Reasons for optimism this week.

Erebus

Reaction score
We seem to play our best in two situations:

1. When we're expected to lose.
2. When we have opportunities to fix past mistakes.

Just like at New England earlier this year, we're expected to lose. This adds extra motivation and seems to have a real impact on the way they play.

Considering our slow starts in all other road playoff games, I think they probably learned from those games and will come out on fire. By now they should understand the importance of a fast start.

Compare that with when we play our worst:

1. When we're drained, such as from back to back east coast road trips, after sub-zero temperature games, or being on the field for 95 defensive snaps.

2. When going up against an elite d-line.

3. When overlooking an opponent, such as what appeared to be struggling Packers and Cardinals teams.

4. Extreme weather, especially high winds.

None of these four things apply.

OP
OP
jdemps

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Another note after rewatching the week 6 game. Tyler Lockett was 3 weeks removed from his knee injury and had ZERO explosion. His kick returns were slow and plodding and he was replaced by CJ Spiller as kick returner late in the game. Further, he got no separation with his routes. 3 catches for 23 yards and a couple of third down targets that were easy PBUs due to lack of separation. TBH, I think PRich and Hester could be an upgrade as receivers and returner respectively relative to how Lockett played in week 6. Obviously, a fully healthy Lockett would be ideal, but I think we can expect more production from a healthy PRich than we got from Lockett in week 6 (when we scored 26 and it should've been 30 w/o the missed FG and PAT).

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
A healthy Russell Wilson is the best possible gun to pull from the QB holster. He is a straight shooter in the clutch and has plenty of bullets in the chamber, Falcon-killer Jimmy Graham included.