Redzone offense

seahawks08

Reaction score
Its about time we talk about our red zone offense We suck period, We need to get better and we need to make this happen. We were in the red zone probable 3 time in the beginning and we come off with field goals. its time we start making touchdowns and making the game more competitive. We need to make better calls and practice getting touchdowns instead if field goals.

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawks08":xkovhe56 said:
Its about time we talk about our red zone offense We suck period, We need to get better and we need to make this happen. We were in the red zone probable 3 time in the beginning and we come off with field goals. its time we start making touchdowns and making the game more competitive. We need to make better calls and practice getting touchdowns instead if field goals.

This is what happens when you dont have a redzone threat WR and your #1 TE is on IR. Im with you that some better plays should be called. But in the redzone, its more on the man to man matchups, and our guys are just not winning.

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
Cartire":36hy96hi said:
seahawks08":36hy96hi said:

This is what happens when you dont have a redzone threat WR and your #1 TE is on IR. Im with you that some better plays should be called. But in the redzone, its more on the man to man matchups, and our guys are just not winning.

I can't imagine we can't do better in the redzone, put lockette and the tall guys out there. We need to be creative and come up with 7 instead of 3. If we don't our road games are going to be really painful to watch. I can't imagine why can't we score in 3 attempts, 3 times in a row, that is 9 chances for a touchdown. Ridiculous.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A big WR wouldn't have helped today unless he can block at the LOS. The blocking was piss poor in the redzone which resutled in sacks there. They went backwards in the redzone today and a tall WR wouldn't have prevented that.

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree, if we spread the offense out with a big WR, we definitely have an edge in running in, making a criss cross or throwing the fade route for the WR to grab the ball. It makes me crinch not to score in the redzone after being there 3 times in a row in the first half. If we score, our game would be much more different and the defense can press more specially in a road game. We need to clean up our red zone offense or kiss this season good bye.

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am rewatching the game, the redzone offense where RW took a sack, it was an angle thing, if we ran wide, he would have never got sacked and got a touch down, the receivers were wide open. Just being on the pocket, he was not able to react accordoingly. The defense is ran straight to him. Aggressive defense, we should have easily played against the rush.

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
here is my take on this, throw away the play book for redzone, hire Mike Holmgren for the redzone offense only and make things happen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Also have the WORST OC in the league, who's RB and QB are always bailing him out.

I would rather have horribly awkward Rob Lowe calling plays than the ass clown that is Darell Bevell.

Latest posts