Redskins vs. Seahawks playoff game on Youtube right now..

Axx

Reaction score
i will watch this to get me hyped up for the regular season.

I do wish we played the foreskins this year though, looking at the NFC east i think its a strong possibility to play them in the playoffs again.

JKent82

Reaction score
Ooh thanks for pointing that out! Good to get some football.

kearly

Reaction score
Baldwin made a mistake on that first scoring drive by motioning open without seeing the DB sitting right in the path. It would have been an automatic interception if not for Baldwin redeeming himself with a great pass defense. Then they flashed a graphic that blew my mind.

Russell Wilson in the Red Zone: 18 TDs, 0 INTs. (by the end of the Season he'd be 20-0, or 21-0 if the stat counted rushing TDs too).

Russell Wilson did not throw a red zone interception last season. Not bad for a rookie.

JKent82

Reaction score
Hawks v Falcons
[youtube]bU6LXW__BEo[/youtube]

WK:16 SF@Seattle
[youtube]hCXJagDBcK4[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":1til44kv said:
Russell Wilson in the Red Zone: 18 TDs, 0 INTs. (by the end of the Season he'd be 20-0, or 21-0 if the stat counted rushing TDs too).

Russell Wilson did not throw a red zone interception last season. Not bad for a rookie.

Want a couple of other stats that'll pitch a tent in your shorts?

Doug Farrar":1til44kv said:
Best red zone passing DVOA in 2012, at least 50 passes: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson.
https://twitter.com/SI_DougFarrar/statu ... 6936022016

Doug Farrar":1til44kv said:
Best third-down passing DVOA, at least 50 attempts: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson.
https://twitter.com/SI_DougFarrar/statu ... 8068251649

There isn't more elite company one can keep, there.

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
Axx":1mi5bl5s said:

I do wish we played the foreskins this year though, looking at the NFC east i think its a strong possibility to play them in the playoffs again.

Can they make it if RG3 goes down? That's something worth asking.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":v373oafy said:
Axx":v373oafy said:

Can they make it if RG3 goes down? That's something worth asking.
How will we ever know?
Please tell us.

kearly

Reaction score
I still think that Lynch fumble recovery was the play of our season last year. When that play happened live, for just a couple seconds I got to feel the certainty of defeat. Seattle was down by 11 and momentum was unsettled. Had the Redskins picked that up and ran it in, I don't think we would have recovered. And Lynch turned it into almost a 20 yard gain, too. Not only did it save the game, but it took the wind out of the Redskins sails, too.

I don't want to even think about all the storylines that would have come out of a loss there. "Can't win on the road," "30 years of road playoff ineptitude," "gimpy RG3 > healthy Wilson," "The Seahawks are overrated because they can only win with their huge homefield advantage," "Ratface > Pete the cheat," etc. I don't think losing to the Falcons ruined the 2012 season at all, but the whole season would look different had we lost to a hobbled RG3 in the very first playoff game. That would have been one of the worst games to lose ever.

Huge play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":sia791gz said:
I still think that Lynch fumble recovery was the play of our season last year. When that play happened live, for just a couple seconds I got to feel the certainty of defeat. Seattle was down by 11 and momentum was unsettled. Had the Redskins picked that up and ran it in, I don't think we would have recovered. And Lynch turned it into almost a 20 yard gain, too. Not only did it save the game, but it took the wind out of the Redskins sails, too.

I don't want to even think about all the storylines that would have come out of a loss there. "Can't win on the road," "30 years of road playoff ineptitude," "gimpy RG3 > healthy Wilson," "The Seahawks are overrated because they can only win with their huge homefield advantage," "Ratface > Pete the cheat," etc. I don't think losing to the Falcons ruined the 2012 season at all, but the whole season would look different had we lost to a hobbled RG3 in the very first playoff game. That would have been one of the worst games to lose ever.

Huge play.
Truth.
lynch's goal line fumble was a punch in the belly, though. That game had the feel of a game where Seattle should have racked 40 plus, but they didn't even take the lead until half the 4th was gone.

I am curious to see one area Wilson needs to get better in, passing vs the blitz.The Racists blitzed so effectively. The quick slant is not a part of his game, which has affected his hot routes, IMO. The Rams got a bunch of sacks with blitzes, Jenkins even forced an INT with a cb blitz.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
kearly":4h2nxrcf said:

Huge play.

I agree 100% That play was so nasty. The fact that he recovered the football with one hand while running was amazing. That play should of been Top 5 on NFL top 100 plays list or even up for an espy. I don't even think it made the list? The play didn't get the national attention it deserved (prob due to RG3s knee)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":1pc7ypun said:

Huge play.

Definitely.

The 3rd down completion to Miller (the little dump off for a big gain) was huge too.

Axx

Reaction score
our offense looked kinda bad that game. I felt like we shouldve won 35-14

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thanks for linking those. I think the 42-13 curbstomping needs to be REQUIRED viewing for the forty ninnies trolls before they are approved here!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3m2c6dsz said:
Thanks for linking those. I think the 42-13 curbstomping needs to be REQUIRED viewing for the forty ninnies trolls before they are approved here!!

Agreed. Make 'em pass a quiz on it, to make sure they watch it in its entirety.

Latest posts