Report: Kaepernick, Niners to part ways after season

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zvvwqv7 said:
rideaducati":2zvvwqv7 said:
Marvin49":2zvvwqv7 said:
rideaducati":2zvvwqv7 said:
Even in 2012 Kaep wasn't accurate on his WHOPPING 19 passes over 20 yards...his receivers bailed him out on most of them. We went through this back then and you're still blabbering on about it...deadly my ass. He is only accurate when he has zero pressure and his receiver is standing deadly still and he can wind up and throw his only pitch which is a 95mph fastball. Watching him trying to hit a moving target is a drinking game in which you get drunk REALLY quick when drinking on every missed target.

LOL. Yeah...because he's never hit a moving target before.

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-a.gif

vernon-davis-td-catch-and-wall-crash.gif

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

...and there are several more I just can't find gifs for. like the one at the 10 second mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyypCZG7K4

Look...I know you hate Kap. I know you think he soundly sucks in all aspects of his game and lord knows he hasn't played well lately...but saying stuff like "he can't hit a moving target" is just nonsense.

It's not that I don't like Kaepernick, he just isn't very good. Even in those gifs he has receivers bail him out or are hardly moving. He gets lucky on some passes and actually DOES hit moving targets, but more often than not he misses them if they are moving.

Keep believing Marvin...keep believing.

I guess your definition of "receivers bail him out" is "catch a ball that hits them in the hands".

I could explain bailing him out to you, but you'll NEVER see it because you want so badly to believe Kaepernick is a good QB. Keep believing Marvin... I'll be here to remind you that I told you so.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":m5pk4xk1 said:
Marvin49":m5pk4xk1 said:
rideaducati":m5pk4xk1 said:
Marvin49":m5pk4xk1 said:
LOL. Yeah...because he's never hit a moving target before.

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-a.gif

vernon-davis-td-catch-and-wall-crash.gif

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

...and there are several more I just can't find gifs for. like the one at the 10 second mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyypCZG7K4

Look...I know you hate Kap. I know you think he soundly sucks in all aspects of his game and lord knows he hasn't played well lately...but saying stuff like "he can't hit a moving target" is just nonsense.

It's not that I don't like Kaepernick, he just isn't very good. Even in those gifs he has receivers bail him out or are hardly moving. He gets lucky on some passes and actually DOES hit moving targets, but more often than not he misses them if they are moving.

I guess your definition of "receivers bail him out" is "catch a ball that hits them in the hands".

I could explain bailing him out to you, but you'll NEVER see it because you want so badly to believe Kaepernick is a good QB. Keep believing Marvin... I'll be here to remind you that I told you so.

Nice punt.

I never even said in this thread that he was good. I said your assertion that he can't hit a moving target was bogus. Keep taking hacks at the straw man Ride, I'll be here to remind you you're wrong.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":17usvida said:
rideaducati":17usvida said:
Marvin49":17usvida said:
rideaducati":17usvida said:

Nice punt.

I never even said in this thread that he was good. I said your assertion that he can't hit a moving target was bogus. Keep taking hacks at the straw man Ride, I'll be here to remind you you're wrong.

Go back and watch the games again with my premise in mind. Back when niner fans believed he was the greatest QB in the World, he was hitting receivers on curl and stop routes in open spots in zone coverage. The majority of his misses came when he needed to have some touch and/or needed to hit a moving target. Throwing 95mph passes doesn't leave much room for error when aiming at a moving target. There were A LOT of those 95mph passes to WIDE OPEN receivers standing still that yards after the catch were nonexistent because the guy standing still had to contort himself just to be able to catch the ball too.

Kaepernick isn't accurate and I don't believe he ever will be. That is a bad problem to have as an NFL QB. Sure, he can hit a moving target every now and then, but he can't do it consistently...blind squirrel/nut...even Kaep finds a moving target every now and then.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1jxwqwys said:
Marvin49":1jxwqwys said:
rideaducati":1jxwqwys said:
Marvin49":1jxwqwys said:

Nice punt.

Go back and watch the games again with my premise in mind. Back when niner fans believed he was the greatest QB in the World, he was hitting receivers on curl and stop routes in open spots in zone coverage. The majority of his misses came when he needed to have some touch and/or needed to hit a moving target. Throwing 95mph passes doesn't leave much room for error when aiming at a moving target. There were A LOT of those 95mph passes to WIDE OPEN receivers standing still that yards after the catch were nonexistent because the guy standing still had to contort himself just to be able to catch the ball too.

