Report: Kaepernick, Niners to part ways after season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":3txufkbz said:
Uncle Si":3txufkbz said:
Marvin,

Where do you see the "some opposing GMs" comments regarding Kaep and Chip? Just curious. Would be very interesting if GMs were making comments, either pro or negative, in regards to a situation not linked directly to their team.

Hawkscanner":3txufkbz said:
I was listening to a national sports radio show today (think it was JT "the Brick" at that point. It was just what happened to be on) ... and the host had some extremely interesting comments about Kaepernick. He said that he had talked to several GM's around the league ... and the prevailing opinion is that Kaepernick is going to be a BIG TIME hit in Chip Kelly's system. He went on to add that they felt that these fellow GM's wouldn't be surprised if Trent Baalke ends up with Executive of the Year next season. They believe Kaepernick is going to be that big of a hit. Keep in mind that wasn't the host's opinion -- he reiterated that is the opinion of several current GM's around the league. Take that FWIW. We'll see.

and

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... dy-krueger

Nothing specific or quoted though? Most of this seems like posturing and spoon fed..

Baalke goes from 5-11 to Exec of the Year?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16wvpe7u said:
Marvin49":16wvpe7u said:
Uncle Si":16wvpe7u said:
Marvin,

Where do you see the "some opposing GMs" comments regarding Kaep and Chip? Just curious. Would be very interesting if GMs were making comments, either pro or negative, in regards to a situation not linked directly to their team.

Hawkscanner":16wvpe7u said:
I was listening to a national sports radio show today (think it was JT "the Brick" at that point. It was just what happened to be on) ... and the host had some extremely interesting comments about Kaepernick. He said that he had talked to several GM's around the league ... and the prevailing opinion is that Kaepernick is going to be a BIG TIME hit in Chip Kelly's system. He went on to add that they felt that these fellow GM's wouldn't be surprised if Trent Baalke ends up with Executive of the Year next season. They believe Kaepernick is going to be that big of a hit. Keep in mind that wasn't the host's opinion -- he reiterated that is the opinion of several current GM's around the league. Take that FWIW. We'll see.

and

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... dy-krueger

Nothing specific or quoted though? Most of this seems like posturing and spoon fed..

Baalke goes from 5-11 to Exec of the Year?

Thats kinda what happened in 2011.

Dunno...that was posted by another poster here who heard the interview (it's on page one of this thread). There are direct quotes from DCs there in that link tho. "Straight Freddie Krueger". IE, a nightmare for defenses.

I think that's probably overstating a bit. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That contract was signed by what we now (and all along suspected) know was a very immature young man. Coincidentally the same young man that is very likely disgrunteled with his FO and has no problem putting himself first.

I believe Ballke gave him 2 options. A low ball offer in line with his limitations and lack of development or a highball that show cased his ceiling offer that had outs for the team. He took the high profile offer and soaked up the few days of believing he was the highest paid QB ever until the details came out.

Everything about that contract smelled bad and now we see why. His agent is probably driving that point home to him now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":xkangnhy said:
That contract was signed by what we now (and all along suspected) know was a very immature young man. Coincidentally the same young man that is very likely disgrunteled with his FO and has no problem putting himself first.

I believe Ballke gave him 2 options. A low ball offer in line with his limitations and lack of development or a highball that show cased his ceiling offer that had outs for the team. He took the high profile offer and soaked up the few days of believing he was the highest paid QB ever until the details came out.

Everything about that contract smelled bad and now we see why. His agent is probably driving that point home to him now.

Again...who knows.

Everyone is making a big deal though out of the April 1st deadline but I really think that's a red herring.

They are set to be about 50 mil under the cap so $$$$ really isn't an issue. He didn't meet a few of the terms in his contract, so the contract de-escalated. His cap # for next year is around 11 mil...which really isn't all that bad on a 153 mil cap. They can also realize significant space letting Brooks and Bethea go...so even if they WANTED to release him pre April 1st, its really not an issue to keep him.

If they want to trade him, April 1st isn't an issue either. The contract will be guaranteed by whomevers roster he's on, not the 49ers specifically. They could trade and restructure, straight trade, etc.

I don't think either a release or a trade will happen, but I also don't think they are really sweating the April 1st date.

My guess is he'll get his shot to start. As will Gabbert. I think they'll bring in a drafted guy too but not a 1st round pick.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Thanks Marvin...

I think direct quotes from a GM would have been telling...It would mean (to me) that there was discussion over what Kaep's future is and possibly gauging his availability.

