RB Eddie Lacy visits (UPDATE: Signed 1 year deal w/ Hawks)

Tical21

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1xg8b6jz said:
Probably much ado about nothing. Rawls and Prosise will very likely still be 1 and 2 if healthy. If anything, this puts pressure on Collins in the 3 spot.

If they have him in mind as a FB, then I actually like this move.
No way Lacy signs here on this type of deal unless convinced/promised he would be in line for carries. IMO he now is instantly #1 on the depth chart.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3afk6fe5 said:
The draft is riddled with great backs. So giving 5.5m to Lacy is kind of frustrating. Plus, you still have McKissic, Pope, and Madden. With that said Lacy is probably the closest back to Lynch's ultra physical style we have a chance to get. If Lacy can stay fit under 225, and run like he did his first 2 seasons... he's going to earn that contract.

I get this point but if we draft a RB (again) then we are not drafting something else. I think the issues we are seeing with the defense is partially due to having drafted a bunch of RBs last year. Since we drafted Christine Michaels with a 2nd round pick we have not hit on a single RB in the draft. I rather see us getting some defensive players and OL players in the draft and get some RB options in FA that while expensive are relatively cheap vs good CBs / O-line players...

Correction - we did hit on a RB. Spencer Ware is doing great in the NFL........

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I like this. Always wanted Lacy on the Hawks. Was bummed when they traded pick 56 to Baltimore.

When GB traded 55 to SF, I figured that we would get Lacy with 56. Instead we traded the pick to Baltimore for picks 62, 165, and 199. GB took Lacy with 61, and we took Christine Michael with 62.

We packaged the other two picks we got from Baltimore into pick 137 (from Detroit) which we used to draft the extremely unlucky Jesse Williams - Tha Monsta.

FWIW we used pick 138 on Tharold Simon.

I'm going to crack up if GB ends up re-signing Michael this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":9unahp1y said:
WindCityHawk":9unahp1y said:
Probably much ado about nothing. Rawls and Prosise will very likely still be 1 and 2 if healthy. If anything, this puts pressure on Collins in the 3 spot.

If they have him in mind as a FB, then I actually like this move.
No way Lacy signs here on this type of deal unless convinced/promised he would be in line for carries.IMO he now is instantly #1 on the depth chart.

That is not how this team works. Ask Matt Flynn.

uncle fester

Reaction score
"Bob McGinn‏Verified account
@BobMcGinn
RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234."

...267! That's a mass of humanity you wouldn't want to get in the way of.

barrister

Reaction score
uncle fester":3m5ke8be said:
@BobMcGinn
RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234."

Another way to look at it: That's a man that isn't well prepared for what was essentially a job interview. He apparently has an eating problem.

253hawk

Reaction score
I like it.

Just don't let him live in Golden Tate's old building that had Top Pot on the bottom floor.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwilightError":1l7vevs9 said:
Welcome fat boy.

RUN FATASS! RUN!

Lynch himself admitted he was a "fat back". If we can get some approximation of Lynch's "fat back" with Lacy I'm in.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
A photo of Eddie Lacy at MN airport from a few days has been floating around the internet. He really didn't look 267, imo.

mikeak

Reaction score
uncle fester":6q1gk4ps said:
@BobMcGinn

I heard he was working out hard but I can't believe he added 33lbs of muscles - awesome!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
uncle fester":scpqqnsy said:
Only $3m of that $5.5m is guaranteed. The rest will be bonuses linked to pies and cheeseburgers, and possibly the ability to stay away from them.

EDIT and let's not forget they paid Matt Flynn $10m to hold a clipboard.

I think he was finally traded...so clipboard was not his premiere position. Maybe his training was inadequate or he got beat out by a better clipboard carrier.

barrister

Reaction score
Packer fan here.

I like Eddie Lacy. He always seemed like a good guy, and he was fun to watch, especially when his weight was under control. But he demonstrated a general unwillingness to fully commit to his profession. You would see him show improvement at times. For example, he was on an intense exercise routine and diet last off-season, and he came in looking great. But as the season started and the weeks passed, you could see him gaining weight even before his injury. Make no mistake about it: he has a serious eating/weight problem, and that will always limit his potential as a professional athlete. The lack of professionalism also goes beyond his diet. There was other evidence of maturity issues, and a general lack of interest in being a full-time football player. He never seemed to have the passion to match his talent. IF someone can get through to him and light that fire, he could be a tremendous player. But I question whether that is even possible.

Suffice to say, I'm not losing sleep over the Packers losing him. However, I wish Lacy the best.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm flip flopping on the more inspiring signing. Eddie Lacy or Julius Jones.

uncle fester

Reaction score
mikeak":zotzamwg said:
uncle fester":zotzamwg said:
@BobMcGinn

I heard he was working out hard but I can't believe he added 33lbs of muscles - awesome!!!

Super Bowl!

Seahawkfan80":zotzamwg said:
I think he was finally traded...so clipboard was not his premiere position. Maybe his training was inadequate or he got beat out by a better clipboard carrier.

It's a tough league, man. One minute you're the Clipboard King - or maybe even Jesus - and the next they snatch it away again.

nash72

Reaction score
This move doesnt bother me too much since "I believe" they arent going to bother with fixing the line. They'll use Lacy sparingly so he should last for awhile, but it'll be interesting how he fares when Rawls and Procise go down though. All things considered, i'm just glad it isnt Peterson.

themunn

Reaction score
mikeak":20xdqfks said:
Very interesting to me that we have two FA signings and they are both 1 year deals

We can still make a splash (if needed and with the right guy) and sign them for a 3-4year deal with a signing bonus.....

It's a terrific strategy, we don't commit long-term money so if they don't pan out we're not hamstrung by the contract. If they DO pan out, we get a good opportunity to extend them, or if another team decides to overpay in free agency, we increase our chances of a comp pick

RussB

Reaction score
I think its a good signing. I would have preferred AP though because im a fan of his and i just have a feeling he will come back great again like he did in 2015. But if lacy stays healthy and is in good shape he is a great power back.

Latest posts