really impressed with Kaep

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Luckily Manning isn't quite the gazelle that colin is

amill87

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3gd6zohb said:
We could not stop him running in the first half. I thought he alone was going to beat us.

I'll admit I was scared. He had the Kaep smile going on, he was running free against our D, and he didn't seem to be bothered one bit by the environment.

He's going to be really good once he figures out how to fix some of those mistakes.

I don't know if he can fix his flaws. It's been a year and he is the almost the same guy.

He is the athletic version of Brett Favre without the ability to play real quarterback consistently.

During the game, I was saying the more times we make Kaep do something, the higher the odds of him forcing a turnover are.

People were saying he is clutch. In all three playoffs games, he made mistakes that should've and eventually did send his team home. For every good play he made today, he made a worse play. His pick to Chancellor was god awful. He had a couple good throws but so did Tebow every so often. The Niners have a damn good receiving trio that help Kaep and he is able to just cannon the ball near them.

If you contain Kaep and play decent coverage, he's gonna throw picks. He will get some holy crap plays because of that cannon but if his first read is covered, he will often start to rush his reads and make poor decisions.

Good news for the Niners is it is really hard to contain his running AND cover up all those weapons. Bad news for the Niners is possibly the one team in the league capable of it is in their division.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Look, the kid (Kaep) is 90% there. All he needs to do is learn patience in the pocket and read his receivers better. Right now we all know that in a desperate situation (end of the Super Bowl and this game), he's throwing it to Crabtree. We know it, they know it, and Sherman obviously did as well.

He is accurate, crazy athletic and has a CANNON for an arm. It's what is between his ears that is failing him, both on and off of the field IMO.

OP
OP
plyka

plyka

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3sxdp9ct said:
I totally agree with the OP. Those runs in the first half were demoralizing. His speed has got to be world class. It was like video game s___. He didn't make a ton of bad throws, and he did extend plays to find open guys. I've personally knocked him for being a one read qb and take off and run. Tonight, in person i saw him extend and keep eyes down field to find Boldin, Vernon, etc. I was impressed for sure.

I am a huge fan of USC. Don't ask me why, I graduated from UW. I still like UW, but USC is my main team. My excuse is because i lived in LA for 9 months, but the reality of the situation is that I'm a pac-10(12) fan, and they were the main threat from this conference in the last decade, and the love just stuck.

Anyways, watching Kaep in the 1st half I had flashbacks of that 2005 Rose Bowl where Vince Young put on the best footballing performance that I have ever seen any player put on in any league. It was downright amazing. But props to Carroll and Quinn, they made some changes and Vince Young 2005 version changed back into Kaep. Still, he made some great plays even in the 2nd half.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkFan72":yjw73un5 said:
We could not stop him running in the first half. I thought he alone was going to beat us.

I'll admit I was scared. He had the Kaep smile going on, he was running free against our D, and he didn't seem to be bothered one bit by the environment.

He's going to be really good once he figures out how to fix some of those mistakes.

Gotta agree with HawkFan here, guy is gonna be scary when he puts it all together.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Riley12":10p5oqle said:
Yeah, Krapperdick is great when his line is grabbing D-Line jerseys and shoving them to the ground.

He plays his Brady/Manning card privileges to the fullest.
That tackle of Mebane on his 58 yard run was BS.

Kaepernick is a scary matchup, but not for quarterbacking reasons.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
I too was pretty impressed. Essentially every play results in an explosive play. Problem is that he seems to randomize which team benefits each time.

Anthony!

Reaction score
plyka":t9tu2fyq said:
I'm reading over the niner boards and they are in meltdown mode. The niner webzone server was down --literally --due to the meltodwn, lol. Anyway, they are over there destroying their QB.

But I gotta say this --and I can only say it since we won --but I was definitely impressed with Kaep. He didn't let the pressure get to him. It's almost as though he didn't care. The pressure was obvious, Wilson let it get to him in the first half, then played more free in the 2nd half. But Kaep played so carefree through the game and that impressed me. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, that carefree attitude cost him some bad passes. Especially that last hail mary to Crabs and that INT to out beast in the secondary Chance.

Still though, he was their ENTIRE offense --Kaep was. Against this defense, which is as amazing as any I've seen with the exception of the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Bucs, and probably one of the Dallas D's in the 1990's. Kaep was their one threat. He played a great game.

I'd still rather have Wilson, but I just thought I should give Kaep some props, because without his play this game wouldn't have been as epic as it was. And it was truly epic.