I can't see SF giving up on him this year with a new coach.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":p7oh7x17 said:
RichNhansom":p7oh7x17 said:

Again...who knows.

Everyone is making a big deal though out of the April 1st deadline but I really think that's a red herring.

They are set to be about 50 mil under the cap so $$$$ really isn't an issue. He didn't meet a few of the terms in his contract, so the contract de-escalated. His cap # for next year is around 11 mil...which really isn't all that bad on a 153 mil cap. They can also realize significant space letting Brooks and Bethea go...so even if they WANTED to release him pre April 1st, its really not an issue to keep him.

If they want to trade him, April 1st isn't an issue either. The contract will be guaranteed by whomevers roster he's on, not the 49ers specifically. They could trade and restructure, straight trade, etc.

I don't think either a release or a trade will happen, but I also don't think they are really sweating the April 1st date.

My guess is he'll get his shot to start. As will Gabbert. I think they'll bring in a drafted guy too but not a 1st round pick.

Agreed you guys are in a great cap position and carrying Kap's contract wouldn't really change that. I'm more curious about how they decide to move forward.

Kap wasn't Ballke's guy he supposedly was Harbaugh's so if that is true then it makes you wonder how much belief Ballke has in Kaep. If he believes in his ceiling then I could see them trying to give him another chance with Kelly.

The problem is if Kaep fails again, what prevents him from going Caddy Shack again? He will have proven without question he is not worth even the 11 mill so a trade is out and then what is his cap hit for 2017? Because he wouldn't sniff it in FA.

I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out because if they gamble on recovery they also gamble on fake injuries and if they did jump on the opportunity to release him by getting him to believe he has a shot and passing a physical, then they gamble that another team doesn't grab him and get him back to looking like a steal.

It's a tough spot to be in for Ballke and goes back to previous conversations of having that guy that always shows potential but never reaches it. Ultimately it becomes the worst kind of draft pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are going to say the right things and talk him up, you don't try to sell damaged goods.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2kqszyws said:
chris98251":2kqszyws said:
Kelly's system needs a QB that can think quickly, Kaep's problem isn't that he is stupid, or lacking athletic ability, he doesn't process information fast and have that become action. That's why I don't think he will thrive, it's also why Gabbert looked better.

Maybe...but I dunno if its that he's not processing or that he doesn't trust what he sees and has become crippled with fear of the turnover.

Thats pretty much what happened to Alex Smith.

Kap didn't play badly against the Vikings last year, actually looked pretty decent in Pitt while the D was getting shredded...

...but he was never the same after those INTS early against the Cardinals. Its like he was shell-shocked. All of the sudden he was doing things he'd never done like throwing the ball into the ground 3 feet in front of a RB and airmailing passes 10 feet over guys heads.

I'm not saying he was ever uber-accurate, but in 2012 he was the highest rated passer in the NFL on passes over 20 yards. He was deadly on those mid range darts.

Last year, he seemed totally unwilling to make those throws because he didn't trust his eyes anymore.

Dunno if that can be fixed.

Even in 2012 Kaep wasn't accurate on his WHOPPING 19 passes over 20 yards...his receivers bailed him out on most of them. We went through this back then and you're still blabbering on about it...deadly my ass. He is only accurate when he has zero pressure and his receiver is standing deadly still and he can wind up and throw his only pitch which is a 95mph fastball. Watching him trying to hit a moving target is a drinking game in which you get drunk REALLY quick when drinking on every missed target.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3t5fh7u3 said:
Marvin49":3t5fh7u3 said:
chris98251":3t5fh7u3 said:
Kelly's system needs a QB that can think quickly, Kaep's problem isn't that he is stupid, or lacking athletic ability, he doesn't process information fast and have that become action. That's why I don't think he will thrive, it's also why Gabbert looked better.

Maybe...but I dunno if its that he's not processing or that he doesn't trust what he sees and has become crippled with fear of the turnover.

Kap didn't play badly against the Vikings last year, actually looked pretty decent in Pitt while the D was getting shredded...

...but he was never the same after those INTS early against the Cardinals. Its like he was shell-shocked. All of the sudden he was doing things he'd never done like throwing the ball into the ground 3 feet in front of a RB and airmailing passes 10 feet over guys heads.

I'm not saying he was ever uber-accurate, but in 2012 he was the highest rated passer in the NFL on passes over 20 yards. He was deadly on those mid range darts.

Last year, he seemed totally unwilling to make those throws because he didn't trust his eyes anymore.

