Remember Josh Wilson?

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't remember Josh Wilson ever being good. I remember him always around the play but never seemed to make it? Maybe i just subcontiously choose not to remember.

jhawk91

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":kg4hvwaf said:
Got to give the little fella credit, he tried. :D

827768359.gif

Damn, he got wrecked

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
uncle fester":3bx98ecj said:
And the concept of Kelly Jennings being a viable starting CB just makes me shudder.

I think the same thought makes Kelly Jennings shudder as well.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawker84":3fqt7rxj said:
I don't remember Josh Wilson ever being good. I remember him always around the play but never seemed to make it? Maybe i just subcontiously choose not to remember.

That was Jennings. Jennings was in the WR's hip pocket consistently, but that's all he could do. Just didn't have the ball skills or size to do anything once he was there.

Yet another reason this FO is amazing...

Turned Josh Wilson and Kelly Jennings into Richard Sherman and Clinton McDonald.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":3pjobnog said:
Marvin49":3pjobnog said:
Brahn":3pjobnog said:
Remember Josh Wilson?

Niner's fan takes time to mention the Niners, we get it guys you have a football team still.

Right...because that was the point of my post. SMH.

Might not of been the point, didn't stop you from having to mention the Niners when you had no reason to. Like I said, you just add it in not matter the topic. Sorry I pointed it out. I can see how Remembering who Josh Wilson on the Seahawks has anything to do with the Niners playing him this weekend.

/SHM

^**Edited** Had to edit in head shaking for dramatic effect

Jeez. I only mentioned it because if I said he was out of the division someone would point out that they play him next week. No conspiracy theory. LOL.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sorry I pointed it out. I can see how Remembering who Josh Wilson on the Seahawks has anything to do with the Niners playing him this weekend.

He plays for the Deadskins, not the falcons? Niners don't play him this weekend, they've already used and abused him a couple weeks ago.

amill87

Reaction score
hawker84":2xz1wp6u said:

He made a handful of memorable plays including a couple pick sixes. I'm almost 100% sure he could not make this roster today even back in his "good" years.

As Kearly pointed out, he may have been the second best defender we had and I think that just shows how far we have come.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mtm8sd8 said:
Brahn":1mtm8sd8 said:
Marvin49":1mtm8sd8 said:
Brahn":1mtm8sd8 said:
Remember Josh Wilson?

Niner's fan takes time to mention the Niners, we get it guys you have a football team still.

Might not of been the point, didn't stop you from having to mention the Niners when you had no reason to. Like I said, you just add it in not matter the topic. Sorry I pointed it out. I can see how Remembering who Josh Wilson on the Seahawks has anything to do with the Niners playing him this weekend.

/SHM

Jeez. I only mentioned it because if I said he was out of the division someone would point out that they play him next week. No conspiracy theory. LOL.

He's on the Redskins

irocdave

Reaction score
I remember those days. Also remember watching every opposing receiver catching every ball because the D backs backpedaled 10 yards at the snap of the ball, then half the time the D back would whiff on the tackle. Drove me nuts. Good riddance. Our D backs may grab, beat up, hand fight, arm bar etc but at least they are challenging receivers. The single thing I really appreciate about Browner is that he sticks like glue to receivers AND can knock out a running back. Sherm is great in coverage but he has a little Deion in him. He is really good at hand fighting, mugging on the line also but he doesn't carry the big stick like Browner. Kam is the best of both worlds, unfortunately the rules don't allow him to do what he does best, knock players out, cold that is.

The big, physical, fast and hard hitting secondary is the strength of the Hawks. Niner fans bitch about them but they would love to have the Hawks talent to create mayhem at those positions. They don't and that's where their biggest bitch comes from. It is also the difference between the two rivals. Yes, I said it, rivals.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kvbasav said:
Brahn":1kvbasav said:
Marvin49":1kvbasav said:
Brahn":1kvbasav said:
Remember Josh Wilson?

/SHM

You know he is on the Redskins right? So, ya like I said. You just took any chance you have to mention the Niners. Never said it was a conspiracy, but I will claim it is idiocy.

You should also check my reply on the Alex Smith / Russel Wilson discussion. I was working under the impression that you actually followed football.

Galen96

Reaction score
The reason people liked Wilson so much was because he was the first DB we had since 2006 that seemed to have ball skills. Jennings, Tru, and Babs never seemed to go for the ints.. Wilson always went for them and it made him a fan favorite. It was absolutely maddening to watch Jennings LOCKED to a receiver and just let them catch it... Same for Tru. It was like they didn't know you could touch the ball before the receiver.... Just my less than reliable memory.

Latest posts