RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Eddie Lacy at playing weight is easily a top 10 rusher in this league and the best fit for Seattle. This has the potential to be an incredible signing. Guys just violently bounce off of him.

He spun off a freakin' Kam hit.

jake206

Reaction score
Big backs have shorter life span in NFL. More pounding and wear on the knees. Also in zone read he has to reach the hole to make any cuts... slow and big is not going to be productive. Put him on Adkins or low carb or something. He's got to gain quickness like a lot of it.

Mick063

Reaction score
Hate the signing.

Discounting his weight issue for a moment, I have watched Lacey enough to know that he will never be anything more than a role player. There is no stardom there. There is nothing special about him and it is a disservice to mention him in the same breath as Marshawn Lynch.

The current running backs on the roster as well as several in the draft have a much higher ceiling.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Mick063":3tijwbb3 said:
Hate the signing.

Discounting his weight issue for a moment, I have watched Lacey enough to know that he will never be anything more than a role player. There is no stardom there. There is nothing special about him and it is a disservice to mention him in the same breath as Marshawn Lynch.

The current running backs on the roster as well as several in the draft have a much higher ceiling.

That sucks we signed him to a multi-year deal then.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
While I agree that Feast Mode is not equal to Beast mode it's my opinion that of the backs available the one most suited to fit our system as the de facto Beast Mode is a healthy and motivated Eddy Lacy. Now the trick is to keep him healthy and motivated.

When Marshawn first came here there were the same sort of grumblings about him not being all that while he was with Buffalo too ... I like the one year prove it deal.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think it is a GOOD signing. A guy with experience, on a one year deal has a LOT to play for and this team doesn't allow slacking, if you do....you are OUTTA here.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
To the haters........u will likely own his jersey by mid season and proclaim you always loved the signing. Eat crow now because this thread willl be locked and buried saving you the embarrassment.

Ozzy

Reaction score
On Reddit the sentiment from the majority of Packer fans is they are sad to see him go and they expect big things from him in Seattle.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2yfsndnw said:
To the haters........u will likely own his jersey by mid season and proclaim you always loved the signing. Eat crow now because this thread willl be locked and buried saving you the embarrassment.
Yes. And I hope the 40 or so who incorrectly spell "Lacey" put it on their new jersey that way so the whole world can realize that they're not that smart. And there's no "c" in Prosise!

Wanted AP, but can see the needed role Big Eddie will play in our offense. The wheel route in the flats will be a nifty play for us.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I've been listening to yesterday's John Clayton interview with Pete Carroll. The more I hear it, the clearer it becomes to me, that CJ Prosise was never to be a featured back or every down back here. Pete doesn't seem him as the guy that can carry the load is impression I get. Pete said the strategy is Lacy-Rawls being the 1-2 punch. This means that Collins and Pope are likely outside looking in.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This feels like the year we signed Julius Jones. Very uninspired signing, especially with the draft and the other veteran FA's still out there.

Would love to be wrong about this, but Eddie Lacy has only shown 2 things since he's been in the league - 1) he cant keep his weight in check and 2) he can't stay healthy (probably a nice correlation with point 1)

I fail to see how a 240-245 lb running back with slow speed will be impactful in this offense with this offensive line. Remember what Alex Collins looked like at the start of the year? That's Lacy.

King Dog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3b8ltfx1 said:
This feels like the year we signed Julius Jones. Very uninspired signing, especially with the draft and the other veteran FA's still out there.

Would love to be wrong about this, but Eddie Lacy has only shown 2 things since he's been in the league - 1) he cant keep his weight in check and 2) he can't stay healthy (probably a nice correlation with point 1)

I fail to see how a 240-245 lb running back with slow speed will be impactful in this offense with this offensive line. Remember what Alex Collins looked like at the start of the year? That's Lacy.

Eddie Lacy = Alex Collins? Yeah, I don't think so.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2yjslnfz said:
..... I highly doubt JS/PC would make an offer to a guy if he was way out of shape. It doesn't fit their mantra and what they have built here so far.

Like it or not, everything I find indicates that is exactly what they did do. Pete was already in excuse mode in his interview saying Lacy is still working his way back and "we'll get him exactly where he needs to be", indicating he wasn't there now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
King Dog":1dgoorqn said:
Hasselbeck":1dgoorqn said:

Eddie Lacy = Alex Collins? Yeah, I don't think so.

He will be if he's as heavy as they want him to be.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I don't know why people are actively disliking this move. It's basically a low risk endeavor. If the dude can't maintain good physical condition, then he won't see the field and may not even make the team. So we're out 3 mil, big deal. I don't exactly see us grabbing any high dollar FAs at this point so that money is relatively meaningless.

Additionally, it was pretty obvious they wanted a veteran RB of some sort and the options were AP (no thanks due to injury, age and poor scheme fit), Murray (meh), Charles (who I like but his injuries at this point are concerning) and Lacy.

Of those 4 I think Lacy was the best option especially considering it's only for one year.

For everyone that wants a RB in the draft, I definitely agree... however the guys you like may not be around when we're picking, we may miss out on some of the favored options and then without Lacy we are one Rawls injury away from repeating last year.

This is a smart move to hedge our bets before the draft with little to no risk on our end.

PackerNation

Reaction score
I am not sure what to tell you about Eddie Lacy, but I'll try to give you the view from Packer fan who watched every carry and reception and down he played while he was a Packer.

Eddie can break tackles, he can run hard, he can (at times) play with motivation. He will get you yardage and if used properly, can be a big contribution to your offense.

Eddie doesn't hit the holes well and doesn't seem to have a good nose for the game. He doesn't have the football smarts you would expect. He jukes a lot when he should be using his weight and speed to get past tacklers. He doesn't seem to like football or have that killer instinct that really good footballers have. What makes Wilson great is not just his natural ability but how hard he works to maximize it. You will not get that with Eddie.

I got the feeling Eddie did not like Green Bay. Not so much the region but the coaches and the offensive philosophy we employ. I also don't think he liked the negative attention he got from McCarthy. Benching him when he made mistake, fining him and holding him out when he missed curfew, harping on his eating habits.... Eddie seems to lack maturity and doesn't like to be told what to do. Just my opinion. I had really high hopes for Eddie in Green Bay but was left disappointed. Sort of like the hot chick that just sucks in bed.

A change of scenery might be just what he needs and he could do very well for Seattle. He might have a real fire in his gut now. Good luck, I'll be tuning in to see how he does.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":36ferzrk said:
Seymour":36ferzrk said:
Sgt. Largent":36ferzrk said:
Pandion Haliaetus":36ferzrk said:
I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

All players say this...........................AFTER they sign with childhood team for more money.

Don't kid yourself, Lang signed with Detroit because they not only upped Seattle's offer, but they gave him more guaranteed money.

Pete claimed in his interview today on 950 that "we were not outbid for Lang".

Pete is talking semantics then. If Lang thought the deal was better (even if less money) in Detroit (obviously he did), Seattle got outbid. We didn't offer him enough money. T.J. Lang: 'I was 99 percent sure' I'd sign with the Seahawks until the Lions counteroffered

You are as well.

Latest posts