Even in 2012 Kaep wasn't accurate on his WHOPPING 19 passes over 20 yards...his receivers bailed him out on most of them. We went through this back then and you're still blabbering on about it...deadly my ass. He is only accurate when he has zero pressure and his receiver is standing deadly still and he can wind up and throw his only pitch which is a 95mph fastball. Watching him trying to hit a moving target is a drinking game in which you get drunk REALLY quick when drinking on every missed target.

LOL. Yeah...because he's never hit a moving target before.

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

colin-kaepernick-to-vernon-davis-against-dallas-a.gif

vernon-davis-td-catch-and-wall-crash.gif

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

...and there are several more I just can't find gifs for. like the one at the 10 second mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyypCZG7K4

Look...I know you hate Kap. I know you think he soundly sucks in all aspects of his game and lord knows he hasn't played well lately...but saying stuff like "he can't hit a moving target" is just nonsense.

randomation

Reaction score
Marvin49":3q33f9ou said:
rideaducati":3q33f9ou said:
Marvin49":3q33f9ou said:
chris98251":3q33f9ou said:

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

...and there are several more I just can't find gifs for. like the one at the 10 second mark here:

Look...I know you hate Kap. I know you think he soundly sucks in all aspects of his game and lord knows he hasn't played well lately...but saying stuff like "he can't hit a moving target" is just nonsense.

But here is the only one that matters

MichaelCrabtree sherman

Marvin49

Reaction score
randomation":2u3hpagl said:
Marvin49":2u3hpagl said:
rideaducati":2u3hpagl said:
Marvin49":2u3hpagl said:

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

But here is the only one that matters

MichaelCrabtree sherman

True...because we all know one pass makes or breaks a career...

PATSPATSPATS0

Apologies to other 'hawk fans, but if yer gonna troll don't make it so easy to respond. That was WAY too easy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j2fh54e said:
rideaducati":3j2fh54e said:
Marvin49":3j2fh54e said:
chris98251":3j2fh54e said:

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

It's not that I don't like Kaepernick, he just isn't very good. Even in those gifs he has receivers bail him out or are hardly moving. He gets lucky on some passes and actually DOES hit moving targets, but more often than not he misses them if they are moving.

Keep believing Marvin...keep believing.

randomation

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j1flp24 said:
Apologies to other 'hawk fans, but if yer gonna troll don't make it so easy to respond. That was WAY too easy.

Feel free to link one against the niners the point was that it was against the hawks.

Course if you want to play ...

SBdrive 3

Throw to blue and you win the superbowl.

SF49r

Reaction score
randomation":1a7wpctq said:
Marvin49":1a7wpctq said:

Feel free to link one against the niners the point was that it was against the hawks.

SBdrive 3

ugh this one hurts

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1l29o34g said:
Marvin49":1l29o34g said:
rideaducati":1l29o34g said:
Marvin49":1l29o34g said:

GTFO.

colin2.gif

SAPRY

VernonDavisTD61yards

GwpMVR1

Crab1k

2014 11 0911 07 52

Braloyd00

kaepernick-boldin.gif

It's not that I don't like Kaepernick, he just isn't very good. Even in those gifs he has receivers bail him out or are hardly moving. He gets lucky on some passes and actually DOES hit moving targets, but more often than not he misses them if they are moving.

Keep believing Marvin...keep believing.

I guess your definition of "receivers bail him out" is "catch a ball that hits them in the hands".

Marvin49

Reaction score
randomation":9xx5ek6r said:
Marvin49":9xx5ek6r said:

SBdrive 3

Still trollin' I see.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1nfuzkc6 said:
randomation":1nfuzkc6 said:
Marvin49":1nfuzkc6 said:

SBdrive 3

Still trollin' I see.
You might want to trend lightly on the trolling accusations. Just because someone bests you in an argument/debate doesn't mean they are trolling.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1urrzma4 said:
Marvin49":1urrzma4 said:
randomation":1urrzma4 said:
Marvin49":1urrzma4 said:

SBdrive 3

Still trollin' I see.
You might want to trend lightly on the trolling accusations. Just because someone bests you in an argument/debate doesn't mean they are trolling.

You are 100% correct. That would NOT be trolling.

Ya know what is? Responding to a post about Kap being able to hit moving targets with "the only one that matters" and a picture of the play that lost the NFCCG.

That's trolling. He didn't do it to make a point. He did it to troll. That's the definition of the word and why I used it as I did.

Ya know what else is? I gif of Wilsons SB INT. That was ME trolling in response...and apologizing to all OTHER 'hawk fans in the process.

Latest posts