Kaepernick isn't accurate and I don't believe he ever will be. That is a bad problem to have as an NFL QB. Sure, he can hit a moving target every now and then, but he can't do it consistently...blind squirrel/nut...even Kaep finds a moving target every now and then.

1) Its not on me to prove YOUR point.
2) Yes, they did run a number of those routes (as all teams do) but they also ran patterns that forced him to hit moving targets. ALOT.
3) I don't need to go back an watch all those games because I've watched every one of them several times already.

I'm not going to sit here and say he's been a very accurate QB, but you are way over-stating the "can't hit a moving target" BS.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":v4oynfjg said:
rideaducati":v4oynfjg said:
Marvin49":v4oynfjg said:
rideaducati":v4oynfjg said:

Nice punt.

1) Its not on me to prove YOUR point.
2) Yes, they did run a number of those routes (as all teams do) but they also ran patterns that forced him to hit moving targets. ALOT.
3) I don't need to go back an watch all those games because I've watched every one of them several times already.

I'm not going to sit here and say he's been a very accurate QB, but you are way over-stating the "can't hit a moving target" BS.

It's not that he can't hit a moving target, it's that he has a lot of trouble hitting moving targets. There is no better way to say it. I've watched the games several times each too and that is what is there...plain as day.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1jljcjc8 said:
I've watched the games several times each too and that is what is there...plain as day.

You've watched all of Kaepernick's games several times? Why? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Nobody in their right mind would believe you about that.

IMO Kaepernick's not nearly as good as some 9ers fans like to think he is, nor will Kelly be able to change him as much as they hope he can.

On the other side of the coin however, he's not nearly as bad as some 9ers fans and Ducati insist he is, nor will Kelly not be entirely incapable of getting more out of him than Geep Chryst (lol), should he choose to give him a go (which personally I'm totally agnostic on; F Kelly).

Kaepernick is one of those fan-litmus test players at the QB position IMO, in there with guys like Stafford, Cutler, Hoyer, Fitzgerald, and Alex Smith.

If someone can't sincerely name some passing related things that he excels at as a listener you should be suspicious, just as if someone can't sincerely name some major passing related deficiencies that he has you should be equally suspicious.

While this is probably true for 90% of all NFL players, it gets wildly exacerbated at the QB position, for which everyone seemingly must be "elite" or a hindrance.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":104cq48l said:
rideaducati":104cq48l said:
I've watched the games several times each too and that is what is there...plain as day.

IMO Kaepernick's not nearly as good as some 9ers fans like to think he is, nor will Kelly be able to change him as much as they hope he can.

On the other side of the coin however, he's not nearly as bad as some 9ers fans and Ducati insist he is, nor will Kelly not be entirely incapable of getting more out of him than Geep Chryst (lol), should he choose to give him a go (which personally I'm totally agnostic on; F Kelly).

Kaepernick is one of those fan-litmus test players at the QB position IMO, in there with guys like Stafford, Cutler, Hoyer, Fitzgerald, and Alex Smith.

If someone can't sincerely name some passing related things that he excels at as a listener you should be suspicious, just as if someone can't sincerely name some major passing related deficiencies that he has you should be equally suspicious.

While this is probably true for 90% of all NFL players, it gets wildly exacerbated at the QB position, for which everyone seemingly must be "elite" or a hindrance.

NFL Game Rewind and a long off-season. I watch most of the games from every team. The niners were a rival, so I watched them more closely.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2frydach said:
rideaducati":2frydach said:

:SHOCKER:

I couldn't agree more. :)

I'm not freakin' blind. I can see how badly he's regressed the last few years. Whats at odds now is what CAUSED the regression. Is it defenses caught up and he hasn't adjested? Is it that he's had a very poor offensive scheme? Is he now thinking too much and is suffereing from "paralisys through analisys"? Was he simply never any good and it was a mirage?

I think the answer in small ways was yes to all of the above. He was protected early on in Romans offense by the strong run game and heavy play action off of it. He was living on those mid-range darts (some to moving targets believe it or not).

Then they tried to adjust away from the zone-read and ran less and less playaction and tried to make him into a pocket QB who could run. Results were very, very bad. He's not that. He'll never be that. Thats OK.

I'm not suggesting that Kap is Wilson, but for all the complants about Bevell as your OC, he's stuck with the zone-read as a staple of the offense to great effect. The THREAT of Wilson holding the ball on those plays eliminates a defender and give Marshawn what makes him the most deadly. Space.

We are seeing it again now in Carolina with Cam. The difference with Chip is that the whole thing is on hyperdrive. Easy, defined throws might be just the thing that saves Kap. Or, if he's incapable of making even those reads or make those throws...they're done.

