Report: Seahawks owner Allen ends talks with Chancellor

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Rob12":2qts6l0v said:
I've finally reached my end with Chancellor. I've arrived at the point where I don't want any of this to work out. I hope the Seahawks move on from him in whatever way they see fit. If that means trading him, so be it. If that means letting him essentially retire by keeping him under the confines of his current contract, so be it. That's actually my preference. If the reports are true and Mr. Allen actually had to step in to end this madness... Well, I can't imagine another owner in the game who is more hands off and more generous, and the fact that he was forced to step in tells me all I need to know. I'll only echo the sentiments of other posters and wish that he had done it much sooner.

His Twitter and Instagram posts are disgusting to me. I know that he does not owe the fans anything, but the jabs he takes at those who question and call him on it while he proclaims himself as "God's Soldier" is twisted. He says those of us who question his actions are "below" him. And in the next post he's talking Bible verses and throwing up praying emoticons. He's steeled up right now, and I don't see this thing ending. He's propped himself up so much that I honestly question his ability to grip reality. Of course we are going to question this whole thing - this is OUR team and Chancellor has put himself exceedingly above it. Earl said they haven't talked in over a month. Love Our Brothers? That tells me all I need to know.

He's not a guy I want to root for anymore. He's just not. The Seahawks had a huge part in making him. Not only that, but they rewarded with the richest SS contract in NFL history at the time. And he calls them petty? Maybe that was somehow taken out of context, but the only time that word should come out of his mouth is if he's describing his own behavior.

Stand strong, Hawks. Let's move forward with Dion; a guy that is genuinely happy to be a member of the Seattle Seahawks. Let's trust in PC's ability to coach him up. I'm damn good with that. I really am.

This ridiculous holdout has cost Chancellor nearly $2 million. I think it's time that Mr. Allen makes him get out his check book.

Seahawks 27, Rams 10. Welcome to the league, Dion.
Nicely said, I'm also moving on. His twitter and instagram posts are stupid. Talk about not really knowing who a person is until shit hits the fan. I'm relieved I didn't order his jersey. I'm pretty convinced he'll never play for the Seahawks again, but what I also hope is that they keep him under contract until its up.

Every person has a breaking point and I have a feeling thats what will eventually happen with Kam, unfortunately it will be too late.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
To think I was ready to buy a Chancellor Elite Jersey whenever it finally came out, not anymore.

Rob12

Reaction score
The gloves come off when you miss regular season games. Especially divisional games on the road.

Not because you're injured... But because of more millions.

Rob12

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1plajdpm said:
To think I was ready to buy a Chancellor Elite Jersey whenever it finally came out, not anymore.

I was close last year. So glad I didn't.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2gawm8ji said:
Is it possible Kam issuffering from mental illness?

You can call it whatever you want. However, the inability to understand "cause and effect" seems to be present here. I'm not restricting this to only the monetary aspect of his life, but also the relational aspects as well.

Rob12

Reaction score
And I hope those that think the fans have turned on Chancellor save their lectures. He has given us little choice and whether it's thinly veiled or not, he is throwing jabs at any and all persons who choose to support the team's stance over his. I think most fans were gracious in the beginning, but as this thing begins it's 43rd day and is now extending into the start of the regular season where every game matters a whole hell of a lot, people are fed up.

Chancellor apologists don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tzj1wuuw said:
Bigbadhawk":tzj1wuuw said:
I have noticed in this thread and some other Kam threads how a number of folks are assuming that Kam is getting bad advice from his agent or others. Where has it been acknowledge in print or audio because i would sure love a link for proof. It is just as easy to assume that this was Kams idea and his pride is what has kept him from backing down.

The proof that Kam's getting bad advice is the fact that;

1. He didn't get what he wanted
2. He's not in camp
3. He's about to lose millions in fines and missed game checks

Good advice is what Bennett's agent told him, tell the team you're unhappy, get into camp, have a kick ass season and reap the rewards next off season when you have more leverage.

Sorry but this proves nothing. Once again its someone here assuming Kam is getting bad advice. For all we know Kam has been dead set on this issue for his own reasons regardless what advice his agent and family give.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm tired of the "bad advice" angle. Kam is his own man. He's intelligent (some would disagree, but I think he is) and he is strong willed. It's what makes him the player he is. But he's dead wrong on this one and whether he sees it now or not, he's going to regret this soon enough.

Rob12

Reaction score
OK, so when will the Seahawks start demanding payment from the fines and his signing bonus?

That's the next step. Hope it happens soon.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rob12":3koty5wq said:
And I hope those that think the fans have turned on Chancellor save their lectures. He has given us little choice and whether it's thinly veiled or not, he is throwing jabs at any and all persons who choose to support the team's stance over his. I think most fans were gracious in the beginning, but as this thing begins it's 43rd day and is now extending into the start of the regular season where every game matters a whole hell of a lot, people are fed up.

well said..he could be the difference in winning another title or not if he is a season no show. hawks neede to let him rot for the season. hope bailey can take his job. this blaming the agent angle is ridiculous. blue and green goggled fans that dont want to admit that kam is screwing the team and the fans.

Rob12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":y1t9upfi said:
Rob12":y1t9upfi said:

well said..he could be the difference in winning another title or not if he is a season no show. hawks neede to let him rot for the season. hope bailey can take his job. this blaming the agent angle is ridiculous. blue and green goggled fans that dont want to admit that kam is screwing the team and the fans.

I think Dion can also be a star. He may not evoke the same fear in opposing receivers as Kam but with the current pieces in place on this defense. I think he can evolve into a damn good player. That's not a slight on Kam as I believe he is great, but this team can withstand him being around.

Torc

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1hf510q9 said:
Kam retweeted this about an hour ago...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Giavanni_Ruffin/status/642812859890692096[/tweet]

That doesn't seem like a guy who's planning to show up at the VMAC with his hat in hand.

He's right about maximizing opportunities. A good player who gets released has the opportunity to find out what he is worth to another organization. It's not like the Bears threw Jennings out on the street to beg for meals, or robbed him of any money that he had earned. He might not get a contract as high as what the Bears were going to pay him this year, but that just means he wasn't worth that kind of money to any team. Some players seem to have a grossly inflated idea of their worth to the team. Guaranteed dollars are a huge risk to a franchise - if a player gets injured or just doesn't feel like playing anymore (which we're starting to see happen) then the team gets screwed.

I know some people aren't sure if the quote from Paul Allen is real, but I'm suspecting it probably is. I've gotten the impression that the players kind of see Mr. Allen as a sugar daddy with limitless pockets (which he does pretty much have, got to admit) who will be happy to make all their financial dreams a reality. Somehow despite cap limitations and actual math each player is going to get "his share" of those billions. Sorry guys, it's still a business.

All that being said, I hope Kam decides to get his butt back with the team where he belongs. I'll forgive and forget real fast when I see him de-cleat a tight end or two.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is the part that bothers me the most. If the Hawks knew prior to the draft that this person was not going to honor his signed contract they could have possibly drafted that position and / or dealt with a F.A.

Now we have the situation of breaking in a new player, while the guy we thought we had locked up is pouting at home. Chancellor is NOT the man they thought they drafted.

London12

Reaction score
Never could I imagine a man like Kim Chancellor pouting about something like a 12 year old the way he is.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
One of the most popular arguments against the Seahawks ripping up the final three years of safety Kam Chancellor’s contract comes from the basic reality that he’s a box safety, and that the market for box safeties is a lot lower than the market for quarterbacks, cornerbacks, etc.

Earlier in the hour on NFL Network, former Seahawk Michael Robinson, who regularly communicates with Chancellor, floated a potentially compelling argument. Chancellor’s role extends well beyond what he does on the field, operating essentially as an extra coach. For example, Chancellor helps get guys like Marshawn Lynch (who wore Chancellor’s jersey to practice the other day) in the right frame of mind. Chancellor, as Robinson explained it, otherwise does things that would fall onto the shoulders of head coach Pete Carroll.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-safety/

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/643037064586510336[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/643037623032881152[/tweet]

TwilightError

Reaction score
Kam has put himself in a situation where he can't even save face as he eventually caves in. Maybe if he fires his agent and blames it on him.. Just sad. A stupid miscalculation from him, not understanding why the team just can't cave in on this.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
TwilightError":2gkzwbdl said:
Kam has put himself in a situation where he can't even save face as he eventually caves in. Maybe if he fires his agent and blames it on him.. Just sad. A stupid miscalculation from him, not understanding why the team just can't cave in on this.

I'm think the media spin has a lot to do with it, you don't want the reports sounding like Kam "won" the holdout because then it sets a bad precedent. I wouldn't be surprised if the reports about Paul Allen wanting to end the hold out is fake as well. I think it's smart to leak out that the owner wants negotiating to stop, so then it sounds like Kam is the one conceding if he decides to show up. Also, it allows PC&JS to basically say their hands are tied, and they can't negotiate anymore, it's either goona be take the deal we have or continue the hold out. Don't remember any other time Paul Allen made any decisions with player personnel, he usually leaves it up to the football people he hired...

It's essentially goona come back and bite the Hawks in the ass after 2016 when he wants to negotiate a new deal and has little to lose in a hold out in 2017 since they moved all his money. Imo, Kam has already "won" by getting to move 3m+ of his salary.

sc85sis

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":p92sofms said:
One of the most popular arguments against the Seahawks ripping up the final three years of safety Kam Chancellor’s contract comes from the basic reality that he’s a box safety, and that the market for box safeties is a lot lower than the market for quarterbacks, cornerbacks, etc.

Earlier in the hour on NFL Network, former Seahawk Michael Robinson, who regularly communicates with Chancellor, floated a potentially compelling argument. Chancellor’s role extends well beyond what he does on the field, operating essentially as an extra coach. For example, Chancellor helps get guys like Marshawn Lynch (who wore Chancellor’s jersey to practice the other day) in the right frame of mind. Chancellor, as Robinson explained it, otherwise does things that would fall onto the shoulders of head coach Pete Carroll.

Being a locker room leader and "extra coach" is not a reason to ignore the realities of salary cap constraints or the contract under which you have three years remaining, Kam.

I can't help wondering if Mike Rob and his situation is part of what has lead to Kam being obsessed with getting his money now.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
sc85sis":1s4aumc9 said:
dontbelikethat":1s4aumc9 said:

Being a locker room leader and "extra coach" is not a reason to ignore the realities of salary cap constraints or the contract under which you have three years remaining, Kam.

I can't help wondering if Mike Rob and his situation is part of what has lead to Kam being obsessed with getting his money now.

Yeah I heard Mike Rob say all those things and was thinking the same thing. He says he talks to Kam everyday and if he is filling his head with this BS then he certainly isn't doing the Seahawks any favors.