Remaining Saints schedule

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm just glad we get them at our house. We should win, and assuming we do, there's a good chance both the Saints and the Seahawks finish with the same number of wins, and our win over them is the only thing giving us the #1 seed. How great would it be to kick them out of the playoffs in the NFCCG in our house? A little extra revenge for all the cracks about us not being playoff-worthy when we hosted then with a 7-9 record...

:devil:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think they lose to N.E. and us for sure. Then possibly Atlanta and / or SF.

The battle for HFA is going to be very tight and unforgiving in the NFC.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We certainly can't stumble against a lesser opponent. We might have to go 13-3 to get home field.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We need to beat Tennessee first.....

salukihawk12

Reaction score
More worried about SF and their soft schedule. Looks like we may have to pull off that W on the road in the bay to secure HF.

JonRud

Reaction score
Agree w/ MidwestHawker above. we are not players who's sole job is to focus on the next game.

we are fans on a message board - we are here to discuss the big picture, speculation, other teams, etc... that's what this board is for. This is a very relevant thread.

I for one am worried about the Saints and really hope Gronk is back this week so NE can beat them on Sunday. We have to be no more than 1 game back of them on Dec. 2nd when they come to town.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
salukihawk12":1alsnpdn said:
More worried about SF and their soft schedule. Looks like we may have to pull off that W on the road in the bay to secure HF.

?
Remaining schedules of both teams are relatively the same.
Except
Hawks: Vikings (1 - 3) / Giants (0 - 5) / Rams (2 - 3)
49ers: Jags in London ( 0 - 5) / Panthers ( 1- 3 ) / Skins (1 - 3)

Only other difference worth noting is Hawks get he 5 - 0 Saints at home, 49ers have them away in their dome. 49ers have the 1 - 3 Falcons at home, Hawks away in their dome.

So not sure where how one schedule is anymore soft than the other, let alone the 49ers being more soft?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
salukihawk12":unuykw10 said:
I agree. As much as I dislike the 49ers, they SHOULD win their next 4 games. Then they are at the Saints - which would be big either way that game goes...

GO HAWKS!

salukihawk12

Reaction score

A

Anonymous

salukihawk12":27u3j6l0 said:

I agree with you, but then I don't...

The NO game at home is more critical for us in terms of tie breakers as we have already beaten SF once. A loss to them would not hurt home field advantage like losing to NO at home would. SF are already behind the 8-ball with their two losses. Beating SF would be awesome, but would not necessarily ruin our HFA.

Let's pray for New England to beat New Orleans in Foxboro, and SF to lose to NO in the Who Dat Palace, and us to beat NO at the Clink, then we are golden. :mrgreen:

Edit: And we only can lose one more game...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Reaneypark":13dxehos said:
We certainly can't stumble against a lesser opponent. We might have to go 13-3 to get home field.
Might? The #1 seed is almost always at least 13-3. With New Orleans trying to take over the league in revenge for the Bountygate penalties, we might have to go 15-1 to get the #1 seed, lol.

C-Dub

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":i5rpoy2m said:
Reaneypark":i5rpoy2m said:
Might? The #1 seed is almost always at least 13-3. With New Orleans trying to take over the league in revenge for the Bountygate penalties, we might have to go 15-1 to get the #1 seed, lol.
Those tie-breaking games in NO and SF are going to be crucial.

IMO 13-3 at the end of the season is the worst we can do to obtain that HFA, but until then, 1-0 each week boys. :snack:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Nice that they have a full week and a half to prepare for us.

drdiags

Reaction score
Come on man!

NFL Forum. Okay, sorry about that. But the Saints are weeks off and you may as well put up the schedule for all the NFC teams because you have no idea which ones will be relevant come week 8 and week 12.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
I'd like the #1 seed, but it isn't as important anymore, not the way this team plays on the road.

A #2 seed would be fine, IMO. That is, it's not the end of the world if this team goes 13-3 and finishes second to the Saints. It just makes the NFC championship game a little more interesting. We'd still have a bye week and a home game. And our smash-mouth team can beat anyone on the road, now.

And...the #1 seed plays the lowest seed, but that is usually the hottest wild-card team. The Saints will be beat up, and might even get upset before they get to us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":3j8sx2un said:
I think they lose to N.E. and us for sure. Then possibly Atlanta and / or SF.

The battle for HFA is going to be very tight and unforgiving in the NFC.

I love all the "for sures" I see out there. NE doesn't look that great. THe Cleveland Browns have score more points this season than NE has. That's a "for sure" loss for the Saints ?

Atlanta looks to be in trouble. I'm not sure they can beat the Saints. Carolina might have a better shot at beating them this year. The good news is that I also think that the Atlanta away game for us looks a lot more winnable now.

They get all the best teams, except us, at home. Dallas and SF get to go there (also a bonus...they could hang a loss on the Niners).

I see MAYBE 3 losses, and we better be one of them. I have a feeling we're going to need a h2h win against them if we want HFA.

Latest posts