I think that if there is ANYONE who can fix Kap its Chip Kelly, but that is a long way from saying Chip WILL fix Kap. I simply think he's the first guy in a long time who might have a workable plan for him and an offense he can thrive in. Maybe. I actually REALLY liked Roman and would take him back in a hearbeat...as a RUN Game Coordinator. Keep him away from the passing game. Chryst? .....oi.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Kaepernick can definitely throw with the best of them. He's got a great arm. I remember watching that pass to Vernon against the Bucs live and thinking it was one of the better throws I have seen. It was just a rocket that was a perfect bulls-eye.

Kaepernick has many flaws, but arm strength and hitting a moving target aren't on the list.

I don't get why we can't acknowledge when a player we dislike has some good qualities.

SF49r

Reaction score
I miss that great o-line we had, probably one of the biggest reasons for kaepernicks regression.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/694661888362172416[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/694662580187504640[/tweet]

NINEster

Reaction score
Ducati is a massive homer.

He'd rather have an old Ducati 900SS over a new Aprilia RSV4 Factory just because it's a Ducati. I cannot recall one legitimate compliment or neutral statement of the 49ers team in any fashion. Everything is pro Hawks without fail.

When I look at Kap's best highlights I see better throws than Wilson makes. Wilson makes a nicer arched throw to the sidelines....the 50/50 jump ball. Fine.

But for throws into traffic, Wilson never wowed anyone. I mean, the last time he really threw into traffic......

Every highlight I've seen of Wilson this year essentially is a pretty wide open receiver due to nice scheme or the WRs making a nice double move. Bevell went A+ the second half of this season....

And how ironic to call Kap's receivers wide open...

You know what a Russell Wilson highlight film looks like?

A WR THIS OPEN because Wilson just bought an hour scrambling.

Without such a play, do the Hawks even score a touchdown in Minnesota a few weeks ago? LOL.

And the one time Kap had to make such a play to save a game.....he threw the ball a mile across his body to Crabtree in New Orleans. It wasn't some 20 yard throw.

I love the idea that the 12s think they are playing with house money, that they have Dan Marino and Joe Montana combined in this conversation, and Kap is Kenneth Dorsey on a bad day.

Nice pro bowl there Wilson, he's elite. :th2thumbs:

Carroll, Lynch in his prime.....that ultimately worked out better than Harbaugh and an older Gore.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":3g80skmc said:

He'd rather have an old Ducati 900SS over a new Aprilia RSV4 Factory just because it's a Ducati. I cannot recall one legitimate compliment or neutral statement of the 49ers team in any fashion. Everything is pro Hawks without fail.

When I look at Kap's best highlights I see better throws than Wilson makes. Wilson makes a nicer arched throw to the sidelines....the 50/50 jump ball. Fine.

But for throws into traffic, Wilson never wowed anyone. I mean, the last time he really threw into traffic......

Every highlight I've seen of Wilson this year essentially is a pretty wide open receiver due to nice scheme or the WRs making a nice double move. Bevell went A+ the second half of this season....

Without such a play, do the Hawks even score a touchdown in Minnesota a few weeks ago? LOL.

And the one time Kap had to make such a play to save a game.....he threw the ball a mile across his body to Crabtree in New Orleans. It wasn't some 20 yard throw.

I love the idea that the 12s think they are playing with house money, that they have Dan Marino and Joe Montana combined in this conversation, and Kap is Kenneth Dorsey on a bad day.

Carroll, Lynch in his prime.....that ultimately worked out better than Harbaugh and an older Gore.

Nice to know that there are a few Niner fans that think the Kraepper is still better than Wilson. I know ya'll still existed. 8)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3puia2sl said:
NINEster":3puia2sl said:

Nice to know that there are a few Niner fans that think the Kraepper is still better than Wilson. I know ya'll still existed. 8)

I just watched a few Wilson highlight videos on youtube and a bunch of them feature Wilson running for his life because he gets pressure as soon as he gets the ball.

Dont know how anyone could say Wilson doesnt make amazing throws. His ball placement most of the time is amazing. Also for not having a real cannon arm he is probably one of the best deep ball throwers in the entire league as well as being perhaps the best QB at throwing on the run I have ever seen, although you could argue Rodgers is pretty damn good at it too.

One of the throws he make in regards to ball placement that comes to mind immediately is this one

[youtube]qoeeUt-q5Po[/youtube]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15rv8il6 said:
NINEster":15rv8il6 said:

Seriously dude, just quit while you're way behind.

Latest posts