RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
getnasty":1ljfxcza said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1ljfxcza said:
Can't imagine Lacy being 267 unless he gained 20+ pounds in a month.

Pics/vids on Instagram from 3-5 weeks ago doesnt show a guy that looks 267 at 5-11. Maybe 245 at the most.

I can't imagine he would go into the free agent market at 33 pounds over his '16 playing weight. I can't imagine the Seahawks signing him for 5.5m if he was 267 pounds.

It feels like the someone from the Packers throwing shade in justifying to the Packers fan base in losing another homegrown free agent.

It was reported that's what he weighted when he came to visit.

Reported by whom?

Seymour

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2nq1416v said:
Reported by whom?

This is the initial report from what I can find.
Look like he is a reporter / writer from the Green Bay area.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/841694727330246660[/tweet]

nash72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uetd4r4b said:
I would have much rather the FO threw this money to overpay for Lang, draft a young RB in the middle rounds, and have him battle Rawls and Prosise for playing time. I don't think bringing in all these injured RB's on one year deals solves anything other than creating this same situation next year.

This would make sense though.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
randomation":1v91dyh0 said:
Really not a fan there are a ton of good running backs in this draft there are rumors he was at 267 so maybe he is bulking up to play Oline since we missed out on TJ

Sooner or later throwing draft pick after draft pick at the rb spot is no longer viable.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seymour":3rwhjtc6 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3rwhjtc6 said:
Reported by whom?

So that really doesn't prove my point stated above wrong:

It feels like the someone from the Packers throwing shade in justifying to the Packers fan base in losing another homegrown free agent.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":zfmvzou4 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":zfmvzou4 said:
Reported by whom?

I don't think he was 234 last year, he was bigger. I also read a quote somewhere that someone saw him in Florida working out and he looked like he was great shape. But, who knows if that isn't his agent putting that out there.

I wonder what he weighed for other teams. I think you are implying that the Packers weighed him at 267, and I'm sure that's it. Probably really weighs a little less.

bandiger

Reaction score
I like the signing, adds a distinct style to the RB group. Out of all the FA RBs out there he was my first choice since he can still be productive for another several years if he balls out :p

MrThortan

Reaction score
Warming up to the signing. Lacy being 26 helps, as he still has some miles left on his cleats. AP would have been a horrible fit and JC is 30, though honestly I don't know much about him. I have heard that Seattle has one of the best training facilities in the NFL and I hope Lacy utilizes it. The position needs some stability and consistency.

So we have Rawls, Pope, Prosise, Collins, Lacy, draft # and udfa to compete for playtime. Ok, I made up the last two, but I could totally see them bringing in more RBs. Unfortunately, this tells me the Office isn't confident with the lineup we had last season, and rightfully so. 5million isn't too much for some insurance.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
nash72":1ldppcj2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ldppcj2 said:
I would have much rather the FO threw this money to overpay for Lang, draft a young RB in the middle rounds, and have him battle Rawls and Prosise for playing time. I don't think bringing in all these injured RB's on one year deals solves anything other than creating this same situation next year.

This would make sense though.

From what I gathered on Lang, Seahawks wanted him but not for a bidding war considering they kind of had to role the dice with his broken foot and hip surgery. Recent memory will bring you back to Miller (foot) and Harvin (hip) as guys who struggled to get back to form. Seahawks were willing to risk it but for thier price; they weren't willing to go All In though.

I wanted Lang too... however, in order to pull him from his childhood dream team you're likely looking at a 3 yr, 33-36m deal with 20-25m guaranteed.

Jville

Reaction score
Roger That .....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jacobstevens/status/841724572915261441[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/841721711993212930[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/841721482858360837[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/841721210186551299[/tweet]

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":ihhje59l said:
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

Cap space for who?

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I expect this to be either Lendale White or Marshawn Lynch.... err somewhere in between. Ether way, we are better today than we were yesterday.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love this signing. IF he can stay in shape he is exactly what we need. He's second only to Lynch the past few years in yards after first contact, excellent receiver, works well in the screen game which we've been missing and work well behind a bad line.

If he can't get his weight down then not much is lost. Low risk high reward type move.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24ey7lfo said:
two things this thread needs less of:

Lacy to Oline jokes
Fat jokes

If he stays healthy, I promise to bring the fat jokes all season.

Athletic fat guys are awesome.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1hdfsjh6 said:
AustrianHawk":1hdfsjh6 said:
Like the player, but not the deal. Not a lot of cap space left anymore, I think Prosise and Rawls is a great duo and there was only a need for a solid backup.

At least he's kinda good at blocking (I think?)

Cap space for who?

Breno coming off of back injury sounds like next move. :yawn:

chris98251

Reaction score
I see this group pushing Lacy, all of them are against the odds guys that work their tail off. Also Cable isn't stand offish when it comes to getting on RB's either.

Latest posts