Report: Abraham, Seahawks close

The Radish

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":31h2nqj3 said:
The Radish":31h2nqj3 said:
Me also. So many people are making decisions not based on facts and also not thinking of how much the cap goes up next year.

I have a hard time understanding why people start crossing bridges we can't even see yet and may never see.

:141847_bnono:
Yeah it's like Sonny Bono and that tree. Best not to go down that road yet.

So you're advocating we worry about anything that COULD happen in the next 5 years?

:roll:

aawolf

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about this development. I love watching Abraham play, as he has a knack for causing disruptions in the backfield. I'm nervous about the fact that Atlanta, who needs to keep his pass-rushing skills, is willing to cut him. He may be more injured than we know. When a team cuts a player as good and consistant as Abraham, you know there is more to the story than just cap space.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Abraham is an east coast guy. He's coming back to the ATL. Sorry y'all.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2a45nvfe said:

He might be. But his only 2 visits in FA so far have been out west... If either the 49ers or Seahawks are willing to give him more than the Falcons, it would be worth his while to spend a year or two out west. He'd still have a damn good shot at a championship with either club.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2b5nlz4v said:

No, the Falcons released him. He must not have wanted to restructure his contract, otherwise they wouldn't have cut him

The Radish

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1yt70yuq said:
Dirty Bird":1yt70yuq said:

No, the Falcons released him. He must not have wanted to restructure his contract, otherwise they wouldn't have cut him

He's probably tired of all that humidity which won't be a problem in Seattle.

8)

grizbob

Reaction score
The Radish":qfuctzy8 said:
Jerhawk":qfuctzy8 said:
Dirty Bird":qfuctzy8 said:

He's probably tired of all that humidity which won't be a problem in Seattle.

8)

So... you're saying 100 percent humidity @ 40 degrees is better than 80 percent @ 80 degrees? :D

mikeak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2i8ml8yo said:
Dirty Bird":2i8ml8yo said:

This is how it is done. You release a guy - he tests the waters to see what he gets on the market if he doesn't get more than what Atlanta was willing to offer in a revised deal then he is very likely to re-sign with Atlanta if he likes the team and the city.

If a deal good enough to move is out there they take it. A team cutting a guy doesn't mean he doesn't re-sign there.

Like Leon Washington if we wanted him back at $1 million and he was offered no more than $1.05 by other teams then I am pretty sure he comes back

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
grizbob":276dsixt said:
So... you're saying 100 percent humidity @ 40 degrees is better than 80 percent @ 80 degrees? :D
Yes (and I don't like the weather here in the NW.....but damn that heat and humidity combo is even worse)

GO ZAGS!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":tde9msh9 said:
we are really putting alot of chips in for this year b/c we aren't going to have alot of cap room next year unless guys are going to restructure. we really need to win a Superbowl this year
Ditching Flynn's salary would help.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2yhnlppy said:
So this means, he might be going to SF.

Yeah I dont see the Hawks signing him now that Avril is in the fold. Unless he wants to take a very cheap deal.

I think he ends up a 49er now.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'd still take Abraham depending on the deal he wants. Dude is 35 and probably not getting a ton of looks. If he can be had cheap he'd be excellent depth.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think we are good at DE, now. I like Abraham but he shoulda' signed with us when he had the chance a few years back (Sorry sucka'!). On the D side, I hope our main focus going forward is DT and LB.