Remember Tharold Simon? The Seahawks certainly do.

RussJames

Reaction score
-The Glove-":5ynk0agw said:
going off topic a little but it really annoyed me when Hawkblogger shot down Simon just because he was hurt last year when a fan talked about guys that can step up next year.

I'm pretty sure he was just highlighting the fact that we never got a chance to see Simon play, except for maybe a day or two in minicamp. Just remindin' peeps not to count their chickens before they hatch, into all-pro cornerbacks.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RussJames":2g6d1bsw said:
-The Glove-":2g6d1bsw said:
going off topic a little but it really annoyed me when Hawkblogger shot down Simon just because he was hurt last year when a fan talked about guys that can step up next year.

I'm pretty sure he was just highlighting the fact that we never got a chance to see Simon play, except for maybe a day or two in minicamp. Just remindin' peeps not to count their chickens before they hatch, into all-pro cornerbacks.
nobody was doing that though. Akeem Auguste and Shead was also mentioned by fans

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks were high on him last year and didn't get to use him.

He's going to be good. And he's basically like a bonus draft pick this year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Maybe I got expectations to high, but this dude just seems like a gem waiting to shine.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":a7wz3tqq said:
I have high hopes for everyone that dawns a Hawks jersey haha!!

I am most excited about seeing Maxwell full time though. I think he's gonna have a massive year.
Maxwell is going to have to play his ever-loving ass off to keep Simon at bay, cuz if he trips up one little bit, Simon is going to smoke his butt.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He covered some ground when he caught that dude on the sideline! Seems like he's good at coverage and locating the ball, but I definitely see why he isn't a WR. No hands, LOL! He's mostly knocking the balls down or batting them away.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Anyone think he has a realistic shot at him surpassing Maxwell this year?

GCrow

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":29e99h2i said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMTYYDnNyg

He is good.
Damn, I know these highlight tapes are designed to make a player look good, but how did this guy last 'till the 5th round?

Largent80

Reaction score
We actually have 2 or 3 players that will be like extra draft picks. Simon and Williams come to mind.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":3g3cdljm said:
We actually have 2 or 3 players that will be like extra draft picks. Simon and Williams come to mind.
Yeah, it's kinda funny to watch all the doom-n-gloomers post :( over all of our 'losses' this offseason.

Me? I like that we have numerous guys waiting in the wings to step up and prove themselves. Sure we lost some guys I would have liked to keep around, but mostly for sentiment (well, not in Tate's case :)), but hey, we're pretty stocked with young players with a ton of potential, many of whom have already shown us something. Add them to the players we have that are in or nearing their prime that have playoff and SB experience, and I think we're in excellent shape to make a run at a repeat...and contend for several more years.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":2osau5z7 said:
Who could have expected that Browner would have had the injury, and then the suspension, only to have Thurmond come in and take over, then he himself getting replaced by Maxwell.....Changes in rotation seems to be the norm for the Seahawks, and Pete seems to have the Midas touch when it comes to finding players that fit his concepts in the Secondary, so even though it's Maxwell's to lose, I'd have to say yes, I do believe he can, IF he gets his shot at it.
Obviously, JS and the Seahawks scouting crew, saw something they really liked in Simon to have pulled the trigger on him in the 3rd round of the draft.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
scutterhawk":7x938l5u said:
Ziggyy108":7x938l5u said:
Who could have expected that Browner would have had the injury, and then the suspension, only to have Thurmond come in and take over, then he himself getting replaced by Maxwell.....Changes in rotation seems to be the norm for the Seahawks, and Pete seems to have the Midas touch when it comes to finding players that fit his concepts in the Secondary, so even though it's Maxwell's to lose, I'd have to say yes, I do believe he can, IF he gets his shot at it.
Obviously, JS and the Seahawks scouting crew, saw something they really liked in Simon to have pulled the trigger on him in the 3rd round of the draft.

They actually snagged him in the 5th

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Simon has the skill to be a great corner in the league.. he just needed a lot of coaching up immediately after the draft. Because when you watch his tape, you see a lot of flaws and technique errors in his coverage, zone reads, etc.

That injury was a blessing in disguise really. Allowed us to stash him on IR and not risk having him on the practice squad to get plucked by someone *cough* San Fran or Jacksonville *cough*

I really think he's cut from the same cloth that Maxwell and Browner were. Not sure we can expect him to be Richard Sherman, because I think Sherman has that rare relentless drive to constantly improve and shut up people who doubt him.. but Simon definitely has potential.

jblaze

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1wahs0q7 said:
Ziggyy108":1wahs0q7 said:
I have high hopes for everyone that dawns a Hawks jersey haha!!

I am most excited about seeing Maxwell full time though. I think he's gonna have a massive year.
Maxwell is going to have to play his ever-loving ass off to keep Simon at bay, cuz if he trips up one little bit, Simon is going to smoke his butt.

Maxwell will be fine this year but he'll walk next offseason and Simon will start after that. Gotta keep churning through CB's at the #2 spot to help with the salary cap with cheap rookie contracts.

drdiags

Reaction score
What you hope is the norm is that Seattle has gotten to the point where they have realized Pete's desire to be known for producing quality DBs, sort of like the old Steelers were known for producing good LBs. What the DBs don't want is to be labeled as only successful in Seattle's system, sort of like the criticism the Pats had for players (coaches and execs) who left their system, only to fail on other teams.

Simon had a year to get used to the mental aspect of the DB preparation, he has yet to show in real game action that he is ready physically. From the sound of the article it seems the expectation is that he has a chance to continue the recent trend of low-round DBs being able to produce at a efficient level. I am looking forward to his upcoming season. Maxwell took a couple of years overcoming injury before finally getting a chance due to other's mishaps. I could see Maxwell moving on after next season. Time for someone to step up and show they are ready.

Latest posts