Remember when Frank punched Germaine?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Brock Huard ✔ @BrockESPN

I'd suspend Frank from field this week & at least Chargers game. I've seen plenty of melee's & find them dumb, but this crossed the line

Photos emerge of Frank Clark’s fight with Germain Ifedi in training camp

These photos clearly show Clark pursuing Ifedi from across the crowd before throwing all his weight into the punch, with both men tumbling to the ground as a result.

Ifedi appears to have never seen Clark or the punch coming, and lays on the ground for some time
as Clark is pulled away from the pile.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/8/14/16 ... ining-camp

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah everyone was okay with this until today. But if it makes it easier for everyone to accept Frank's absence. . ? What a terrible person I'm glad he's gone!

:lol:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Up until he was traded, didn't hear much about it. Only in code talk - "possible character issues", "questionable history". But now that he's gone, "REMEMBER WHEN HE SNUCK UP ON AN UNAWARE TEAMMATE AND SUCKER PUNCHED HIM?"

chris98251

Reaction score
Jesus people want these guys to decimate others and be competitive yet be a Pope as well, Kid was young and has a mouth and expresses himself in the moment. Ifedi isn't much different, they are 20 or 22 years old. I am sure all of you complainers had your shot together and never mouthed off or did anything stupid at that age since everyone that is snarky is perfect.

Also these guys are asked to ramp up aggression on a snap count and turn it off on a whistle, sometimes that switch gets stuck, sometimes the will to win a battle goes past a whistle. Before you complain about camp fights etc play the game and understand what they are doing.

That and those of you that want to get your panties in a wad bring this up again years after, must be a slow news day.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Not our problem anymore folks. Let's move on.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why there is a pathological need to slam every ex-team player with past history escapes me. Further that somewhat ancient history is not understood in term of exactly why things happened in the Ifedi/ Clark situation but here was a major melee which ended after Clark slugged Ifedi. Both players apologized to each other afterwards and you can see Clark trying to stop Ifedi from falling down after the punch.

Clearly players on the same team can get revved up and annoyed with each other resulting in scrums and scuffles. We don't know what started this scuffle but Clark slugging Ifedi is over the top and he got suspended from practice as did Ifedi who appears to have been the instigator in the other dispute that preceded the Clark Ifedi go around. Feel free to throw the rocks at Clark but in the end he was a good player for the team, will be missed, and hard to replace. That said I'm not unhappy with the trade as it brings clarity and more ease to keeping Reed and Wagner.

I'm not sure of the need to colour Clark as anything other than an enthusiastic and effective team player who behaved well as Seahawks player.

To present the allegations against him which caused him to fall to pick 63 in the draft where the team picked him have not been proved and were hotly disputed by him. The team was not convinced of their proof either. That was a long time ago and nothing other than the Ifedi situation has happened since.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":2cekfh6i said:
A-Dog":2cekfh6i said:
Hawknballs":2cekfh6i said:
Yeah everyone was okay with this until today
No we weren't
IKR? :34853_doh:

Sweeping generalities are so in this week. :laugh:

As a complete side note, I am mildly embarrassed that "old man Sutz" is more down with internet acronyms than I am. Now I have to go Google IKR.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm not slamming Frank, this was brought up on 710 today and you certainly can't ignore it. Ignoring the past is like trying to change the past. It happened, it's part of the discussion.

And maybe I wasn't paying enough attention at the time, but I never heard the part about him sneaking up behind Germaine and sucker punching him until today. All I remember hearing is "a scuffle during practice" and I thought at first that they said Germaine got sent home. Obviously I was wrong.

It seems to me that they kept it quiet at the time, and these pictures, as well as what truly happened only surfaced later.

About 9 minutes in.

BROCK AND SALK
April 24, 2019 - Hour 3

Brock & Salk tackle a rapid fire set of Seahawks draft questions, including...how many picks will they make on Thursday? How many picks will they end up with total? What's the next move you want to see?

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1i3c6szn said:
Why there is a pathological need to slam every ex-team player with past history escapes me. Further that somewhat ancient history is not understood in term of exactly why things happened in the Ifedi clark situation but here was a major melee which ended after Clark slugged Ifedi. Both players apologized to each other afterwards and you can see Clark trying to stop Ifedi from falling down after the punch.

Clearly players on the same team can get revved up and annoyed with each other resulting in scrums and scuffles. We don't know what started this scuffle but Clark slugging Ifedi is over the top and he got suspended from practice as did Ifedi who appears to have been the instigator in the other dispute that preceded the Clark Ifedi go around. Feel free to throw the rocks at Clark but in the end he was a good player for the team, will be missed, and hard to replace. That said I'm not unhappy with the trade as it brings clarity and more ease to keeping Reed and Wagner.

I'm not sure of the need to colour Clark as anything other than an enthusiastic and effective team player who behaved well as Seahawks player.

To present the allegations against him which caused him to fall to pick 63 in the draft where the team picked him have not been proved and were hotly disputed by him. The team was not convinced of their proof either. That was a long time ago and nothing other than the Ifedi situation has happened since.

That's hyperbole. There is no need to attribute false intentions to me, it only clouds the discussion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jesus, it was on 710 so we have to rehash it here when it was beaten into the ground way back when, it's a slow time and little news and these Mediots on the radio need people to tune in. Every team starts putting the cone of silence around them now and Mediots are speculating and drumming up old shit to spend Air time on something. There is a thing called an off switch or you could even get really aggressive and change the channel right now.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I have wanted to punch Ifedi more than a few times. No problem here with Frank.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
It's a bitch move, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Ifedi does cheap potentially career jeopardizing shit himself, I get it, still weak as hell but I'm sure he was warned by peers repeatedly to knock that off, he wasn't getting it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2wywg6z5 said:
Yeah everyone was okay with this until today. But if it makes it easier for everyone to accept Frank's absence. . ? What a terrible person I'm glad he's gone!

:lol:
I for one didn't see the sucker punch, but that's unacceptable & chickenshit on Clarks part......Gotta believe that the prick move incedent stuck in the back of Pete Carroll's mind.....Just one more snag in the Clark Fabric, so yes, I am "glad he's gone" :domotwak:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I've never worked construction but this kinda reminds me of the stories I've heard about the one unsafe idiot who's just not getting it and is endangering the life/livelihood of others - and wouldn't you know it, he just happens to slip one day.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkGA":3c1ial06 said:
sutz":3c1ial06 said:
A-Dog":3c1ial06 said:
Hawknballs":3c1ial06 said:
Yeah everyone was okay with this until today
No we weren't
IKR? :34853_doh:

Sweeping generalities are so in this week. :laugh:

As a complete side note, I am mildly embarrassed that "old man Sutz" is more down with internet acronyms than I am. Now I have to go Google IKR.
:twisted: