Ray Rice

peppersjap

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":2q0bzt9s said:
TorontoHawk":2q0bzt9s said:
You should feel great shame for even thinking about this guy being a Hawk.

Curious how you felt when Rocky Bernard, Sean Locklier, Leroy Hill, Kevin Williams, and Tony McDonald played for us? Only difference with Rice and those there is Rice wasn't a Seahawk and he had Video of his act.
We didn't sign those people, the Seahawks did. That doesn't mean we supported it and have to admit I'm not as familiar with these because they weren't as high profile but would have been fine with any of them being cut. Bring in anyone but Ray Rice. People act like there is an Adrian Peterson talent being held back, dude was doing nothing when playing.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":37559dw6 said:
^ I still don't see him doing it after making that statement

The statement was made in 2014. It was made in 2015. Not sure if you are aware but DV received the attention it deserves after Ray Rice beat his fiancé up...

Sorry your wrong on when the statement was made. It was made in 2012 before the draft in the Seattle Times when he was asked a question about the Seahawks policy involving character issues.. That quote was included in his answer. In 2015 after the draft he was asked numerous times if what he said in 2012 still applied in 2015,

kearly

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1i4ws26b said:
kearly":1i4ws26b said:
Even if Seattle wanted to, I don't think they could make this move after the comments JS made very publicly after the Frank Clark pick about never signing a player that he knew for a fact had hit a woman.

Yet he signed A.J. Jefferson in May 2014 after he was released by the Vikings in Nov of 2014 and pleaded guilty to a count of domestic assault to avoid the felony in March of 2014. This is of course after he is quoted in 2012 saying
Suffice it to say, we would never, ever take a player that struck a female, or had a domestic dispute like that, or did anything like that

http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-response-to-domestic-violence-is-only-making-t-1702580760

Based on his prior actions I could see him signing Rice if it was in the teams best interested, not to say he would which I believe they won't.

Not to rehash the whole thing, but a lot of words have been written about the real facts of the case came out, and I personally buy the case that Frank Clark is innocent, and I think JS does too.

As far as JS being a hypocrite from 2012-2014, that's a fair argument. But I also think the Ray Rice story changed the NFL, at least for a short time, and now JS is actually living up to his words.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
kearly":3rjm8mcj said:
Bigbadhawk":3rjm8mcj said:
kearly":3rjm8mcj said:
Even if Seattle wanted to, I don't think they could make this move after the comments JS made very publicly after the Frank Clark pick about never signing a player that he knew for a fact had hit a woman.

Yet he signed A.J. Jefferson in May 2014 after he was released by the Vikings in Nov of 2014 and pleaded guilty to a count of domestic assault to avoid the felony in March of 2014. This is of course after he is quoted in 2012 saying
Suffice it to say, we would never, ever take a player that struck a female, or had a domestic dispute like that, or did anything like that

http://deadspin.com/the-nfls-response-to-domestic-violence-is-only-making-t-1702580760

Based on his prior actions I could see him signing Rice if it was in the teams best interested, not to say he would which I believe they won't.

Not to rehash the whole thing, but a lot of words have been written about the real facts of the case came out, and I personally buy the case that Frank Clark is innocent, and I think JS does too.

As far as JS being a hypocrite from 2012-2014, that's a fair argument. But I also think the Ray Rice story changed the NFL, at least for a short time, and now JS is actually living up to his words.

Yeah I don't even want to touch any debate over Clark either :thirishdrinkers: . I was just focused on Johns words and his actions after the fact in regards to Domestic Violence issues involving will he or wont he sign "x" player

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3stmiyr9 said:
mikeak":3stmiyr9 said:
^ I still don't see him doing it after making that statement

The statement was made in 2014. It was made in 2015. Not sure if you are aware but DV received the attention it deserves after Ray Rice beat his fiancé up...

Sorry your wrong on when the statement was made. It was made in 2012 before the draft in the Seattle Times when he was asked a question about the Seahawks policy involving character issues.. That quote was included in his answer. In 2015 after the draft he was asked numerous times if what he said in 2012 still applied in 2015,

You are right - thanks for the clarification

Basis4day

Reaction score
How are people convincing themselves that Ray Rice is still good?