Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartire

Reaction score
Popeyejones":cqznjy89 said:
It has more to do with 24 hour news cycles and unrealistic expectations than anything else, IMO.

Should Schneider have instantly publicly condemned Lynch for "assault" this summer or waited until he found out what was going on?

Should Baalke have instantly publicly condemned Kaepernick for "rape" this summer or waited until he found out what was going on?

It's no different than 9ers fans having fun over Schneider having to cut-and-paste boilerplate PED statements. When they talk about how "sad it is" they're just concern trolling. It's the same deal.

And to be clear, none of this even remotely changes the fact that if this is as advertised I hope they cut him. Even if it hurts the team for all-time I hope they cut him.

Actually, JS didnt say anything involving Lynch. The team did, and im paraphrasing, "were confident he didnt do it". Also, Lynch was never arrested.

They share no similarities.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1umxkoj0 said:
It's no different than 9ers fans having fun over Schneider having to cut-and-paste boilerplate PED statements. When they talk about how "sad it is" they're just concern trolling. It's the same deal.

It's different because the 9er FO has made the same statements in the past, and incidents like this continue. That speaks on the team leadership.

9ers lead the NFL in arrests: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_264 ... -two-years

This is not McDonald's first incident. It wasn't Aldon's Smiths first either - how many chances should a guy get?

When we had our own problems, the locker room and the FO handled it:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93157 ... ks-grow-up

Team leaders called a meeting, and PC and JS addressed the issue individually, and with the team.

It's not the same deal.

Cartire

Reaction score
And the other thing popeye, which I think even you have to believe, your big wigs right now are in a meeting.

That meeting consist of PR, Marketing Execs, Strategist, and Coaches. They are actively weighing the risk vs rewards of this scenario. If they play him, how much backlash would they get and is it worth the production. Vice versa, if they dont play him, actively punish him, the public support would be stronger, but the chance of long term support over the possibility of losing games becomes part of the equation.

Im sure they have done this with most of their cases. The problem here becomes, when do we just stop worrying about Polls, perceptions, wins and losses, and just start punishing guys for doing wrong?

Oh you screwed up? Heres the repercussions.

Not.

Oh you screwed up? Lets evaluate the situation and see if repercussion are best for the team or not.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hoxrox":1d5cmwl5 said:
Popeyejones":1d5cmwl5 said:

It's different because the 9er FO has made the same statements in the past, and incidents like this continue. That speaks on the team leadership.

9ers lead the NFL in arrests: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_264 ... -two-years

This is not McDonald's first incident. It wasn't Aldon's Smiths first either - how many chances should a guy get?

When we had our own problems, the locker room and the FO handled it:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93157 ... ks-grow-up

Team leaders called a meeting, and PC and JS addressed the issue individually, and with the team.

It's not the same deal.

Yes, yes, we know...Pete walks on water, Harbaugh has horns.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2pmbv1ur said:

There is that extremist thing again... but since you mentioned it, it's true.

Niner fans are blind to the invisible horns. They don't show up on TV, but every time the Niners come to town I clearly see them.

[emoji1]

And Carroll just doesn't walk on water, he can part the seas.

ringless

Reaction score
It seems like 80% of 49er fans want him gone. A line was defintely crossed and I do respect the fans that can look past the football aspect and see that a pretty srerious line was crossed. Jim did say himself that anything can be forgiven except hitting a woman and that is the end of the road.

I'm not going to celebrate the demise of the 49ers in this fashion. I do think the organization itself needs to take this into their own hands and act swiftly. Either cut ties or suspend him for a year. They have a great opportunity to get their players in line and show them they will no longer tolerate players that put themselves in bad situations.

Jim's quote about hitting women is going to show if he means what he said. Or if winning is more important than domestic violence.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's like having a middle aged temper tantrum throwing baby as a coach hurts the team or something.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Marvin49":s08e3dty said:

I think the point remains.

The entire 49er org needs to do something - other than what they've been doing - because their decisions and how they are handling all of this is going to affect their ability to sustain success.

Harbaugh - he actually may be handcuffed in all of this... but let's see what happens.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hoxrox":17o45cd6 said:
Marvin49":17o45cd6 said:

The entire 49er org needs to do something - other than what they've been doing - because their decisions and how they are handling all of this is going to affect their ability to sustain success.

Harbaugh - he actually may be handcuffed in all of this... but let's see what happens.

I seem to remember very similar talk after Kap got in trouble.

You have to see what the fact of the case are before you react. To do otherwise is irresponsible.

If he did this, put me in line to condemn him. Lets like, you know, find out what happened first. I know its a novel concept.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Marvin49":1j0vid2y said:
hoxrox":1j0vid2y said:
Marvin49":1j0vid2y said:

I seem to remember very similar talk after Kap got in trouble.

You have to see what the fact of the case are before you react. To do otherwise is irresponsible.

If he did this, put me in line to condemn him. Lets like, you know, find out what happened first. I know its a novel concept.

Right but I'm not just talking about this latest incident. I'm talking about your team's history of arrests in the past 3 years.

Kap was never arrested so that's besides the point.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
pmedic920":2mwdnc6s said:
Does anybody know what specifically made it a felony?

I think its a felony regardless.

Nobody knows what happened yet. Police not releasing the report. McDonald was already said "truth will come out". No clue that that means.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
This and the Kap and Lynch incidents don't really have much in common considering that neither of them were arrested and released on 25k bond. As desperate as you seem to want to believe nothing happened, pretty much everyone says "the truth will come out"... it means nothing.

lsheldon

Reaction score
ringless":333co96p said:
It seems like 80% of 49er fans want him gone. A line was defintely crossed and I do respect the fans that can look past the football aspect and see that a pretty srerious line was crossed. Jim did say himself that anything can be forgiven except hitting a woman and that is the end of the road.

I'm not going to celebrate the demise of the 49ers in this fashion. I do think the organization itself needs to take this into their own hands and act swiftly. Either cut ties or suspend him for a year. They have a great opportunity to get their players in line and show them they will no longer tolerate players that put themselves in bad situations.

Jim's quote about hitting women is going to show if he means what he said. Or if winning is more important than domestic violence.

I would say a lot are calling for him to be released. However, there are a surprising number on webzone more worried about whether a suspension will occur this year or next. Pretty typical from that fan base. More worried about how it will impact their season than what McDonald did to a pregnant woman.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2stv55gs said:
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithSmith · 19m
#BREAKING: @49ers player Ray McDonald released from Santa Clara County jail. Says "truth will come out" & it was a "crazy situation." #ktvu
I ran it through my translator and this came out "My future baby momma just found out how much scratch I stand to lose, and would like to clarify that she fell down the stairs and ran into a doorknob."

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":1zmeyric said:
This and the Kap and Lynch incidents don't really have much in common considering that neither of them were arrested and released on 25k bond. As desperate as you seem to want to believe nothing happened, pretty much everyone says "the truth will come out"... it means nothing.

Huh? Don't YOU hope nothing happened? I would hope EVERYONE hopes nothing happened.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2du22ta9 said:
Marvin49":2du22ta9 said:
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithSmith · 19m
#BREAKING: @49ers player Ray McDonald released from Santa Clara County jail. Says "truth will come out" & it was a "crazy situation." #ktvu
I ran it through my translator and this came out "My future baby momma just found out how much scratch I stand to lose, and would like to clarify that she fell down the stairs and ran into a doorknob."

lol. Won't matter. Spouse can't rescind story. He'll be investigated regardless even if the spouse doesn't want it.

This is because victims of abuse tend to backtrack. Police protect them by removing their ability to choose if the other person is charged.

Exittium

Reaction score
Marvin49":kaod7o38 said:
pmedic920":kaod7o38 said:
Does anybody know what specifically made it a felony?

I think its a felony regardless.

Nobody knows what happened yet. Police not releasing the report. McDonald was already said "truth will come out". No clue that that means.

Just means that since there was more 49ers there, its all of their words vs hers. Therefore the dude could have punched her ass but his cronies will back him up and say how she was standing behind the cupboard when he opened it and accidentally hit her... not the best metaphor/analogy but you get the point. I don't really care about the facts at this point. I only say that due to its going to be his buddies vs her so regardless there probably won't be anything accurate for the facts.

Edit: Also I don't wish for him to actually beat a Woman, let a lone a pregnant one. I think or I would like to hope we all were raised better then that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Old McDonald smacked his girl, E-I-E-I-O...
Roger gave the heave ho, E-I-E-I-O.

Status
Not open for further replies.