for being a good presence in the locker room. Maybe that is not such a bad precident to set? At least a reason to guarantee more money?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2csix672 said:
I've read tweets posted elsewhere that claim Kam wants to be paid extra for being a good presence in the locker room. Maybe that is not such a bad precident to set? At least a reason to guarantee more money?
Red Bryant was the "irreplaceable" leader in locker room and he got cut.

Kind of a ridiculous thing to ask to be paid for. He wants for money because of personal relationships he has with his teammates? Are those relationships even real then? Or is he fake caring for people because he hopes to get more money?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not worried about replacing Kam's on field contributions. In the whole scheme of things, strong safety is not a critical position. Dion Bailey will do just fine.

What concerns me is the locker room. Kam's a team leader, voted as a team captain, is the boom in the Legion of Boom, and along with Beast, is one of the two players that identifies us as being a smash mouth team. Kam just called the Hawks "petty", Beast was wearing Kam's number the other day, the eternal optimist and superlative king Pete Carroll speaks about Kam in a monotone, and now there's indications that the old man got pissed off and called off negotiations. This is getting ugly, and a split between management and the players is a real possibility. Telling the team "next man up" isn't going to fly. And there's that nasty taste in our mouths left over from SB 49.

Plus we have to open the season on the road with two of the toughest consecutive games on our schedule with this one today being an interdivisional game which stand alone makes it larger than your average regular season game, and it's against a team and in a venue that has given us fits even when we're 100%. Really bad timing.

Today's game is huge. If we win today, not only will it give us a leg up in the division and allow us to go into Lambeau 1-0, it will go a long ways in helping heal the wounds caused by Kam and that open sore from SB 49. Winning cures everything. But if we lose, even if we lose 3-0, Kam's holdout could be the silver bullet that takes us down.

12thMan

Reaction score
First, if true, I am stunned the Hawks would move 2017 money to give him 8.1 in 2016, knowing damn well he won't honor the 2017 season!
Last, Kam needs to quit listening to MikeRob. Between their two brains, they should be able to figure out the $900.000 'petty' difference is being gobbled up by game checks!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
How are these people telling him to get his money giving him bad advice. Sounds like the Seahawks are folding like a cheap suit. He should get nothing but fines.

dukestar

Reaction score
This whole NFL "Not For Long" crap from Kam is BS and disingenuous. Here's the deal. He and his agent negotiate a contract and know the parameters they are dealing with. The team puts a 4 year extension offer on the table that guarantees the first 2 years and gives him a signing bonus that he gets up front. Now why would the team do this? Answer: so they can pay the player up front as a sort of goodwill gesture and spread that evenly across the length of the contract. Also, by guaranteeing the first two years it gives the team flexibility if something happens with the player (i.e. injury or a decline in the level of play). Kam and his agent accepted this. If he was so concerned about this Not For Long why not counter offer a proposal that doesn't guarantee the first years but rather the last 2 years? The answer to this is because the team would then say "ok, but then you don't get as much on the signing bonus". The net result is the team essentially back ends the payments and saves the cap on the front end. You can't have it both ways i.e. a big signing bonus and fully guaranteed back end.

Also, his rant about teams not honouring contracts is grade A class 1 hypocrisy. Look in the mirror Kam who exactly is not honouring their contract here?

RiverDog

Reaction score
dukestar":3aeo1ybj said:
Also, his (Kam's) rant about teams not honouring contracts is grade A class 1 hypocrisy. Look in the mirror Kam who exactly is not honouring their contract here?

I have similar thoughts, although on a slightly different angle. Kam called the Seahawks "petty" and told everyone that he wasn't asking for that much more money. Well if the Seahawks are being petty, then so is Kam for holding out for such a trivial amount and hurting his team in the process. And now he's losing game checks, something that even if the Hawks wanted to can't be replaced, so he stands to negate any financial advantage he might have hoped to have gained as a result of his holdout.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I wonder if Kam is going to start poisoning the locker room the longer this goes on? I could see it happening as he whispers in teammates ears about the front office and how unfair they are. Telling them that they are next ect. That's what bothers me most.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I have been a big fan of Kam's since he joined with the Seahawks, and of all the players on the team he was the last one I thought would be pulling something like this. If in fact Paul Allen has pulled the plug on this thing then I applaud him for doing so. I think at this point that nothing constructive can come of any of this. Kam has blown his trust with the team and his fans thru all this foolishness and I think that Allen has the wisdom to see what this is doing to the fan base and decided to just end it. I guess Kam needs to either take whatever is on the table now and start playing ball, hoping to somehow redeem himself over time or he can remain hardheaded and go broke thinking somehow that Allen is bluffing, I wouldn't take that bet if I were Kam, when your Paul Allen your word and decisions carry real weight.

Mick063

Reaction score
After that Rams debacle, Kam has leverage.

Gametime

Reaction score
This just in.

Paul Allen visits Chancellor at home to discuss options.

gadgor

Reaction score
Kam sets the tone. This was evident in today's performance where the defense seemed to be playing with no heart.

12thMan

Reaction score
That loss did no favors to end this holdout...Kam will now feel that he has even more leverage and I can't see Allen backtracking on his 'we are done negotiating' statement...if he really gave those orders.

Latest posts