Kaep is a good throwing RB as of now, he needs to be a good throwing QB though

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think KJ was ready to go and got burnt on the worst of those runs. If Kap was smarter, he would have saved that rushing performance for the second half instead of letting Pete and Quinn scheme better containment on him as the game went on.

Wore himself down trying to do it all, and threw two interceptions late. Although that last pass was 100% Sherm rather then Kap's incompetence.

Best part about those runs was Kam Chancellor saving the TD. If I saw a bicep kiss in the Clink, I'd have lost hope.

rideaducati

Reaction score
plyka":g5hhl5kw said:
I'm reading over the niner boards and they are in meltdown mode. The niner webzone server was down --literally --due to the meltodwn, lol. Anyway, they are over there destroying their QB.

But I gotta say this --and I can only say it since we won --but I was definitely impressed with Kaep. He didn't let the pressure get to him. It's almost as though he didn't care. The pressure was obvious, Wilson let it get to him in the first half, then played more free in the 2nd half. But Kaep played so carefree through the game and that impressed me. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, that carefree attitude cost him some bad passes. Especially that last hail mary to Crabs and that INT to out beast in the secondary Chance.

Still though, he was their ENTIRE offense --Kaep was. Against this defense, which is as amazing as any I've seen with the exception of the 2000 Ravens and the 2002 Bucs, and probably one of the Dallas D's in the 1990's. Kaep was their one threat. He played a great game.

I'd still rather have Wilson, but I just thought I should give Kaep some props, because without his play this game wouldn't have been as epic as it was. And it was truly epic.

Kaep played a great game? Yeah, for a RB. Asked to be an actual QB, not so great.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Krap can QB for the 9er's, I'm okay with that.
Because I don't see them winning a Supberb Owl with him doing it.
The dude is so far from clutch, and you just know at some point he is going to get drilled!!
Krap is an after thought...Loser.
Go Hawks!

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Dude played way better than the other games, that last td catch left me with my jaw on the floor, he threw a laser off of the ground.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Kaep threw for like a buck fifty and two picks, one that was way worse than any of the 19 that luck threw in the playoffs.

yeah he ran well. But you have to run 300 yards to make up for 3 turnovers.

lastly why does this thread even exist? Who cares.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3vmmrsq9 said:
imnKOgnito":3vmmrsq9 said:
.....As much as I hoped he'd be a flash in the pan, gotta give him props. The Kaep/Wilson duels over the next decade are going to be remembered in the same vein as the Manning/Brady duels of the past decade.

Might be hell on my blood pressure, but it's great for the NFL.
Great post. Agree completely.

Yep, and I like the way he manned up by putting the loss on his shoulders rather than copping out with the 'we' didn't, 'we' shoulda, 'we' coulda. He has matured a lot this season.

Wartooth

Reaction score
He still showed up dressed like a 12 year old at the skate park for his press conference.
He ain't figured anything out yet.

Riley12

Reaction score
Wartooth":3g9wvecq said:
Krap can QB for the 9er's, I'm okay with that.
Because I don't see them winning a Supberb Owl with him doing it.
The dude is so far from clutch, and you just know at some point he is going to get drilled!!
Krap is an after thought...Loser.
Go Hawks!

Yep!

I hereby dub him "Chokernick".

He is a douche and even his best (and some serious noncalls by officials) wasn't good enough.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2qsqvyi9 said:
HawkFan72":2qsqvyi9 said:

Gotta agree with HawkFan here, guy is gonna be scary when he puts it all together.

IF he puts it all together. There's no guarantee that he will.

Gotta respect the guy for taking responsibility for everything after the game, though.

themunn

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed at at all, the play immediately before his 58 yard run (another 12 yard run), all I could think was "all you have to do is stop this guy from running".

He's got a good arm with good accuracy, but if you have a secondary that can cover his receivers and you can prevent him from running he's goosed - he's not a QB that will punish you if you give him time in the pocket because he's terrible at reading defenses, if he can't run he'll make the throw to his primary receiver whether it's the best option or not.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I was really impressed with how many 'completions' Kaep was able to make to Seahawks defensive players in the 4th quarter. It was excellent. Really really excellent in every possible way. 3 fourth quarter turnovers??? WOOHOO!!! I hope every quarterback we face in the coming decade is that "impressive"! Can you say Dynasty??? Go Hawks! :th2thumbs: