Replacing Tate, Bryant and McDonald

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":340dgqqh said:
Against the Vikes, they took Harvin out after his 58 yard return because he experienced "stiffness" they also showed sideline shots of trainers stretching him out... he came back after 4 months ... it was too early but he wanted a chance to go against his former team.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think Harvin complained about stiffness until the next day. But that's neither here nor there. I might buy the 'came back too early' argument if it wasn't followed by Pete's interview stating that they were considering putting him on IR, his statement indicating it wasn't a physical issue, and Harvin's coming back within 5 hours of that veiled threat.

It's not a point worth arguing. It's water under the bridge at this point. All I am saying is that there is justifiable reasons to raise our eyebrows with regards to Harvin's motivation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess he totally lacked so called motivation working hard to come back on 4 months recovery on surgery that takes at least 6 months to year, if not more to typically recover from.

That's such a lack of motivation. It was the coaches who shutdown Harvin in the Vikings game not Harvin.

And I think you misinterpreted Carroll, I doubt he would publicly state and give a player an ultimatum, in my opinion it was more like this is the end of the road for Harvin's timetable... if he can't practice for the Play-offs and run plays... then there is no use to keep him active when there were healthier bodies that could practice and play.

And maybe what you call lack of motivation, at the same time could possibly called toughness and strength... pushing himself harder when maybe he wasn't 100% so he could contribute and be a part of the Superbowl push.

The guy took a couple of vicious hits vs the Saints, got knocked out, it certainly wasn't a lack of motivation to comeback onto the playing field where finally another vicious headshot shelved him for the day.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":159h4ud2 said:
Yeah, I guess he totally lacked so called motivation working hard to come back on 4 months recovery on surgery that takes at least 6 months to year, if not more to typically recover from.

That's such a lack of motivation. It was the coaches who shutdown Harvin in the Vikings game not Harvin.

And I think you misinterpreted Carroll, I doubt he would publicly state and give a player an ultimatum, in my opinion it was more like this is the end of the road for Harvin's timetable... if he can't practice for the Play-offs and run plays... then there is no use to keep him active when there were healthier bodies that could practice and play.

And maybe what you call lack of motivation, at the same time could possibly called toughness and strength... pushing himself harder when maybe he wasn't 100% so he could contribute and be a part of the Superbowl push.

The guy took a couple of vicious hits vs the Saints, got knocked out, it certainly wasn't a lack of motivation to comeback onto the playing field where finally another vicious headshot shelved him for the day.

It's not just me that "misinterpreted Carroll".

"Carroll said, via the team’s website, “that may happen” when he was asked whether the team would need to make a roster move involving Harvin. They aren’t likely to cut the wideout, which leaves a trip to injured reserve that would end Harvin’s season before the postseason gets underway."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-reserve/

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Again, its just context... imo its sounds like Carroll was going to shelve him because he wanted a body that could actually practice and play and be dependable in elimination football.

It had nothing to do with Harvin lacking motivation... he just wanted Harvin to make it through a practice without any setbacks. If he wasn't ready then yeah they would have I.R.'d him.

But again Harvin tried to come back after 4 months, he made it back in 5 months, still ahead of the smallest time table of rehab time of six months... unfortunately the Saints planned to play rough taking vicious hits on our WRs knocked Harvin out until the SB.

The SB pretty much marked 6 months post surgery for Harvin and he absolutely put on a show with his surreal athletic ability.

And Harvin will be fine, I just don't think you can determine a lack of motivation... the guy has the heart of a champion... when the Seahawks sprained his ankle back in 2012... he was limping and fighting through it still trying to help his team win.

If his motivation isn't helping this team win... it definitely will be the money... and if he doesn't put in the work (like Wilson will even give him a chance not to) the Seahawks will just move on from his contract and take their losses.

But I think Harvin loves the culture, loves the fans, loves Wilson, loves winning, and loves money and he'll be motivated enough to put in the work each day.

And he'll be plenty rested to have a breakout year playing the equivalent of about 2 games in what will be a 17 month period in August.

Throwdown

Reaction score
A lot of people don't know or realize because it wasn't publicized, and I've only heard Danny O'neil mention it once and it was at the peak of the fan frustration. Percy didn't just get his labrum fixed in his hip, he pretty much got the entire thing redone, so his rehabs weren't like what we think they'd be. This dude was trying to learn how move with an entirely new hip. I guess during his combine they saw the abnormality in his hip, it wasn't bad obviously if he got drafted as early as he did. So in my obviously unknowing mind, they redid his hip to prevent future injury.

So wouldn't it be natural to feel some pain when trying to get used to something like that?

Of course if O'Neil was right about all this, I mean he'd know.

Edit...
Here's an article I just found: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... y/2605795/

IMO, Percy got something's worked on, prior to these last two seasons, Percy has only been on the injury report 2 weeks his entire career! I have no concerns over Percy, I believe he'll be a full contributor this coming season now that he's 100% healthy.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Again, its just context... imo its sounds like Carroll was going to shelve him because he wanted a body that could actually practice and play and be dependable in elimination football.

It had nothing to do with Harvin lacking motivation... he just wanted Harvin to make it through a practice without any setbacks. If he wasn't ready then yeah they would have I.R.'d him.

But again Harvin tried to come back after 4 months, he made it back in 5 months, still ahead of the smallest time table of rehab time of six months... unfortunately the Saints planned to play rough taking vicious hits on our WRs knocked Harvin out until the SB.

The SB pretty much marked 6 months post surgery for Harvin and he absolutely put on a show with his surreal athletic ability.

And Harvin will be fine, I just don't think you can determine a lack of motivation... the guy has the heart of a champion... when the Seahawks sprained his ankle back in 2012... he was limping and fighting through it still trying to help his team win.

If his motivation isn't helping this team win... it definitely will be the money... and if he doesn't put in the work (like Wilson will even give him a chance not to) the Seahawks will just move on from his contract and take their losses.

But I think Harvin loves the culture, loves the fans, loves Wilson, loves winning, and loves money and he'll be motivated enough to put in the work each day.

And he'll be plenty rested to have a breakout year playing the equivalent of about 2 games in what will be a 17 month period in August.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
RiverDog":2vrmj8tf said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2vrmj8tf said:
Against the Vikes, they took Harvin out after his 58 yard return because he experienced "stiffness" they also showed sideline shots of trainers stretching him out... he came back after 4 months ... it was too early but he wanted a chance to go against his former team.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think Harvin complained about stiffness until the next day. But that's neither here nor there. I might buy the 'came back too early' argument if it wasn't followed by Pete's interview stating that they were considering putting him on IR, his statement indicating it wasn't a physical issue, and Harvin's coming back within 5 hours of that veiled threat.

It's not a point worth arguing. It's water under the bridge at this point. All I am saying is that there is justifiable reasons to raise our eyebrows with regards to Harvin's motivation.

Due to HIPAA, I won't go into details, but I will say that Harvin had legitimate medical reasons to be out for the time that he was after the Vikings game.

Your posts are really offensive and you should probably not make assumptions about someone else's health.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":1q5g6tys said:
IMO, Percy got something's worked on, prior to these last two seasons, Percy has only been on the injury report 2 weeks his entire career! I have no concerns over Percy, I believe he'll be a full contributor this coming season now that he's 100% healthy.
This, this and this.

Spot on throwdown

RiverDog

Reaction score
I am not making assumptions about anyone's health. All I am saying is that Pete's obvious contemplation of putting him on the IR and Harvin's sudden availability just a couple of hours later, made the situation very strange and to this date, unexplained. I don't think there's anything particular outrageous or reading between the lines in making a statement like that.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I realize this is a forum, the birthplace of speculation, but to question Harvin's injury and then operation,which we, in truth, know very little about the full extent of, and then let that trickle into questioning his motivation and dedication, seems a bit of a reach. Watch the Saints game, watch the man get up every time with the blatant head hunting. An unmotivated person does not go out on a field with 250lb men that want to hurt you.

At the end of the day, an NFL player's body is the commodity they're paid for. They need to take care of it. I get him wanting to play the Vikes, he probably set that date in his head. A sweet little "look at me now". But if he realizes halfway through, he can't finish without causing lasting harm to himself, why would you expect him to keep going?

And, while we question all this, let's not forget, we won it all anyway.

rigelian

Reaction score
The story is reasonably well documented. During the Vikings game he felt stiffness and worked on the stationary bicycle. Things didn't feel right. After the game his hip became stiff and swollen. As a result he went back into rehabilitation.

At the end of the regular season Carroll had to make a decision about putting him on IR. He did another workout. No swelling or stiffness. So he was activated. Sounds nothing like a motivation issue. http://sportspressnw.com/2175150/2014/s ... all-i-have

One other thing. Harvin does not come off as lackadaisical on the field. The guy appears intense, focused and throws his body all over the place. He's one of those guys that seems to have no fear on the field. The notion that this guy lacks motivation seems kind of silly.